• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Roy Hibbert, did he not want to play here?

Brotha2ThaNite

I thought I read that he went back to school because he did not want to play for the Hawks?

I hope that is not true because he is looking VERY stupid right now.

I wonder did any of the HOF Centers from George Town asked him to comeback for his senior year.... If I'm him when I get picked I'm calling out everyone who said the best thing for me would be to stay in school mad.gif

Quote:

But he'll make it up in the long run. He got better and matured and is more ready. Instead of sitting on the bench. He should be around for years.

I disagree. I don't think Hibbert has the ability to make it up in the long run. I don't know if he really got better, but he sure did mature, but he was as ready as he was last year than he ever will be. I don't think Hibbert will ever be anything in the league other than a solid bench player. I think that's his potential right now. Personally, I don't even know what's so great about him that will make him worth the money that we would need to spend to get him now.

Quote:

But he'll make it up in the long run. He got better and matured and is more ready. Instead of sitting on the bench. He should be around for years.

Hibbert got better? In this draft last year, he would have been the #1 pick easily. He KILLED himself by being worse. Coming back cost him millions.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert got better? In this draft last year, he would have been the #1 pick easily. He KILLED himself by being worse. Coming back cost him millions.

Well due to the rookie contract salary restrictions, I think what you get payed in your second contract is what really makes the big difference (look at Smoove).

It certainly seems like a mistake right now for Hiibbert... He still has a chance to make amends though.