• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Possible trade: Marvin/Zaza for Carmelo Anthony

HAWKS1986

Anthony needs a fresh start and I believe Marvin needs a fresh start on another team as well. Carmelo gives Joe Johnson a young 'veteran' scorer who can create on his own and demand double teams..

Is this possible? And would Carmelo be a good fit in Atlanta..

No for so many reasons:

1)We dont need another no-defense playing cat on our team

2)Do you really want an immature distraction like Melo on your team--especially in a city like ATL?

3) He would cost WAAAAAAAAY too much

4) Why get him when we can go after others like Richard Jefferson who is a much more experienced player and a surefire leader and vet?

5) There are way better options out there. Not every superstar is a fit for every team. We need to think about cohesiveness and veteran leadership...I doubt Anthony would provide either for our very young group.

Carmelo has had his negative moments and bouts of immaturity. However, maybe he is ready to re-dedicate himself to being an all-around player (defensively) and/or person (off-the court issues)..

The Hawks need an immediate upgrade at the small forward position. Maybe Carmelo isn't the answer due to his 'issues', and I do like the other option of Richard Jefferson. However, Carmerlo has been more durable than Jefferson in recent years..

Additionally,I hope the Hawks consider Corey Maggette ....or even Kelenna Azibuke

I think it would take alot more to get Melo then Marvin and Zaza. Even if he is on the block, Nuggets are looking for another player to complement AI, yah i dont really think marvin and zaza do that any better then melo. Im surprised people here saying they don't want Melo, despite his off court issues. An Allstar is an Allstar a Franchise player is a Franchise player. id do this easily

Quote:

No for so many reasons:

1)We dont need another no-defense playing cat on our team

2)Do you really want an immature distraction like Melo on your team--especially in a city like ATL?

3) He would cost WAAAAAAAAY too much

4) Why get him when we can go after others like Richard Jefferson who is a much more experienced player and a surefire leader and vet?

5) There are way better options out there. Not every superstar is a fit for every team. We need to think about cohesiveness and veteran leadership...I doubt Anthony would provide either for our very young group.

Starting lineup:

G - Bibby

G - JJ ( all-star )

F - Melo ( all-star )

F - Smith ( potential all-star )

F/C - Horford

Quote:

Anthony needs a fresh start and I believe Marvin needs a fresh start on another team as well. Carmelo gives Joe Johnson a young 'veteran' scorer who can create on his own and demand double teams..

Is this possible? And would Carmelo be a good fit in Atlanta..

It may not be possible, but I would do it in a heartbeat.

Quote:

Quote:

Carmelo's agent doesn't think he will be traded during the offseason.

The Nuggets would be crazy to give him away for a deal like Marvin/Zaza or Richard Jefferson, IMO. I am not sure how they would get equal value for him.

They would never get equal value, he has too much of a history of bad behavior and I'm a Melo fan. He's a good man, but he can be a thug at times and that's not good at all.

• Moderators

I agree he can be something of a punk at times but he is still pretty young and I would not want to give him away before he grows up. Plus, there are others who have been punks before and had pretty respectable careers:

Robert Horry:

(A) Not on youtube but the towel in Danny Ainge's face:

(B):

Chris Paul - Ball Buster

What is more punk than Paul punching Hodge in the balls? (also Bowen)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

Kevin McHale

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

• Premium Member

ESPN.com reported the Nuggets turned down an offer of Denver native Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince. But such a deal, without at least one other player being involved, wouldn't work under salary-cap rules.