• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

J. O'Neal to Toronto

lifelong

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, can you imagine a Bulls squad with Chandler, Brand, Ron Ron, Deng/Gordon and Rose. They would need an additional scorer to two off the bench (Gibson?), but damn.

This is why you don't trade your young talent for aging veterans or for players with equal or lesser talent especially when it looks as though your current team is finally developing good chemistry!

I think last I checked, San Antonio is the only championship team that was a championship team by virtue of picks that they made. Everybody else traded to get to the championship.

Young talent alone usually don't take you anywhere.

Where would we be had we not traded Diaw for JJ?

This is why you consider every trade!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, can you imagine a Bulls squad with Chandler, Brand, Ron Ron, Deng/Gordon and Rose. They would need an additional scorer to two off the bench (Gibson?), but damn.

This is why you don't trade your young talent for aging veterans or for players with equal or lesser talent especially when it looks as though your current team is finally developing good chemistry!

I think last I checked, San Antonio is the only championship team that was a championship team by virtue of picks that they made. Everybody else traded to get to the championship.

Young talent alone usually don't take you anywhere.

Where would we be had we not traded Diaw for JJ?

This is why you consider every trade!!

The real point is that every single championship team, with the exception of the Pistons, for the past two plus decades had one of the 5 best players currently in the NBA leading them.

So, if the Hawks are going to win a championship they need one of the 5 best players in the NBA. Is anyone on the current roster capable of becoming a top 5 player in the league?

I understand your position.

But if we trade Tex at the deadline, we're throwing in the towel on the season.

Who would protect Chipper?

Better to hope that Tex's bat comes around. We don't need him to lead, we need him to hit.