• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

BK - Thanks Pal

DJlaysitup

Quote:

We are now sitting with no draft pick. The final work that BK got us to was 37 regular season wins with his coach. I have said this before and I have talked about it with my old boss (since retired - Providence fan)...the key to make paychecks is to get a team SO LOW (13 wins...laughingstock) that it looks good when you double it to 26 . Now we all know that 26 wins is still laughingstock status...but apparently BK could sell it. Then another season out of the playoffs and then 37!!!! 37!! Holy Cow 37 wins !!

There are five levels of NBA basketball teams:

Laughingstock (26 wins or below)

Bad (27 to 36 wins)

Inconsistent (37 wins to 45 wins)

Good (46 wins to 55 wins)

Championship contender (55 wins and above...meaning 55-27)..............this is E.C.

If it makes you feel any better, you can view Law as our '08 draft pick. The reality is that BK, with some of his flaws in building this team, actually did a very good thing with that Harrington trade for Indy's 1st round pick. That pick gave us Law, an extra lottery pick and potentially the best PG in the draft last year.

In essence, BK got back the draft pick he gave to Phoenix in the JJ deal, with that move. Not having a draft pick this year also helps us in our free agency dealings. So it all balances out.

As for your 5 levels of an NBA team, we've gone up one progression in each of the last 4 seasons. I actually think there should be a level under laughingstock, called "no hope", for those teams that win less than 20 games.

13 - no hope

26 - laughingstock

30 - bad

37 - inconsistent

So next year, we'll move up to"good".

Things are never as bad as they appear, unless it's clear that you are regressing.