• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What could the Hawks get for Marvin/Bibby?

Plainview1981

What would be the value of these two guys in a trade? Perhaps the Hawks could ship off Bibby and Marvin and sign a guy like Chris Duhon to play PG. Either get a SF or move JJ to the 3 spot and get another SG. You can't count on Bibby's shooting, and you need to have more than one guy that has good range on his shot and Marvin don't have it... Smoove doesn't have it either.

If you have limited guys that can shoot, it makes it easier for the other team. Bibby's shooting is far too shanky now to expect him to get it done on a nightly basis. As we have seen, he will shoot really well once out of every 3 or 4 games and that's not going to cut it.

Carmelo Anthony

I just did it on trade checker. 3 team trade. Send

Marvin to Denver

Bibby to L.A. Lakers

Lakers send Odom to Denver

Our Lineup

Law

JJ

Melo

Smoove

Horford

We improve our talent and star power. We basically would put our big 3 against everyone elses. We would be no different defensively but would be a scoring and running machine. We'd put a charge back into Phillips. We could sprinkle in a Eddie House and Diopstiff for some flavoring and we look like a top 3 team in the East

L.A gets to get rid of Odom and his contract, and actually get an upgrade a point since Bibby is a better offensive weapon than Fisher is at this point in his career

Denver gets a pretty good front line out of it by having Marvin, Odom and Camby. They probably would mesh better with A.I. than Carmelo.

Brilliant!

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

• Premium Member

That would be an amazing trade for us JohnnyBravo. However, do you seriously think this trade would ever get done? There are too many reason why I highly doubt that this could ever happen:

1. I thought Denver just stated that Carmelo wasn't going anywhere??

2. I'm sure that even if Denver were willing to trade him they would want more than Lamar Odom and Marvin out of it... They would ask for a legit star in return (Someone of Paul Pierce's value).

3. I highly, highly doubt that the Lakers would want Bibby for Odom... I mean, Cap relief? Why do they want Cap relief? They are trying to win a championship and having Bibby run the point for one year just doesn't get them anywhere closer to achieving that.

That's probably the best trade I've seen on this board, that works for every team. If Denver got back Odom and Marvin, they'd probably do this in a heartbeat. Melo instantly makes us better, no doubt about that.

The wildcard are the Lakers, because while they'd gain Bibby, the deal only works if Bynum can come back at full strength and play like he did before he got hurt. If push came to shove, they could trot out a Bibby - Fisher - Bryant backcourt. Fisher is good enough defensively to guard 2s and kobe can guard the 3.

Plus, with Bibby's contract coming off the books at the end of the season, that would entice them as well.

Quote:

2. I'm sure that even if Denver were willing to trade him they would want more than Lamar Odom and Marvin out of it... They would ask for a legit star in return (Someone of Paul Pierce's value).

We all know that Melo probably isn't going anywhere. But to gain a borderline star in Odom, and a nice young player in Marvin, would be enough to get Melo out of there if they were really tired of him.

Iverson

JR Smith

Marvin

Odom

Camby

I guarantee you that GMs around the league don't think that Marvin is some garbage player, like some think on this board.

• Premium Member

What I don't get is the double logic at work with Odom in this trade.

First we are assuming he is garbage and that the Lakers are dying to get rid of him... Then conversely we assume Denver views him as some sort of borderline star?

If Odom's value is so low that the Lakers are basically willing to give him away for cap space, how does this trade work for Denver???

the truth is that If you're Denver and you are trading a guy who averaged 30 points a game a year ago (before the AI trade) you better be DAMN sure that you are getting a bona fide star in return... neither Odom nor Marvin really provides that... On the other hand, if you are the laker's and you trade Odom what you are looking for, at least, equal value... and Bibby/cap space is not equal value.

I think the Michale Redd/ Richard Jefferson scenarios are more realistic because.

1. They aren't as good as Carmelo

2. Milwaukee and New Jersey are both looking to rebuild, and thus cap space IS much more valuable to them then it is to the Nuggets/Lakers.

To be honest I would seriously consider Marvin + Bibby if I was New Jersey (maybe I'd ask for a future draft pick also)... What you are getting is a young player who is still in his rookie contract who has a shot at being very good... plus a ton of cap space to go after Lebron.

