• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sixers Gm on radio this morning

HawkNJersey

I'm paraphrasing..it was 2hrs ago....I must say, he's the most honest GM I've heard yet...

- Was asked about the rumors that Andre I. was seeking a max contract.

-- he responded that he is not a Michael Jordan type player. He is not someone you build the team around. He is good player but he needs to be paired with other good players. Ready for July 1 to start negotiations but he is not a max player

- Said he is not sure, what is going to happen with A Miller. Specifically mention that he's an upcoming free agent next year and they will not lose him for nothing. Talked about how, no one is even sure if he's happy with situation in Philly now, because he's so quiet. But will begin to address the situation in a few short weeks.

- Talked about building a team. Commended the Celtics on their quick success but said he's building thru talented young players and they are not that far away.

- They will be active during the draft

- They have 11mil as of "now" to spend on "a" free agent. Wouldn't mention names of course but Smoove was mentioned by the hosts before this interview started. But he's bluntly said on previous shows and newspaper quotes, that they're looking for a PF.

I get the feeling, that these rumors aren't far-fetched.

If anything that is good news. If he comes out and flatly says that Dre isn't Jordan and therefore isn't getting something off the hook, he wouldn't do it for Smith either.

There was never a question about whether the Sixers would consider Smith, that he said this doesn't mean they are any more or less of a threat than a year ago when people were hypothesizing about this sort of stuff happening.

Thanks for the updates by the way.

Quote:

I'm paraphrasing..it was 2hrs ago....I must say, he's the most honest GM I've heard yet...

-- he responded that he is not a Michael Jordan type player. He is not someone you build the team around. He is good player but he needs to be paired with other good players. Ready for July 1 to start negotiations but he is not a max player

- Said he is not sure, what is going to happen with A Miller. Specifically mention that he's an upcoming free agent next year and they will not lose him for nothing. Talked about how, no one is even sure if he's happy with situation in Philly now, because he's so quiet. But will begin to address the situation in a few short weeks.

- Talked about building a team. Commended the Celtics on their quick success but said he's building thru talented young players and they are not that far away.

- They have 11mil as of "now" to spend on "a" free agent. Wouldn't mention names of course but Smoove was mentioned by the hosts before this interview started. But he's bluntly said on previous shows and newspaper quotes, that they're looking for a PF.

Billy Knight put this team behind the 8ball. He should have locked him up last year. Now, they may front load his contract and make it hard to resign Josh. Philly has NOTHING I want. I'm sick of people talking about SNT with Philly for Dalembert, in the event the Sixers push the issue.

Quote:

Damn he is blunt as hell. I can respect that instead of all of the p*ssy footing we get around here. Iggy isn't a max player and it sounds like he won't be bullied into paying him max dollars either. The line needs to be drawn in the sand around here like in Philly.

Quote:

Iggy isn't a max player and it sounds like he won't be bullied into paying him max dollars either. The line needs to be drawn in the sand around here like in Philly.

The same could be said of Smith. I'm sure most GMs don't consider him a max player. How would you feel if the ASG drew a line in the sand and wouldn't pay Smith as a max player and he ended up going somewhere else because of it?

I'm actually jealous of his transparency.

He said everything he could legally say, except mention potential FAs. Which if you could read between the lines of his interview, point to a specific player. But saying that Andre is not a max player open my eyes...this means he doesn't want 1 max player but 2 highly paid ones instead.

From Philly.com blog

Some things that have been mentioned in this forum before

Recently the 76ers held a sit and talk with President/GM Ed Stefanski in Ralph’s Café of the new Comcast building. I was in attendance and had the opportunity to talk to Ed for quite some time (35 minutes). I picked his brain about every option the 76ers could explore, here’s a summary of our conversation, from a very honest and open Ed Stefanski:

Restricted Free Agents:

Andre Iguodola and Louis Williams: The number one off season priority is to resign Iguodola and Williams. The 76ers will not trade Iguodola under any circumstances, obviously if a superstar was offered for Iguodola; the 76ers would have to consider it. Stefanski is very HIGH on Iguodola and Louis Williams. He believes Williams is going to be a very special player, he’s not sure if Williams is a true PG however. Also, Stefanski loves the fact that Iguodola is a team player. He told me not to be disappointed in Iguodola playoff performance, that he’s young and will only get better. He emphasized the point that prince can shut down nearly any SG/SF in the league. The interesting point here was that Iguodola will be playing the 2 spot. He will not play SF unless Thaddeus Young shows he’s not ready to start.

