• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Elton Brand key to Hawks' summer.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Just my two cents, but:

1. If Elton Brand doesn't opt out, the Sixers will pursue a trade with the Clippers. If he does opt out, they're going all-in for him.

2. If that doesn't work, then they're going all-in for Josh Smith.

We'll know soon just how much this will cost Atlanta...but I'm not expecting Brand to be anywhere else but L.A. in November.

I definitely agree with that but I'd be shocked if Brand opts out. He seems like the type of guy to honor his contract and I think he sees some potential on the Clippers, if they can stay healthy. A front line of Thornton, Brand, and Kaman is among the best in the league and if they can keep Maggette and find a PG they would still be plenty young andn talented enough.

Can you see a situation where Brand opts out and makes more than 16.4 million next year? Will his value decrease so much over the next year if he doesn't opt out that it costs him more in the long run?

Quote:

A dark horse for Philly could be Biedrins. Him and Monta are restricted, hopefully someone offers Monta an inflated contract and GS matches.

I don't see how Biedrins is a good fit for the Sixers - they need someone who can score in the post and Biedrins doesn't appear to be that guy.