• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Blurb on Smoove's Visit To Philly

Traceman

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/v...0p.asp?ID=66953

Quote:

"Everything is going good. He's enjoying his time here," said Smith's agent, Wallace Prowther. "They seem to like him. They seem to be genuine."

Quote:

Smith and his agents met with the Hawks on Tuesday. Prowther said other visits where scheduled, but declined to name the teams.

• Premium Member

Quote:

"They seem to like him. They seem to be genuine."

Not to read too much into this, but does this suggest that either he expected them to not be genuine or maybe the hawks didn't seem genuine?

Quote:

Quote:

Not to read too much into this, but does this suggest that either he expected them to not be genuine or maybe the hawks didn't seem genuine?

What it means to me is that they didn't actually make him an offer.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What it means to me is that they didn't actually make him an offer.

Yeah, it goes on to say that other teams are still going to talk to him.

"They seem to like him".

Sounds like they talked but ultimately that's all they did... talk. "Seem" is an assumptive word, I guess an offer would have removed any need to "assume" that they like him.

I wonder if they gave him a basketball quiz...

When you grab the defensive rebound, do you...

A. Outlet to Andre Miller and fill one of the wings with Iggy on the other wing to give us a dynamic fast break opportunity.

B. Outlet to Iggy or Thad Young who are streaking up the sidelines before the defense gets set.

C. Dribble the ball up the court and have flashbacks of watching Magic Johnson when you were still bouncing on your Daddy's knee, which results in a wasteful turnover.

Either A or B would have resulted in a $65M contract offer. So he must have given them the other answer... now he flys to another team. Darn multiple choice questions.

indicates the Sixers were caught completely offguard by the recent free agent events. He suggested the Sixers were going to take a slow approach to the free agency period and would feel out the free agent field before making offers. He said they are now somewhat in scramble mode about what to do next due the Clipper and Warriors situation. I made the assumption from his report that the earlier reports about the Sixers readiness to make Smith an offer were inaccurate.

• Premium Member

If other visits are scheduled, they'd better hurry up. They've got tomorrow, and next Monday.

nod.gif

Smith's next stop is Atlanta. Here's to hoping his agent will report the Sixers' proposal, and then let the Hawks match it without all this hoopla.

I could be wrong but the silence out of the philly press tonight makes me give more weight to the credibility of Sheridan's report. All we heard from the rumor mill was how philly was going to make an huge quick strike contract offer to Smoove. Maybe they have and Smoove's agents and Philly ownership have done a good job keeping the contract numbers quiet. However, I suspect if Philly had made a firm contract offer the numbers would have slipped out somehow by now.

• Premium Member

The "insider" on the Philly RealGM board (he has some credibility based on past rumors) says there's nothing to report other than this:

Quote:

We can offer Smith 5 years at 66 mill and change.....thats our plan.....but its no given he signs it..GSW can offer more.

My understanding is..we have to wait til the 9th for him to sign it..and another week for an answer if he does sign it

Quote:

I could be wrong but the silence out of the philly press tonight makes me give more weight to the credibility of Sheridan's report. All we heard from the rumor mill was how philly was going to make an huge quick strike contract offer to Smoove. Maybe they have and Smoove's agents and Philly ownership have done a good job keeping the contract numbers quiet. However, I suspect if Philly had made a firm contract offer the numbers would have slipped out somehow by now.

Not according to the Sixers beat writer on the radio this afternoon....He seems to think there will be an offer before Smoove leaves here tomorrow...but that other suitors, will make this more difficult.

After the Braves/Phillies game, the opener to Sportsnite on Comcast Philly was a big montage of Josh dunking, followed by the lead-in, and interviews with JS. It was THE story, even over the Phils win. I was a little shocked by that. Unfortunately I was at a bar and couldn't hear a thing.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sounds to me like that had a good discussion and made a pitch but no offer was made.

I guarantee they told him what they'd give him. And I guarantee they will make an offer. There is no reason to release what they're going to offer a week before he can even sign the offer sheet, then it gives ATL even longer to think about it.

Quote:

So the fireworks could come before the 4th of July?

I don't see phiily being subtle.

We have seen offers reportedly made to Arenas, Jamison, Davis and Brand but nothing for Smith. Philly may be waiting to see how things shake out between GS and LAC before doing anything.