• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you trade Bibby and Speedy 4 Marbury?

NJHAWK

Dont shoot me but we would dump Speedy a year early which could help us keep Marv. I like Bibby if healthy but wouldnt Marbury give us more? So with news coming out that Marbury and the Knicks are doen would you do this deal?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dont shoot me but we would dump Speedy a year early which could help us keep Marv. I like Bibby if healthy but wouldnt Marbury give us more? So with news coming out that Marbury and the Knicks are doen would you do this deal?

Doesn't Marbury cost about $20 mil a year?

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't Marbury cost about $20 mil a year?

Yes but only for this season and then he comes off the books. Bibby only has 1 year at 15 mill but Speedy has 2 years left at over 5 mill each year. What this trade does is get Speedy off our books a year early and it would help us to keep Marv.

Quote:

He's not productive nor is he the type of veteran this team needs.

He is productive but he is selfish and I cant argue the part about him not being a veteran this team needs.

no not unless a 1st round draft pick comes along with him..Marbury has skills but he just aint a point guard..he's forced to play that position because of his height but he's really a SG in a PG's body. Bibby is a better PG than Marbury but isnt more talented than him. I would go with Bibby

• Premium Member

If we couldn't get anything else significant in a package involving Bibby, than I'd probably do it at the deadline if the Hawks weren't playing very well, that way, we rent him for 1/3 of the season and lose Speedy.

Otherwise, I think Bibby could be used in a package with Marvin or someone else and get us a much better return.

• Premium Member

I thought that Marbury's playing days are over... Although I read rumbles out of Phoenix that they might consider bringing him in to BU Nash. However, they're also looking at Lue and AJ.