• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If smith leaves we should S&T for Lamarcus A.

JTB

Hopefully J. Smoove stays but if he doesnt we should immediately trade for Lamarcus Aldrige he would be a great pickup. Also if smith is offered something we dont want to match dont we have the right to sign and trade him during the 7 days we have to match his contract?

this would be our lineup:

pg-bibby

sg-johnson

sf-williams

pf-horford

c-lamarcus aldrigre

This sounds great to me if smith doesnt get resigned.

ATL holla at cha boy and tell me whatcha think?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hopefully J. Smoove stays but if he doesnt we should immediately trade for Lamarcus Aldrige he would be a great pickup.
Also if smith is offered something we dont want to match dont we have the right to sign and trade him during the 7 days we have to match his contract?

pg-bibby

sg-johnson

sf-williams

pf-horford

c-lamarcus aldrigre

If smith doesn't sign a contract with the hawks then who are we trade to get Aldridge?

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully J. Smoove stays but if he doesnt we should immediately trade for Lamarcus Aldrige he would be a great pickup.
Also if smith is offered something we dont want to match dont we have the right to sign and trade him during the 7 days we have to match his contract?

pg-bibby

sg-johnson

sf-williams

pf-horford

c-lamarcus aldrigre

If smith doesn't sign a contract with the hawks then who are we trade to get Aldridge?

not quite understanding what you're asking , but all im saying is that aldrige would be a good trade for smith if asg doesnt want to match an offer for him. Not trying to get rid of j. smoove but aldrige is just a great trade for him and we possibly might win more games next season with aldrige presence on the team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

How do you propose that we get LA???

hell we most likely wont but it wouldnt hurt to try if we did have to trade smoove. LA isnt a bad player to try to trade for.

What he's saying is that in order to go after Aldridge (who's under contract with PTL) we have to come up with someone who PTL wants. IF PTL is sold on an Oden/ALdridge/Outlaw frontcourt, then there's no way that we can get him... But they also have Channing Frye, Joel Pryzibillia, and LaFrentz who are definitely on the blocks.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How do you propose that we get LA???

hell we most likely wont but it wouldnt hurt to try if we did have to trade smoove. LA isnt a bad player to try to trade for.

Who are we going to trade to get him???

all im trying to say is that if a certain situation comes up and asg decides to trade smith we should go after aldrige. Though i understand that they may like their frontcourt but they also may like a outlaw,smith, oden frontcourt as well. I know it sounds to u that this will probably not happen but it could. (Smith for aldrige)

• Premium Member

Oh. OK.

Well, what you're talking about would require us SNT Smoove for ALdridge and Lafrentz for instance.

There's one other thing that's a problem here.

Once we sign Smoove, he becomes BYC. Because we're paying him way more than he was making before, we get penalized in what we can take back in trade for him. Even on a SNT. So if we SNT Smoove, we can only take back 1/2 of his salary. Aldridge would fit in that (I think) however, the question is can PTL take 11.5 Million for 6 million. They would have to be 5.5 Million under the cap. It might be doable.. but we have to wait til July 9th to see!

Quote:

Oh. OK.

Well, what you're talking about would require us SNT Smoove for ALdridge and Lafrentz for instance.

There's one other thing that's a problem here.

Once we sign Smoove, he becomes BYC. Because we're paying him way more than he was making before, we get penalized in what we can take back in trade for him. Even on a SNT. So if we SNT Smoove, we can only take back 1/2 of his salary. Aldridge would fit in that (I think) however, the question is can PTL take 11.5 Million for 6 million. They would have to be 5.5 Million under the cap. It might be doable.. but we have to wait til July 9th to see!

Thats well explained about time someone got what i was talking about. That is a good idea i would like to actually see this happen, which is a surprise from me considering how much i like j. smoove.

Quote:

It's kinda hard to figure out what you're talking about when you say "When Smith
leaves
, we should sign and trade for Lamarcus A."

I said if not when. Of course I want smith to come back.

Quote:

How do we do that exactly since their salaries would have to match. I swear we need a salary cap tutorial on this board.

I explained how we would do it already on another thread.