• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was Stephen A Smith worthless last night?

NJHAWK

Sorry I forgot to comment on this last night but was he worthless or what. He asked the same stupid ayss questions to every player. If they played like 2 minutes of point in college he asked them if they could be a point in the nba. He asked all of them " what does ' insert player name' do for ' insert team'. I dont know what he was paid for that last night but Joan Rivers could have done better.

your gonna get lots of people on here thats gonna say stuff like "good ridance we need less of him as possible" and "i cant stand stephen a smith" garbage but let me say the truth before you get people on here just to say that.

the miamiherald said that espn demoted him to do interviews. i was looking at the 2008 hecking video on youtube and he seemed VERY depressed. you can tell he didnt wanna do know damn interviews. you can tell that espn doesnt like stephen a smith anymore. they took away his tv show(i actually liked that show), his radio show and are starting to use less of him.

i actually like stephen a smith.

He was demoted because he has been inacurant in his analysist , mainly because of his draft night predictions and thoughts on the draft . mainly of dwight howard over okufar and the portland trailblazer. he was also wrong on the denver nuggets going to the finals but i dont blame that prediction because many thought at that time the duo of iverson and carmello would make the nuggets a contender...but we all was wrong.

by the end of the year, i expect hiim to be fired or to quit from espn and but then be hired 2-4 years later back by espn because of the blandness of espn commentators. they need to go back and start using more tim legler, gregg anthony (both tim and leglar was demoted also) and stephen a smith. i like van gundy to but only when he is doing a game. no comment on marc jackson and stuart scott.

Quote:

Sorry I forgot to comment on this last night but was he worthless or what. He asked the same stupid ayss questions to every player. If they played like 2 minutes of point in college he asked them if they could be a point in the nba. He asked all of them " what does ' insert player name' do for ' insert team'. I dont know what he was paid for that last night but Joan Rivers could have done better.

What were the questions that you would of asked 60+ rookies?

It's almost unwatchable. They have tried to emphasize the side show antics, and the coverage lacks quality analysis.

The draft coverage was much better on TNT when Ernie Johnson was the commentator, Hubie Brown was the analyst, and Craig Sager did the interviews. I can stomach Peter Vescey a lot more than I can stomach Screaming A Smith.

• Premium Member

I'll be honest, the draft was boring without SAS being at the front. I don't like his screaming, however, I do like the fact that he brings an edge to the programming. I was bored watching the draft. Moreover, why didn't anybody picked in the teens come?

ESPN is dropping the ball. You don't put SAS in front of a camera because he's the most well versed prognosticator in the land. Just like you don't put Overman & Mayne in front of the camera and expect them not to be funny. If you want to start demoting bad prognosticators... What about Jay Bilas and Kirk Herbstreet and Mark Jackson?

You know the only thing that made me interested in the draft the other night was when they were trying to have conversation back and fourth and they talked about what Del Negro has to do day one as the coach of the Chicago Bulls.. and Mark Jackson went on this long spill about taking over the lockerroom.. blah blah blah... Then MY BOY JVG chimed in and said "speaking as someone who has coached in this league...." I almost stood up. But that was it. The rest of the draft was like watching The View. Somebody take SAS off of punishment.