Who are some players you could accept for Smoove?

Admin

You're right; I rounded up to four assists and I typed five. Sorry.

I am putting him in their category as it relates to athleticism and statistics. Not talent and skills. it would be heinous to say he is on MJ's talent level. No, not heinous, just damned funny.

Now, the fact that he puts up all these stats with his skills being so minimally refined is jaw-dropping.

Quote:

As for assist, he is a solid passer, makes great passes and then in minutes later a bad lazy one.

Point taken; this is an attitude problem; if he would "wake up", so to speak (to me it looks like he is asleep half of his PT), this could change.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

You're right; I rounded up to four assists and I typed five. Sorry.

I am putting him in their category as it relates to athleticism and statistics. Not talent and skills. it would be heinous to say he is on MJ's talent level. No, not heinous, just damned funny.

Now, the fact that he puts up all these stats with his skills being so minimally refined is jaw-dropping.

Quote:

As for assist, he is a solid passer, makes great passes and then in minutes later a bad lazy one.

Point taken; this is an attitude problem; if he would "wake up", so to speak (to me it looks like he is asleep half of his PT), this could change.

Idk, I watched Lamar Odom have a similar problem. Not that there the same, but I don't think it is that cureable. J. Tinsley still has same of the same problems he came into the league with. I think he will get smarter. I think he will lose some of his athletic ability. I also think that he will become a boarderline All Star to All Star player he can become. I don't think he help lead this team to a championship anytime soon or at all.

We could only take back about $6M if Smoove's salary started at $12M but the full $12M of Smoove's starting salary would count against the other team's cap. If the team is over the cap, they have to send out $12M in salary if they are receiving $12M in salary and that is not the case with your proposals.

I may be wrong but I THINK if we were to renounce Chillz, we are far enough under the cap at $51.75M that we could absorb Gay's $2.6M salary and still be under the cap while MEM is far enough under the cap that they could absorb Smoove's new $12M salary and still be under the cap. The question is why would they want to do that? They have Gay at $2.6M next season and at $3.2M the year after that. Then, they can match any offer he gets the season after that. Gay is already on Smoove's level as a player and he has just as much potential to get better.

In all the other proposals, we would have to send a player like Zaza to a 3rd team who was under the cap for like a 2nd round pick. In some of the proposals, the other team would have to do the same thing.

I know I didn't expalin this very well but go to Larry Coon's FAQ page and look at questions 73 and 74 for a better explanation.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

You are right I didn't look at the cap situation for those teams, I only took into consideration the 6 million dollar and under players that I think would be fair value wise to trade Smith for.

You're right we would have to get a 3rd team involved to absorb the remaining 6 million. Who are the teams that are under the cap by 6 million or more this coming season? There might be another player near 6 million in salary that could be sent to one of those teams from the team that we are trading with to make it work.

For example maybe we could do a deal where we get Aldridge/future 1st and the Blazers also ship out Steve Blake and send him to Charlotte. I think that is a deal that would work.

We would send 11 million to Portland and Portland would send out 4.6 million to us and 4.6 million to Charlotte for a total of 9.2 million.

Quote:

Let's say that we decided (for whatever reason) to SnT Smoove. Considering that he is BYC we will only be able to take back about 6 million for him in return salary unless we add in other players, which I don't think is a good idea since it would create additional holes.

So with that in mind, who are some players in the 6 million and under range that you would be willing to SnT Smoove for? Here are some options for me:

Rudy Gay

Andris Biedrins (with a 1st)

Al Jefferson

Hedo Turkoglu (with a 1st)

Andre Iguodala (with a 1st)

Greg Oden (I'd also add a future 1st)

LaMarcus Aldridge (with a 1st)

Brandon Roy

Chris Wilcox (with their lotto pick)

Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah (with their lotto pick)

Udonis Haslem (with their lotto pick)

I wouldn't by choice take any of those players over Josh. But if a gun was put to my head I would go with Oden. No one else on that list will be better than Smoove. I don't think Oden wil either but at this point he's the only one that's uncertain IMO.

Heck, I MIGHT take Jefferson over JJ. How good would a Jefferson, Horford, Smoove frontline be for the next decade?

There are not a lot of 23 year olds who are 6'10, 265 lbs who average 21/11 while shooting 50% from the field. That dude is going to be a BEAST as soon as this coming season.