I mean, worst case scenario for them is the following: They get rid of Richard Jefferson and Marvin doesn't progress... they get a high draft pick the following year, resign Marvin at an affordable price and have a ton of cap space to make a run at Lebron... I think it would be a very good move for both teams.

Quote:

I really think we should be going after Michael Redd or Richard Jefferson... Both of these players are All Star caliber talents that are currently on teams that are looking to rebuild. I'm sure that with enough savvy one of those can be had.

I thought the same thing...maybe new jersey takes marvin for jefferson straight up? marvin still has potential and jefferson is already there although has had some injuries...

i would love michael redd at the 2 with JJ at the 3. with the bucks roster, i'm sure we could get some package together where we offer marvin williams...

With Pau, Odom has become a luxury that could be traded. Bibby wouldn't merely be a salary dump, he'd make them a better team and has played most of his career in the WC. Marvin and Odom for Carmelo is basically as good a trade as the Lakers got for Shaq. The nuggets would be instantly better on D and would have a pretty dynamic frontline.

I want to see if Bibby can be healthy. I think a healthy Bibby would help us big time. Maybe this is a pipe dream, maybe he will alwyas have nagging injuries and is breaking down. I dont know but lets see. Now if the deal is sweet then lets move him but we need a real pg not Chris Duhon.

I'd do that deal right now. Imagine a lineup with:

Horford

Smoove

Odom

JJ

Acie

with

Marvin

Chillz

Zaza

off the bench. That team would be a NIGHTMARE to matchup with all night long. We would be incredibly long and athletic. All we would need is to entice a veteran PG to come down here and teach Acie the ropes. There is no guarantee that Cassell is going to be resigned in Boston and there may be some other low cost options as well. If we had to, we could look to deal Marvin or Chillz for a PG but I would prefer to keep them both if Acie can handle the starter's role.

Note - Forgot to add that I would be okay with trading Odom/Marvin for Melo. Melo and JJ would be an offensive duo to be reckoned with for a LONG time. Still can't see LA taking Bibby for Odom though.

Even healthy he is going to be a terrible defensive player and to win road games you need to be able to play defense. We saw what happens when you play bad defense and you go and play teams like Indy on the road. The Hawks haven't be strong at the defensive end at the PG spot in years.

Bibby was the weaknest link against Boston and I fail to see how it will be different next year. He has proven the last 2 or 3 years that he is not even an explosive scorer anymore. C'mon 12PPG on 40% shooting is not going to get it done and his shooting has dropped off almost every single year for the last 5 years.

He isn't very good at this stage of his career. That's one reason why the Kings shipped him off for almost nothing.

Marvin Williams

Speedy Claxton

Solomon Jones

for

Richard Jefferson

works cap wise....

Gives NJ a lot more cap flexibility in 2 years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let Acie Law come off the bench til February when we trade Bibby.

No way goes for that. Marvin is not enough to land RJ. I'd like to unload Bibby and sign Duhon. I know Chris isn't a great offensive player, but in minutes he can match Bibby assist wise and play alot better defense. I like the idea of getting Redd.

I could deal with Duhon, Redd, JJ, Smoove, Al. And add Kwame cheap for defense off the bench.

Both Duhon and Bibby are about 35% 3pt shooters and it's not like Bibby's game outside of 3's is that good anyway.

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Atlanta and Milwaukee being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Milwaukee had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID

Trade ID #4684415

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

Incoming Players

Michael Redd

6-6 SG from Ohio State

No games yet played in 2007/08

Dan Gadzuric

6-11 C from UCLA

Outgoing Players

Mike Bibby

6-2 PG from Arizona

Marvin Williams

6-8 SF / SF from North Carolina

Solomon Jones

6-10 PF from South Florida

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams, Soloman Jones for Redd and Dan Gadzuric. They never play Dan, so they might give him up. He was very productive on the boards for them a few years ago and can play backup center.

Acie/?maybe Lue or Eddie House

Redd/K.Weaver

JJ/chillz

Smoove/ZaZa

Horford/Gadzuric

If you could get the Bucks to throw in pick 37 then we could draft Kyle Weaver. A tough,athletic defender from Washington State.

Thats not bad at all.

My proposal would be:

Marvin and ZaZa for Artest

Bibby for Camby and Atkins

Law/Atkins

JJ/Salim?Richardson?

Artest/Chillz/West

Smoove/Solo

Horford/Camby