• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Can we withstand what is coming in the EC

Wurider05

I mean no one expected Miami to not make the playoffs last year. So they are going to definitely be looking to get their spot back. Then you got Chicago, Philly, Charlotte, New Jersey, New York, all making moves to ensure that they are getting better. I mean you hear about the rumors of J. O'neil going to Toronto. New York and Chicago probably would enter luxury tax zone to improve their teams. If we do resign Smoove and Chillz is that enough to insure that we return to the playoffs when we barely made it in last year. I said it a few weeks ago before we resigned Woody that if we did resign him there was no way we would make the playoffs next year. i got the feeling the I am absolutely right.

Boston

Detroit

Orlando

Cleveland

Washington

Toronto

Philly

Atlanta

Miami (2nd pick, D-Wade, Marion)

Chicago

New York (D'Antoni)

Indiana

Charlotte (Larry Brown)

Something big is going to have to happen since they decided to keep Woody and I am going to have to assume that his coaching style isn't going to change. Taking Boston to 7 games will not mean squat when the rest of the conference his loaded up from top to bottom next season. We will basically be the same team and I question how much better than Indiana were we really last season. Our fate was sealed when they resigned Woody. The ASG need to look at the entire situation. Didn't Woody complain about not having enough talent on the team and they are going to give him the same squad he had last year minus Salim. Those cheap bastards didn't even want to pony up money to get a good coach.

No question it will be tough but so much is unknown its tough to know what will happen. The next month will be ALOT of fun. All kinds of trades, signings, and draft moves are inevitable.

Chicago - if they draft Rose can they trade Hinerich for a post player ? If not their roster is still flawed with too many parts duplicating others.

Heat - they still have many options in front of them. (Like the Memphis trade #5 / Miller / Lowry for #2 / fillers or #5 / Conley for #2 / fillers). Then there is the Marion situtation.

Raptors - will dump Ford for something. Maybe J. O'Neil but will he even be healthy ? Can Calderon be the real deal for a full season ? Probably but who knows.

Detroit is really aging. Expect big changes

Cavs - flawed roster but they have Lebron

Orlando - need a SG to go to the next level

Wizards - whats up with both Jameison and Arenas ?

Philly ? Alot of money to burn. What will their roster look like

Charlotte - alot of good pieces. Now they have a coach

Indy - probably rebuilding

ATL - a young team that showed only get better with more chemistry. Can we resign Smoove ?

Bucks - don't sleep on the Bucks. They have a more balanced roster then what he had in Chicago. They could be a suprise team b/c he will make them defend.

Knicks - D'antoni will prove if he is a magician or not.

What a fun off season (considering we have no pics !)

4 of those 5 teams have new head coaches. History tells us that Larry Brown usually takes at least 1 season to "de-program" his new team before they reach unprecedented heights (NYC being the exception). The Heat and Bulls have 1st time head coaches and D'Antoni will likely have a Suns-like roster on Day 1. It will take the Knicks at least 2 seasons to fix Isaiah's messes.

I agree, it won't be an easy path to the playoffs. We can only hope that our youngsters enjoyed the taste of the playoffs and will come back determined to get back. Woody isn't the only problem. The players have ownership too. Too often, they played like little girls on the road. That is a maturity issue that I think the players own. So let's hope that we see more consistent effort next season and not just when they are playing in front of a big home crowd. They need to win those Tuesday evening games in Milwaukee/Charlotte/Memphis too.

Quote:

I mean no one expected Miami to not make the playoffs last year. So they are going to definitely be looking to get their spot back. Then you got Chicago, Philly, Charlotte, New Jersey, New York, all making moves to ensure that they are getting better. I mean you hear about the rumors of J. O'neil going to Toronto. New York and Chicago probably would enter luxury tax zone to improve their teams. If we do resign Smoove and Chillz is that enough to insure that we return to the playoffs when we barely made it in last year. I said it a few weeks ago before we resigned Woody that if we did resign him there was no way we would make the playoffs next year. i got the feeling the I am absolutely right.

Boston

Detroit

Orlando

Cleveland

Washington

Toronto

Philly

Atlanta

Miami (2nd pick, D-Wade, Marion)

Chicago

New York (D'Antoni)

Indiana

Charlotte (Larry Brown)

Something big is going to have to happen since they decided to keep Woody and I am going to have to assume that his coaching style isn't going to change. Taking Boston to 7 games will not mean squat when the rest of the conference his loaded up from top to bottom next season. We will basically be the same team and I question how much better than Indiana were we really last season. Our fate was sealed when they resigned Woody. The ASG need to look at the entire situation. Didn't Woody complain about not having enough talent on the team and they are going to give him the same squad he had last year minus Salim. Those cheap bastards didn't even want to pony up money to get a good coach.

We are OLDER now. And that is all we need.

• Premium Member

agreed with everyone that is stating that it's too early to be able to say how the east will shape up... Last year everyone was sure that the east "was back" and that the Hawks would have little to no shot of making the playoffs due to the competitiveness of the conference... Well, we all know how that played out.

Remember this argument last year when all these teams made moves and the Hawks didn't?

The bottom line is that we have constructed the most promising young roster in the entire conference.

The key is

A)Woody having the clue to put Law in the starting lineup to complete it

and

B)The young talent progressing.

With Marvin in his 3rd season as a starter, Horford no longer a rookie, Acie Law hopefully getting PT and giving us dribble penetration, JJ and Smoove hopefully having momentum off of their playoff highs, this team should not be worried at all.

As far as the rest of the conference, there are aging rosters in Boston, Detroit, and Cleveland.

That will negate the rising teams. And the best case scenario of course would be for the Bulls and Heat to screw up on draft day by both passing on Beasley. Unfortunately though that probalby won't happen.