• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In the meantime … (Sekou blog- Acie,Summer League(

Cwell

• Premium Member

Quote:

On another note.Derrick Rose is looking like crap in his debut and the guy that stole the title from him (Mario Chalmers) is embarrasing him,out playing him 100%.Beasley looks pretty good though.

I thought Derrick Rose was hurt a couple days ago.

I remember thinking Beasley bruised his sternum and Rose severely sprained his ankle...

Is that not true?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the topic at hand because there are already too many threads that have been hijacked by D getting into an argument.]

There are some interesting names on the list, one or maybe two might surprise us, but more than likely they are has beens or wanna be's. But the3re is always that chance there will be a diamond in the rough. We are due a break.

D, I just don't understand how you can attack Marvin for not improving his game over the summer when you have no idea what he is or isn't doing. You have the biggest double standard when it comes to Marvin not doing anything but you have the nerve to praise Al for not doing anything to improve his game.

Quote:

D, I just don't understand how you can attack Marvin for not improving his game over the summer when you have no idea what he is or isn't doing. You have the biggest double standard when it comes to Marvin not doing anything but you have the nerve to praise Al for not doing anything to improve his game.

The best thing is to IGNORE HIM. He is not reasonable.

Quote:

Quote:

The best thing is to IGNORE HIM. He is not reasonable.

I want to hear what he has to say about it because I don't understand how someone can question one player and then have the nerve to praise another for doing the same thing.

• Premium Member

Quote:

My attack on Marvin is not based on what I suspect he's doing. My attack on Marvin was based on what he did last year and the year before!!!

Marvin has Put Very Little if any into improving...

I'm proud to hear how Acie is busting ass to get better. It's a shame that there's no sign of Marvin on the practice court with him. The same was said last year when Marvin spent his time studying and "not thinking about basketball".

• Premium Member

Q. How big of a help is being able to escape to Chapel Hill and work on things there with other pros and the people affiliated with the Tar Heels program?

A. It's the perfect set-up for me. Sean [May, the Charlotte Bobcats forward] was my roommate again this summer. And really it's just a revolving door of guys that come back there to work out with. But honestly, when the summer [school] session started I really wasn't doing too much basketball-related stuff. I'd get up at 7 and lift weights and then go to class at 9:30 and then play some later in the day after I was done studying. It wasn't until a little bit later in the summer when I caught up with [Hawks assistant coach Greg Fizdale] and he gave me some things to work on that I really started honing in on my game like that. But all of it helps. And you can always learn from somebody.

Quote:

Q. How big of a help is being able to escape to Chapel Hill and work on things there with other pros and the people affiliated with the Tar Heels program?

A. It's the perfect set-up for me. Sean [May, the Charlotte Bobcats forward] was my roommate again this summer. And really it's just a revolving door of guys that come back there to work out with. But honestly, when the summer [school] session started
I really wasn't doing too much basketball-related stuff.
I'd get up at 7 and lift weights and then go to class at 9:30 and then play some later in the day after I was done studying.
It wasn't until a little bit later in the summer when I caught up with [Hawks assistant coach Greg Fizdale] and he gave me some things to work on that I really started honing in on my game like that.
But all of it helps. And you can always learn from somebody.

Sounds exactly like what Al was doing when he was at school this summer.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What exactly does Al have to prove with the fanbase? Al came in as a rookie.. became a leader... Put up nearly a double double everynight while playing out of position.

You bringing Al into this is like giving Serena Williams the what4 for losing Wimbledon.

Quote:

Quote:

What exactly does Al have to prove with the fanbase? Al came in as a rookie.. became a leader... Put up nearly a double double everynight while playing out of position.

You bringing Al into this is like giving Serena Williams the what4 for losing Wimbledon.

Marvin nor Al have anything to prove to the Hawks fanbase. They should be looking to prove things to themselves rather than worry what fans care. Al's had a great rookie year but you cannot compare his to Marvin's because one came into the league at 18 and the other came in at 21.

D please answer this for me, how can you hate on one player and then praise another player for doing the same thing?

I'll tell you what I know of Dominique Kirk . I expect him to be very similar to Mario West in last years SL as far as hustle. In college, he was A&M's best on-ball defender. He could hit the 3 very well and basically played within the flow of the game on offense. When he decided to be an offensive force, he was. His only issue was that he would spend all of his effort on the defensive end and not assert himself on offense. I'm assuming Acie put in a good word for him to have the Hawks check him out. He's definitely a hustler at all times and has tons of heart.

Quote:

If we can't get rid of Speedy, might as well try to play him. It would be nice if he could become the 9th man in the rotation

Having Speedy back would certainly do wonders for this team. If healthy, Speedy is a great point guard to have. I think 15-20 minutes per game would be great.

Chillz, Pachulia, Claxton/Law off the bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin nor Al have anything to prove to the Hawks fanbase. They should be looking to prove things to themselves rather than worry what fans care. Al's had a great rookie year but you cannot compare his to Marvin's because one came into the league at 18 and the other came in at 21.

