• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Steal of the Draft

Johnnybravo4

Richard Hendrix-Alabama

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/richardhendrix.html

We need to get this dude. I remember that he was the sh*t in H.S. and probably would have jumped to the NBA in another era. He was a beast in the SEC and avg about 17/10 but was sort of lost under the shadow of other college stars. His measurables don't blow you away but he just knows how to play basketball...and he has toughness. I say we trade Solo or maybe Zaza to get into the late first round to pick him up. He is projected as a second rounder but I don't believe he will last that long. He will be a much better pro than he was a college player. Remember I said it first!

The last thing we need is another rookie/very young guy--especially since Woodson is back. This team is young enough as it is. We need more vets who we can lean on. Let's get the vets first, THEN we can talk about getting a relatively young guy.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Richard Hendrix-Alabama

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/richardhendrix.html

We need to get this dude. I remember that he was the sh*t in H.S. and probably would have jumped to the NBA in another era. He was a beast in the SEC and avg about 17/10 but was sort of lost under the shadow of other college stars. His measurables don't blow you away but he just knows how to play basketball...and he has toughness. I say we trade Solo or maybe Zaza to get into the late first round to pick him up. He is projected as a second rounder but I don't believe he will last that long. He will be a much better pro than he was a college player. Remember I said it first!

I don't know how this dude was in HS, but I'm willing to say Steal of the draft will be Shan Foster from Vandy. I think mocks are writing him off and that's good. I hope he doesn't go drafted and we can pick this guy up. He needs to work on his strength, but similar to Jeremy Richardson, this guy is a natural shooter, high release point, great range. I think that offensively, this guy can be either a poor man's Reggie Miller guy if he goes to a team that gives his screens or a Micheal Redd type player if he builds up his strength.

Shan Foster is pretty tall so he would be able to get his shot off against most 2's and 3's. If we are going to look for an undersized PF that rebounds and can play defense against SF's and PF's we should bring Jeremis Smith from Georgia Tech in becuase he will go undrafted.

Quote:

The last thing we need is another rookie/very young guy--especially since Woodson is back. This team is young enough as it is. We need more vets who we can lean on. Let's get the vets first, THEN we can talk about getting a relatively young guy.

Agreed and he's a little undersized. He'd never see the court.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed and he's a little undersized. He'd never see the court.

You guys have it all wrong. You can't look to have a future without a contiinuous crop of young players who can play. If for nothing else but development and trade, we need young guys even moreso than Vets.

Here's the deal, look at a team like Denver. They are vet filled. NO young guys on the horizon. They will meet their end and have no turnaround. Whereas a team like GS or a team like PTL has so many young guys that they can use them to trade for needed vets. That's all Boston did. They parlayed the young guys that they had developed along with some ending contracts into good vets.

We're crying for vets, vets... but let's not neglect the chance to get young guys.

Quote:

You guys have it all wrong. You can't look to have a future without a contiinuous crop of young players who can play. If for nothing else but development and trade, we need young guys even moreso than Vets.

Here's the deal, look at a team like Denver. They are vet filled. NO young guys on the horizon. They will meet their end and have no turnaround. Whereas a team like GS or a team like PTL has so many young guys that they can use them to trade for needed vets. That's all Boston did. They parlayed the young guys that they had developed along with some ending contracts into good vets.

We're crying for vets, vets... but let's not neglect the chance to get young guys.

Diesel, we are going to have plenty of draft picks to add to this team in the coming years. Adding a late 1st round rookie is nowhere near as good of a move, than adding a solid vet that you know that can play. Especially not right now.

I've seen a lot of Shan Foster, and I wouldn't mind one bit if the Hawks brought him into camp if he goes undrafted.

And people have to remember this about Zaza. Until we get a capable defensive or all-around decent backup center, Zaza HAS to be a part of this team because he's the biggest body on the squad.

And yoy talk about Denver like they're some abysmal failure or something. That team was a top 10 squad in the NBA last year. But they can't get over the hump come playoff time because they don't have any good on-the-ball defenders. They need to stop playing a true PG alongside Iverson, and let him run the point.

Denver might be better off putting a devensive 2 alongside Iverson, like a Trenton Hassell or even a Mario West, than those marginal PG like Anthony Carter.

All I know is that every year, young "undersized" PF's end up being draft steals. Folks like Big Baby, Jason Maxiel, Leon Powe, al had good roles on successful teams. We need to find a way to sneak in the draft and pick up a guy like Hendrix who I think could play a role on this team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel, we are going to have plenty of draft picks to add to this team in the coming years. Adding a late 1st round rookie is nowhere near as good of a move, than adding a solid vet that you know that can play. Especially not right now.

I've seen a lot of Shan Foster, and I wouldn't mind one bit if the Hawks brought him into camp if he goes undrafted.

And people have to remember this about Zaza. Until we get a capable defensive or all-around decent backup center, Zaza HAS to be a part of this team because he's the biggest body on the squad.

And yoy talk about Denver like they're some abysmal failure or something. That team was a top 10 squad in the NBA last year. But they can't get over the hump come playoff time because they don't have any good on-the-ball defenders. They need to stop playing a true PG alongside Iverson, and let him run the point.

Denver might be better off putting a devensive 2 alongside Iverson, like a Trenton Hassell or even a Mario West, than those marginal PG like Anthony Carter.

No. I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying we should give it all up for Shan Foster. Hell, we might get him anyway. However, I'm saying that we don't turn down proposals that would allow us to get Beasley or Rose or Mayo... with the excuse... "We don't need to get younger". That's BS. I say that Horford showed up in a bigger way than Marvin or Smoove in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Horford was big, but I wouldn't say he showed up bigger than Smoove did. In the games at home smoove was pretty much a 25/10/5/5 player.

On the average though. Smoove finished a 15/6 player..

What the hell happened in Boston??

Horford was a more consistent 12/10 guy.

Quote:

Quote:

Horford was big, but I wouldn't say he showed up bigger than Smoove did. In the games at home smoove was pretty much a 25/10/5/5 player.

On the average though. Smoove finished a 15/6 player..

What the hell happened in Boston??

Horford was a more consistent 12/10 guy.

What happened to any of our players in Boston???