NBA Draft 2008:

Stefanski and I talked candidly about all of there 76ers options in the draft; the 76ers are able to move up to 10 easily if they like a player enough. Ed told me they can package the Utah pick and the 76ers pick from this year to move up to as far as 10 with no problems. The list of prospects the 76ers LOVE include the following 7 names, ranked in order:

1. Russell Westbrook: Stefanski believes he’s in the mold of Chris Paul/Steve Nash, only more athletic and more defensive. He LOVES Westbrook; he told me if a situation presented itself to draft him, he would not hesitate.

2. Joe Alexander: Really likes his athleticism and total game, says his potential is very high.

3. Kevin Love: “I LOVE Love” – Ed Stefanski.

4. Jerryd Bayless: intriguing prospect, says he reminds him a lot of Monte Ellis.

5. Brook Lopez: a big that can score in the post, rebound, run the floor and block shots. Would contribute immediately.

6. Kosta Koufos: Can shoot from anywhere on the floor, will only get better in the post.

7. Anthony Randolph: Loves his potential, says he will not contribute immediately, but also mentioned the fact that no one thought Thaddeus Young would contribute as much as he did last season.

8. Darrell Arthur: likes the fact that he can rebound very well, very smart player

9. Marreese Speights: Can finish at the rim with both hands, very athletic, skilled big. Worries if he is too soft, they have their team psychologist working with him.

10. DeAndre Jordan: Said he is rapidly falling, likes his potential a lot. He has a man’s body and is a project, but has HUGE upside. Said he’s a poor man’s version of Dwight Howard.

11. JJ Hickson: Another big with a lot of potential, loves his strength.

12. Donte Green: Doesn’t like the fact that he can’t play a lick of defense, told me that Green could not cover him even now, lol.

Free Agents and Trades:

1. Elton Brand: Loves him, thinks he’s a great locker room presence. A real PF who can post and rebound, as well as block shots. Said things could get interesting if the Clippers or Brand express interest in parting ways. The 76ers do not have to follow NBA rules for teams over the salary cap; therefore they can package their salary cap money, a first round pick and a player like Willie Green for Elton Brand.

2. Josh Smith: Really believes Smith is something special, also believes the Hawks will match anything for him.

3. Antawn Jamison: likes him as a person, not in love with him as a player. Believes he could fit the 76ers system however.

4. Gilbert Arenas: Absolutely, 100% NO. He will not sacrifice the chemistry and make up of our team, he says that the team the way it is constructed right now, is a bunch of really good guys. Called Arenas “loopy.”

5. Baron Davis: Loves Davis, and if an opportunity presented itself he would trade for him. Davis also might opt out of his contract. This is a situation to look at more. Davis is the perfect fit for the 76ers run and gun offense.

6. Jermaine O’Neal: NO. Makes too much money, could not afford him and is injured too often. Believes he’s on the downside of his career now.

7. Zach Randolph: A bogus rumor that will NEVER happen. The 76ers would never take on his contract (Top 5 worst contracts in the NBA) and will never have someone as mentally unstable as Randolph on the team.

76ers Current Roster:

1. Rodney Carney, Thaddeus Young, Louis Williams and Jason Smith: Loves Carney’s athleticism, says he’s a shy kid who’s finally breaking out of his shell. Also said he is the fastest player in the NBA running the court. Is diligently working on his handle, jumper and defense this off season. Is in ATL at Mark Prices “amazing shooter camp” along with Louis Williams, Thaddeus Young and Jason Smith. The camp is supposedly unbelievable: cameras and video cameras everywhere, video session breaking down shots, two a days and over 500+ jumpers a day for each of the players. The guys love it, especially Young! He said all of these players will improve dramatically with there jump shots.

2. Andre Miller: Not sure what will happen with Miller, says Miller just doesn’t talk. He’s said an entire 10 words to Miller since being the GM. He’s not sure what Miller’s intentions are, said Miller has never stated he wants to stay with the 76ers. His agent can’t even talk to him!? Miller is the key to the 76ers off season plans this summer and next summer. They have to find out where he stands, otherwise they have to move him…his value is tremendously high right now. Also stated that Miller will be 33 or 34 next season. I honestly got the feeling, that Miller will not be a 76er past this season.

3. Willie Green, Reggie Evans and Shalvik Randolph: Randolph will not be a part of the team, are looking to trade Green to free up 4-5 more million dollars of cap space and also, loves Evans but wants him to play a max 16 minutes a game.

That’s all the info I have from our conversation! I hope they make a huge draft day deal to land Westbrook or A. Randolph. The real fun begins on July 1st though!! GO Sixers!!

Lol a few months ago I posted that Andre Miller is not happy in Philly and some people jumped all over me. While he is not the type to whine publicly he is hopeing for a trade this offseason to a team closer to the west coast. If not he is willing to become a free agent next year so he can pick where he goes. He has already made his intentions known to the Sixers.