• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

In the NBA of today is there...............

Wurider05

a such thing as a franchise player. That one player on a team that can't be replaced under any circumstances. I don't think that there is a such thing any more personally. The closest I can think of is Lebron but I wouldn't call him a franchise player. Is the idea long gone with all of the parity that is in the league today?

Quote:

a such thing as a franchise player. That one player on a team that can't be replaced under any circumstances. I don't think that there is a such thing any more personally. The closest I can think of is Lebron but I wouldn't call him a franchise player. Is the idea long gone with all of the parity that is in the league today?

Lebron is a franchise player. He sells the tickets, He scores the most points, he is the face of the team and the leader. Why not call him a franchise player.

Yes. Boston won with one franchise player (Pierce) and two borderline former franchise players.

The Lakers also got to the dance (Kobe).

The Spurs won with Duncan as a franchise player.

The Heat won with Wade's emergence (and a still effective but no longer franchise Shaq).

Detroit even had Sheed (formerly considered a franchise player, albeit mistakenly).

Not only do franchise players exist, but they are pretty imperative to winning a championship.