• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is the limit per year you would go for Smith?

Admin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The max for a player with Smoove's years of service was $12M in 05-06, $12.45M in 06-07 and $13M ($13,041,250) in 07-08. Taking the above into account, it stands to reason that the max will be around $13.6M in 08-09.

You must be looking at the first year max. Over the life of the deal the max is much higher, more like $17 million currently.

JJ signed his deal after his rookie contract was up and he got $14 million/yr.

I have a feeling that a lot of people misinterpreted Dolphan's poll. He was asking for the annual average salary not the first year salary.

Quote:

Quote:

The max for a player with Smoove's years of service was $12M in 05-06, $12.45M in 06-07 and $13M ($13,041,250) in 07-08. Taking the above into account, it stands to reason that the max will be around $13.6M in 08-09.

You must be looking at the first year max. Over the life of the deal the max is much higher, more like $17 million currently.

JJ signed his deal after his rookie contract was up and he got $14 million/yr.

I have a feeling that a lot of people misinterpreted Dolphan's poll. He was asking for the annual average salary not the first year salary.

I for one misinterpreted the question. If average salary is the intention I would have to up my ante' from $12 mill (1st base year) to a $14 mill average over a 5 year deal as the max. 5 years and $70 mill sounds high but if the market makes us match then we seemingly have to. Of course 5 years at $60 mill would be ideal and represents "fair" value to me.

I put 12 but I'd probably go higher now that I think about the alternatives.

The big problem with this poll is that it doesn't say what we'd be getting back if we didn't sign him. I wouldn't let him walk if he was offered more. I'm fine with letting role players walk, Chil helps this team but if he gets signed to a $7.5m offer sheet and the other team doesn't blink when we threaten to resign, I'd let him walk instead of resigning. Smith, wouldn't let him walk.

Quote:

I wasn't asking for the average annual salary as that is the most relevant to us right now. I was asking for the starting salary and I believe that most people have been voting off of that assumption.

This is what you wrote.

Quote:

beyond 11 million
annually

You made no mention of starting salary.

You seem to be the only one assuming an average. I don't know why you like to twist my words but there is a difference between "annually" and "average". Obviously he won't sign a contract that pays him the same amount every year.

Quote:

You seem to be the only one
assuming
an average. I don't know why you like to twist my words but there is a difference between "annually" and "average".
Obviously
he won't sign a contract that pays him the same amount every year.

Annual salary and starting salary are two different things. I am sorry if you didn't realize there was a difference.

I am not twisting your words I am actually reading them. The problem is that you don't know how to express yourself.

You say career numbers when you mean peak numbers. You say annual salary when you mean starting salary. Your lack of English skills are not my problem I am just reading what you wrote.

Feel free to post whatever you would like. It's completely obvious that you are the only one who is unable to comprehend the initial post, or maybe you did and you are just trying to stir the pot as usual, but either way I could care less whether you understood the initial post as everyone else has.

Quote:

Feel free to post whatever you would like. It's completely obvious that you are the only one who is unable to comprehend the initial post, or maybe you did and you are just trying to stir the pot as usual, but either way I could care less whether you understood the initial post as everyone else has.

Annually means year after year after year. it isn't hard to grasp.

Since he won't be making $11 million in his second or 3rd year he won't be making $11 million annually. He will be making $11 million only in year one so he can't be making $11 million annually.

Since you mentioned Philly clearing more space I am sure many assumeed that you meant an offer bigger than they could offer currently. But that isn't what you said. As usual i go by what you actually say and then you accuse me of twisting your words because you don't understand English.

Guest Walter

Quote:

You seem to be the only one
assuming
an average. I don't know why you like to twist my words but there is a difference between "annually" and "average".
Obviously
he won't sign a contract that pays him the same amount every year.

I read "annually" and voted an average over the course of the contract just to let you know.

W