• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Worst Hawks coach.

Diesel

Quote:

Shouldn't you swap Wilkins for Stotts? Wilkins wasn't that bad, was he? I mean, I'm young and didn't watch much 90s ball but I didn't think he was that bad. Stotts did two things-lose, and lose well, that I remember.

Lenny was not a bad HC at all. He did some strange things at times, but he won with essentially 4 NBA starters and some scrubs. The worst thing about Wilkins was that he helped push Nique out of the franchise. Wilkins didn't believe in the NBA star system, so he pushed for trading Nique.

There is a lot that could be said about those 90s teams, but I think the best thing that could be said was that the team played terrific team basketball and great defense. They should have probably gotten out of the second round though.

Kruger by far. Stotts needs to be given some slack but how can you really blame a coach when he has nothing to work with thanks alot Babs. Atleast BK could get one right every other pick (Horfod,Smoove) but did blow some (Shelden granite the only player to even come out of that draft was Aldridge,Roy and Rondo) and I don't even have to mention the Marvin Williams debacle but everyone and their mommas was on this kid when he came out of UNC.

Quote:

Kruger by far. Stotts needs to be given some slack but how can you really blame a coach when he has nothing to work with thanks alot Babs. Atleast BK could get one right every other pick (Horfod,Smoove) but did blow some (Shelden granite the only player to even come out of that draft was Aldridge,Roy and Rondo) and I don't even have to mention the Marvin Williams debacle but everyone and their mommas was on this kid when he came out of UNC.

I went with Lon as well. Another 30something win season and I may change that. How could anyone vote for Lenny? He was one of the most consistantly winning coaches this franchise has ever had. In fact, had that team been playing in a Jordanless era we might have actualy made it to the Finals at least once.

He was TERRIBLE! Lord knows Woody has his faults but he is John Wooden compared to Weiss. As for Lon, I really liked him as a person but I agree that his philosophy/scheme just wasn't a good fit for the pro game. Still, I'd take him over Weiss in a heartbeat.

I went with Weiss, I think, but now that I've had some time to stew over this I probably would go with Kruger, like many of you. I just look at some of the guys we had on those teams and we couldn't even MAKE the playoffs-and those guys have gone on to other places with varying amounts of success. And the team was such a mess back then that it was completely unwatchable. And the whole "Playoff Guarantee" fiasco, to attempt to get fans interested. Bleh. It was so bad that we decided that a 4 year rebuilding process was preferably to keeping up that trend.

One thing about the Hawks recently, even during that 13 win season-at least they've been entertaining. Basketball, like all sports, is an entertainment industry. I was barely keeping up with the Hawks at all from 1999 until 2004, but now they're a compelling team that produces some highlight material.

• Moderators

Quote:

With 56 votes in, Woody is leading?

Wow!?

I voted for Kruger and Weiss would have been my #2 choice. I think this just reflects the near total dissatisfication with Woodson's performance to date.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Wow!?

I voted for Kruger and Weiss would have been my #2 choice. I think this just reflects the near total dissatisfication with Woodson's performance to date.

I think that many of the voters were not around for the Kruger or Weiss years. For if they were..... Woodson looks like Wooden next to those clowns. Then again, you got Ex, Truesite, tontoz, Basketballguy voting 7 times.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wow!?

I think that many of the voters were not around for the Kruger or Weiss years. For if they were..... Woodson looks like Wooden next to those clowns. Then again, you got Ex, Truesite, tontoz, Basketballguy voting 7 times.

Huh? I looked at it but didn't vote 7 times... but yes, I did vote Woody... I still can't believe he's still employed with us... Not to mention, that could be the kicker of why Smoove may be gone... That's my opinion... You got a problem with it?