• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is the max another team can offer Smoove?

Admin

The issue really is who can offer Smith 14 mil the first year? The only teams that I can see that can do that are Atlanta, Memphis and possibly the Clippers if they renounce Brand and Magette. I suppose the 76ers could clear some cap and get another 3 million, but since they only have 11 million in cap-space, I don't believe that they can offer more than that (assuming the pro-rated signing bonus keeps them within that cap number).

I forgot about GS; so, yes they are probably the biggest threat right now. However, they need a PG in the worst way. The Arenas deal they are dangling might really help us out. That cap space is kept tied up once/if they make the official offer next week.

You know we could offer Bibby to GS for a combo of players including Ellis and maybe Harrington. Al would be that scoring big we need off the bench. Ellis gives us shooting and can play some PG, esp with JJ. Just a random thought.

Quote:

I forgot about GS; so, yes they are probably the biggest threat right now. However, they need a PG in the worst way. The Arenas deal they are dangling might really help us out. That cap space is kept tied up once/if they make the official offer next week.

I doubt that GS would be interested in Smoove as they've got Wright at the PF spot and I don't see Smoove as a SF. Their main focus should be a PG and don't think Bibby would be a the guy they'd want.

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't see either Memphis or GS being interested. Neither team is playoff team in the near future, so why not wait one year when there will be better players on the landscape.

Plus, Golden State drafted two young lottery PFs the last two years so they would be killing their own investments by bringing in Smith.