• Raised $440 of $700 target

Congratulations to the Hawks

Fetawhey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Who says we will continue to 3-4 more games per year? Why can't we make a 6-8 game jump this year and maybe next year as well?

You were the ONE who stated you would be happy making continuous progress like we have been... I would say that the average jump we have made per year is around 3-4... My question was "who will be here that long (to maintain continuity)?" That one is for you to answer...

But to answer your question, we should be able to (with the right coaching)... But considering we resigned Woody and Fizdale and Elson are gone, not to mention if we resign both Joshes, what holes are we going to be able to fill?

Don't get me wrong, I hope we make great strides this year, but that would mean that Woody will have to make strides in his coaching... That's something that I am definitely not going to hold my breath for...

Quote:

Who says we will continue to 3-4 more games per year? Why can't we make a 6-8 game jump this year and maybe next year as well?

First of all the more wins you have the harder it is to improve.

Secondly in the past we had a lot of capspace to work with and high draft picks. This year we have no cap space and no draft picks.

The road to 50 wins is not easy.

Just because I would be happy with steadily improving every year doesn't mean I don't think we won't have a year or two where we make a significant jump. I would bet it's pretty rare that a team steadily increases it's wins by a moderate number every year to make it to the elite teams. There has to be a big jump in there somewhere and I think we are close to be able to do that.

Obviously the road to 50 wins isn't easy and I doubt that we get there this year, but I see no reason why we can't win 45 games this year. The following year we should have enough money freed up to make a run at a marquee player and that could be when we finally make our push above 50 wins.

I am making the assumption that our core will be together. Meaning JJ, Marvin, Chillz, Smoove, Horford, and Acie. Add another marquee player to that group and maybe a re-signed for a reasonable deal Bibby and you are in business.

Quote:

I am making the assumption that our core will be together. Meaning JJ, Marvin, Chillz, Smoove, Horford, and Acie. Add another marquee player to that group and maybe a re-signed for a reasonable deal Bibby and you are in business.

Maybe we could get Harry Potter on the payroll and he could conjure us that marquee player without having to give anyone up.

Quote:

Yeah you're probably right, we couldn't do anything with Bibby's 15 million or better yet with his expiring contract.

I guess i must be twisting your words again.

Quote:

Add another marquee player to that group and maybe a
re-signed for a reasonable deal Bibby
and you are in business.

i should have known that you really meant trading Bibby for said player.

notice the word "maybe"? Let me make this easy. If we don't trade Bibby his salary will come off the books and we can sign a marquee player and if we can get one for around 10 million that would leave 5 million to re-sign Bibby.

If we trade Bibby at the deadline then we won't have him, but we can STILL re-sign him after the season if there is mutual interest.

Quote:

notice the word "maybe"?
Let me make this easy. If we don't trade Bibby his salary will come off the books and we can sign a marquee player and if we can get one for around 10 million that would leave 5 million to re-sign Bibby.

If we trade Bibby at the deadline then we won't have him, but we can STILL re-sign him after the season if there is mutual interest.

I noticed the word AND

Quote:

Add another marquee player to that group
and
maybe a re-signed for a reasonable deal Bibby and you are in business.

which would mean that Bibby might somehow be playing with our new marquee player which would be pretty difficult if we traded bibby to get him.

it isn't like we are going to have capspace if we let Bibby walk. We will have Smiths new deal plus Marvins cap hold killing our cap space. I haven't worked out the exact numbers but i don't think we will have much space if we let Bibby go. Not to mention Bibby's cap hold which would be $15 million unless we renounced his Bird rights.

You need to start saying what you mean or have subtitles in your posts translating them into normal English.

I can't help that you like to pick out words and make up your own assumptions based on those words instead of reading the sentence or post as a whole like everyone else seems so capable of doing.

It may be difficult for Bibby to play with our new marquee player if we traded Bibby, but it's not impossible as I explained previously.

Quote:

I can't help that you like to pick out words and make up your own assumptions based on those words instead of reading the sentence or post as a whole like everyone else seems so capable of doing.

It may be difficult for Bibby to play with our new marquee player if we traded Bibby, but it's not impossible as I explained previously.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Bibby and Marvin will have cap holds of nearly $30 million next summer. That would make it kind of hard to spend big on a free agent.

You never mentioned trading Bibby but i am supposed to know that is what you meant? I am not a mind reader.

Quote:

What's funny is that I don't believe we have been graced with Northcyde's opinion
drugs.gif
yet...

Here's something even more funnier. Outside of the first few posts in which that Spurs fan congratuated us, I didn't even bother to peep the thread again, until today, because of the numerous posts.

I wanted to see what should be "bookmarked".

I'm still reading the thread, so I might say something later.

Quote:

Again, I never said a 1 game improvement. How difficult is that for you to grasp?

How difficult is it for you to type what you actually mean? I know you are a math guy since you are into programming (although you don't seem to grasp the law of averages very well) but you need some serious help with your writing skills. I will again quote what you said...

until the point comes where we stop winning more games than the previous season I will continue to be proud of our improvement.

Now, you may not have meant it, but you CLEARLY state you will be happy as long as we progess year after year (winning more games than the previous year). Guess what... ONE game is an improvment. Again, you should know this being a "math" guy.

After reading your latest Smoove "yearly" thread, perhaps you will now be able to admit you don't come across as clear as you would like sometimes. After all, this is the the internet and words get misrepresented sometimes. Maybe instead of calling other people out for "twisting" your words and claiming they are attacking you, you should simply say "I can see how you would take it that way. What I meant was....", instead of being so damn defensive.