• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diop back to the Mavs for 6 mill a year

NJHAWK

Guest Walter

Quote:

I can EASILY see Chillz getting a 5 yr/$42M deal starting at $7M a season and a 5 yr/$45M deal starting at $7.5M a season is certainly not far-fetched.

Which is insulting frankly. I just don't understand why people like Dolfan want to continue insisting "we" made the right move in "our" offer to Josh Smith when even Childress could get offered that kind of money.

W

I think we could place Chill on the floor with someone else's skills, but I think it would be a psychological loss for him not to return given he's a core member.

I think Dallas did the league a disservice by giving Diop that contract. Sets the bar high for other signings?

Guest Walter

Quote:

with all of the personality issues with Smith in the previous year, i thought the 5yr/$45 million offer was reasonable at the time

The contract was supposed to reflect the JS of today. You have to be able to look forward and JS's passion, work ethic, and ever increasing production demanded a higher offer from us if our intent was to actually sign him and avoid the FA rush that so many here poo-pooed saying no such thing would ever happen.

Also, the worse "personality issues" are with MW. I LOVE a player that wants to win so much he gets angry and feel like that intensity can be MUCH more easily channeled. I hate the absence of intensity from MW and feel you can't cannel what isn't there.

W