• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are some players you could accept for Smoove?

Admin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Maybe we could follow up the Smoove for Gay deal with Marvin for Okafor? How sick would that be to have Gay-Horford-Okafor as your front court with Acie/Bibby and JJ in the back court? Damn! Plenty of scoring, shooting range, defense, and ball handling ability as well as youth and experience.

Quote:

YOU CAN'T TRADE SMITH FOR BILLUPS OR PRINCE, MUCH LESS BOTH OF THEM. The Salaries do not even come close to matching up.

I wasn't trying to make salary-sense since no one else in here has. Gay, Al Jefferson is wishful thinking. Both wouldn't be great on the Hawks either. There just fine in Minny and Memphis. I don't know why you guys overvalue Smith so badly. I know his value high but he isn't Wade, Lebron or Melo. He is a nice player, with nice pot. that's lacking in areas that will prevent him from being the player that he would like to become. I like him for 55 mil, but more then that while he's the black AK-47. ummm, I don't think so.

Quote:

Agreed. Maybe we could follow up the Smoove for Gay deal with Marvin for Okafor? How sick would that be to have Gay-Horford-Okafor as your front court with Acie/Bibby and JJ in the back court? Damn! Plenty of scoring, shooting range, defense, and ball handling ability as well as youth and experience.

This diesel level trade. Okafor for Marvin, lmao. I seriously doubt they would do that deal. Emeka for Smith they would do, but I wouldn't in a millon years becuase of EO injury history.

Quote:

Quote:

I wasn't trying to make salary-sense since no one else in here has.

Umm, THE WHOLE POINT to this thread is making trades that are financially possible for Smoove.

Gay is still on his rookie contract, how is that possible. And they wouldn't use their capspace to do this deal neither, they would pobably throw in B. Cardinal.

They could take Smith/Zaza for Billups/Prince or Smith/Speedy since Bibby/Smith would likely be too high.

Okay I know you're just an NBA scout and not someone who understands financial considerations with trades but let me help here.

Smith/Zaza - We could take back 9.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Smith/Speedy - We could take back 11.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Billups/Prince - Will make 20 million next year.

Now, can you see any possible way of taking back 20 million in contracts for Billups and Prince under the 1st two scenarios? Nope, can't happen. So what if we make it Smith/Bibby?

Smith/Bibby - We could take back 19.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Financially that deal works, but would anyone here trade Smith/Bibby for Billups/Prince at this point in their careers? You also have to consider that Prince is a 3 so that means we would have to find a trade for Marvin.

Quote:

Okay I know you're just an NBA scout and not someone who understands financial considerations with trades but let me help here.

Smith/Zaza - We could take back 9.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Smith/Speedy - We could take back 11.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Billups/Prince - Will make 20 million next year.

Now, can you see any possible way of taking back 20 million in contracts for Billups and Prince under the 1st two scenarios? Nope, can't happen. So what if we make it Smith/Bibby?

Smith/Bibby - We could take back 19.5 million in salary for if Smith signs for 11 per.

Financially that deal works, but would anyone here trade Smith/Bibby for Billups/Prince at this point in their careers? You also have to consider that Prince is a 3 so that means we would have to find a trade for Marvin.

lol, you couldn't resist a cheap shot. Shows the class that you have. Smith will likely sign for 13.5 or more. Speedy I'm not sure but is somewhere in 5's I'm guessing. That under 10 percent and makes the trade possible.

Bibby makes 14 mil and that alone means JS will sign in between 4.5-8 mil which in not happening. I don't think they would want Bibby anyway.

I just checked Prince he will make around 9.2 and billups will 11.4 which is around 20 mil like you said earlier. To make the S&T we would have to stay within 10% of that deal.

Dolfan,

Remember a while back I compared some statistics as far as the type of special season Smoove had this year? I realize that it was narrow; but that is how good it was. The names that came up in relation to his stats:

MJ

Shaq

Kobe

Hakeem

and very few others. Now; obviously, I am not and I will not put Smith in the same discussion with these players in most ways. I'm just saying that there are maybe two or three other guys in the game today that do what he does. We have something special and it would be tragic to let it go! 18 points, 8 boards, 2+/- blocks, 1.5 steals, 5 assists? Only LeBron can realistically fill up the stat sheet like that. Maybe Amare or Boozer. maybe.

Quote:

Quote:

Gay is still on his rookie contract, how is that possible.

If you really want to know, read the entire thread.

If you can't figure it out then, well ...

Please read my entire post, I see you failed to do that.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gay is still on his rookie contract, how is that possible.

If you really want to know, read the entire thread.

If you can't figure it out then, well ...

Smoove is a BYC player.

Look that up an then get back to him.

Quote:

Dolfan,

Remember a while back I compared some statistics as far as the type of special season Smoove had this year? I realize that it was narrow; but that is how good it was. The names that came up in relation to his stats:

MJ

Shaq

Kobe

Hakeem

and very few others. Now; obviously, I am not and I will not put Smith in the same discussion with these players in most ways. I'm just saying that there are maybe two or three other guys in the game today that do what he does. We have something special and it would be tragic to let it go! 18 points, 8 boards, 2+/- blocks, 1.5 steals, 5 assists? Only LeBron can realistically fill up the stat sheet like that. Maybe Amare or Boozer. maybe.

But you are putting Smith in the name of those guys and what seperate Smoove from those guys is overall talent and skills they have which Smoove is not likely to get too.

By the way, when did Smith get 5 assist a season, that's beyond me.

As for the rebounds, I expect those to go down when he loses some athetic ability. The steals are in part due to his lack of man defense and playing off the ball instead of on it like Wade or Bron. The smarter he gets on defense, that stat will drop. Blocks is his best skill. He is very athletic but his timing and feel is top notch and I can only see him improving in this area. Points should only slightly improve, I don't see him being more then a 2nd option and that's final. As for assist, he is a solid passer, makes great passes and then in minutes later a bad lazy one. Depending if he's hot or cold usually tells you how good of a passer he would be in a game.

Quote:

Quote:

No. I didn't.

Do you realize that we have both posted that it is unlikely that Memphis would move Rudy Gay?

That means we agreed.

I agree but before that I said that Memp would not use there capspace to trade for Smith. So we both agree but I don't think you fully understood what I wrote. No disrespect, I think it was a misunderstanding. No hard feelings

Quote:

None on your list!

Lets see;

Dwight Howard

LBJ

Wade

Kobe

Yeah, just those.

I'm serious. I know I have a sort of "man-crush", to borrow Bill Simmons, on Smoove; but we'll all see very soon...

i fell you, whoever we got for smith would have to be at least an 8 time allstar at the end of his career. i see smoove going to seven.