• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tweeners on the Team

mattlanta

None of these is really that mysterious to me. Marvin might actually be more of a tweener than Chillz, despite his heavier build. If he improved his shooting and ball handling, he could be a large 2 in the mold of Kevin Durant.

I think everyone would agree that Horford is a PF...despite that, he played well over league average as a center. While it would be nice to see him get more opportunity to perform at his natural position, I'm more than happy to leave him at center for us as long as we have Josh Smith to play the PF.

Let's see...

Salim: A Shooting Guard--although a very undersized one. Since he doesn't play good D, has not shot the lights out of the ball consistently in the NBA, is very undersized, and doesnt do much else, he probably won't last much longer in the league. Dude is not a point guard...his distributing ability and assist/turnover ratio prove it.

J Chill: Probably a Small Forward. He really needs space to get his shot off and doesnt behave like a traditional Shooting Guard would. Chill moves without the ball quite well and would not handle the ball nearly as much as a traditional SG would if he were a starter. I'd say he's definitely a SF.

Smoove: He is a PF in a SF's body. I'm not yet convinced that he could play as a traditional 3. He does a lot of good work inside and doesnt have much of a long range game (as any SF should). He is strong enough to cause mismatch problems for PFs, but doesnt have the long range jump shot or perimeter skills to play a traditional 3 at a high level.

Horford: Our Center in a Power Forward body. He possesses a lot of core strength and plays an inside game. He has good mid range skills, but isnt the banger or defensive stopper that most Centers not name Okur or Kaman are--yet. However, he showed great promise, while undersized, at the 5 this previous season and will only get stronger, wiser, and accumulate more experience. It's hard not to like a double-double rookie at the 5. I think he will be a better fit at the 4, but as long as Smith is here and starting, I wont complain to see Horf back at the 5--as long as we get a FA defensive big man to come off the bench.