• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should seriously consider keeping J. Smoove

JTB

I hear alot of talk saying we should trade Smith and I'm very surprised, Smith is one of our top defenders and best players on the team. We shouldnt trade away something good we have. I know the Lamarcus Aldrige trade sounds good but do you reall think portland is going to trade him for smith. What we as true ATL Hawk fans should be doing is hoping to sign both Joshes back this offseason and just building on what we got. Lets remember smith is playing out of position as well as horford, with that being said we need to get a center that can help horford in our post with primarily defense and rebounding, but we dont just give up a player like smith atleast not right now. ATL have some faith, hell this team took the outstanding Boston Celtics to 7 games and no one thought they could do it, but I do remember reading off of AJC.com that smith promised that Atlanta wasnt going to let down or get swept. Here's what our lineup should look like this upcoming season:

5-?(someone with good d/size and decent rebounding)

4-Horford(original position)

3-J. Smoove(original position)

2-J. Johnson

1-M.Bibby(just for those who dont know Woodson said bibby doesnt know his playbook like he wants him to know it so expect way better play for our backcourt.)

i think (or hope) most of the trade talk about smith is just for the sake of having something to talk about seeing how we didn't have the draft to talk about. smith isn't going anywhere, not yet at least. for us to trade smith we would have to get back a star. not a potential star because that is what smith is. not a boarder line star because smith is that also.

I'm confused does anyone know how exactly how the hawks can sign both joshes back ?

I asked cause I hear that we cant release claxton and I thought that was the only way we could get them back. Can anyone explain the process to me cause I know we dont have the money.

Quote:

I'm confused does anyone know how exactly how the hawks can sign both joshes back ?

I asked cause I hear that we cant release claxton and I thought that was the only way we could get them back. Can anyone explain the process to me cause I know we dont have the money.

We're not releasing Claxton. If we do, we'll have less chances of even signing the Joshes because we'll have to pay him straight up I believe.

Smoov is naturally a power forward. He lacks the consistency in his jumpshot to be considered a 'natural' small forward.

If we keep Smith (in which we probably will), we need to bring in another big man to also bring depth to our team. Our core of players should be the same next year hopefully with Childress back. You know, Bibby, JJ, Marv, Smoov, Horf. And Chillz coming off the bench. Most likely we will see more minutes from the other bench players such as Pachulia, Law, etc. Our main priorities should be resigning the Joshes and then bring some depth in the bench.

Quote:

Quote:

We're not releasing Claxton. If we do, we'll have less chances of even signing the Joshes because we'll have to pay him straight up I believe.

Smoov is naturally a power forward. He lacks the consistency in his jumpshot to be considered a 'natural' small forward.

If we keep Smith (in which we probably will), we need to bring in another big man to also bring depth to our team. Our core of players should be the same next year hopefully with Childress back. You know, Bibby, JJ, Marv, Smoov, Horf. And Chillz coming off the bench. Most likely we will see more minutes from the other bench players such as Pachulia, Law, etc. Our main priorities should be resigning the Joshes and then bring some depth in the bench.

thats true about Smith but he's only 22 and he can get better at his jumpshooting. Kobe didnt have a jumper when he first came in the nba but look at him now....mvp material I still say we put him at sf and get a real C

Diop is free agent with New Jersey and they are trying to release cap room. Diop is kind of soft but he is a decent center. Al can move to PF. Maybe Josh Smith will take less money to stay at home and keep the core together if the new deal is lanced with positive and peformance clauses. We also need to get bigger an meaner.

Quote:

thats true about Smith but he's only 22 and he can get better at his jumpshooting. Kobe didnt have a jumper when he first came in the nba but look at him now....mvp material I still say we put him at sf and get a real C

Smith's Effective FG% on his jumpshot in his 4 years in the league:

Rookie: 28%

2nd yr: 37%

3rd yr: 31%

4th yr: 31%

( remember, in the eFG%, a made 3-pointer counts as 1.5 FG )

The guys that are great shooters around the league, will have an eFG above 50%.

Your good shooters will be between 45% - 50%

Your average shooters will be between 40% - 45%

Your bad shooters will be between 35% - 40%

Your horrible shooters will be under 35%

The fact is that Smith is one of THE WORST jumpshooters in the league . . period. Even if he improves to his 2nd year level, he's still going to be a bad jumpshooter.

He's as good as he is right now, because he's playing the 4, and he's taking people off the dribble more often. Because of that, he's also drawing more fouls and getting to the FT line.

I just cringe everytime someone mentions anything about Smith playing the 3.

I'd rather for him to play center, than small forward.

Quote:

Diop is free agent with New Jersey and they are trying to release cap room. Diop is kind of soft but he is a decent center. Al can move to PF. Maybe Josh Smith will take less money to stay at home and keep the core together if the new deal is lanced with positive and peformance clauses. We also need to get bigger an meaner.

Man come on with the Diop crap. HE IS A STIFF! He is so bad that the Nets who NEED a center don't even want him there. He sucks. Why can't this board see that! Jeez

• Premium Member

I agree, Diop is terrible. He'd be a decent backup for 15 minutes and that's it. Paying upwards of 3-4 mil for him would hurt, because we desperately need offense and he doesn't help that at all. We also need more interior D, but I think we need offense more. I'd rather have Kwame personally if we're going for a cheap backup big.