D please answer this for me, how can you hate on one player and then praise another player for doing the same thing?

I would say that Horf had more of an impact on the Hawks ability to win as a Rookie than Marvin did as a three year vet. Disagree??

Because this is Marvin 3rd offseason. There should be some blood and tears flowing from the Hawks practice court and it should be more than Marvin out there.

Your problem Chris...

Is you want to treat them equally...

They are not equal.

Horf came in better than Marvin.

Age really don't matter. Marvin being underaged is more reason why he should have been in the gym these past few offseasons.

Sorry Chris..

But don't make excuses for Marvin being 18 coming into the league.

If he was too young to be here, too young to know how to motivate himself to get better..

Then he should have stayed in college. PERIOD.

He decided it was time for him to come out.

What does that mean to you?

Isn't that some type of acknowledgement that he's ready??

Quote:

Williams is expected to be a top-five pick in the draft June 28, and could be the No. 1 choice.

The Charlotte Bobcats have two chances at a top-three selection in the lottery, and a source with knowledge of the team's thinking said Williams would sit atop the team's draft board if he turned pro.

Williams might have to switch positions from power forward to small forward, but he seemingly has the lateral quickness and perimeter shot to play the position.

"I don't feel like the three spot (small forward) will give me any trouble," Williams said yesterday at the news conference.

Williams said the money he earns will help his mother, Andrea Gittens, raise his two younger brothers and get medical attention for her back problem.

At Bremerton High, Williams became the first player in state history to be named to Parade Magazine's "first team" of the top 10 high-school players in the country. Martell Webster of Seattle Prep became the state's second Parade first-team member last month.

Williams never started a game at North Carolina but was valuable off the bench, averaging 11 points. In his senior season at Bremerton, he averaged 28.7 points, 15.5 rebounds and five blocks. Williams didn't have a strong supporting cast at Bremerton, and the team was 35-34 in his three seasons

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would say that Horf had more of an impact on the Hawks ability to win as a Rookie than Marvin did as a three year vet. Disagree??

Because this is Marvin 3rd offseason. There should be some blood and tears flowing from the Hawks practice court and it should be more than Marvin out there.

Your problem Chris...

Is you want to treat them equally...

They are not equal.

Horf came in better than Marvin.

Age really don't matter. Marvin being underaged is more reason why he should have been in the gym these past few offseasons.

Sorry Chris..

But don't make excuses for Marvin being 18 coming into the league.

If he was too young to be here, too young to know how to motivate himself to get better..

Then he should have stayed in college. PERIOD.

He decided it was time for him to come out.

What does that mean to you?

Isn't that some type of acknowledgement that he's ready??

Quote:

Williams is expected to be a top-five pick in the draft June 28, and could be the No. 1 choice.

The Charlotte Bobcats have two chances at a top-three selection in the lottery, and a source with knowledge of the team's thinking said Williams would sit atop the team's draft board if he turned pro.

Williams might have to switch positions from power forward to small forward, but he seemingly has the lateral quickness and perimeter shot to play the position.

"I don't feel like the three spot (small forward) will give me any trouble," Williams said yesterday at the news conference.

Williams said the money he earns will help his mother, Andrea Gittens, raise his two younger brothers and get medical attention for her back problem.

At Bremerton High, Williams became the first player in state history to be named to Parade Magazine's "first team" of the top 10 high-school players in the country. Martell Webster of Seattle Prep became the state's second Parade first-team member last month.

Williams never started a game at North Carolina but was valuable off the bench, averaging 11 points. In his senior season at Bremerton, he averaged 28.7 points, 15.5 rebounds and five blocks. Williams didn't have a strong supporting cast at Bremerton, and the team was 35-34 in his three seasons

Age DOES matter when you are talking about an 18 year old and a 21 year old. You would expect the 21 year old to have a better rookie season than the 18 year old. Would we have made the playoffs with out Al? probably not but would we have made it without Marvin?

Your problem Diesel...

Is that your close minded when it comes to Marvin and anything that he does good you will spin it to fit your agenda. I don't understand how you can hate a guy that you have never met just because you wanted us to draft someone else.

um Horford as a rookie had a lot more impact than 3rd year Marvin.That's what the problem is.When teams play us they were thinking more about rookie Horford and not much about 3rd year Marvin.It will be the same with 2nd year Horford and 4th year Marvin. Chris Paul is only one year older but age isn't an excuse with him and he plays the hardest position on the floor. SF is the easiest and Marvin makes it look like rocket science.Kevin Durant was 19 last year.All those guys can dribble on a break without falling on his face unlike 3rd year Marvin.It's plenty young guys,younger than him that can do things that 3rd year Marvin couldn't do in college and still can't do going into his 4th year.and I don't expect him to be any different next year.

Quote:

"D", Sekou said some Not at the mini camp will be in Salt Lake City. I would not be surprised to see Al there. It would not be a bad idea to work on his offensive game.

Quote:

Quote:

If we can't get rid of Speedy, might as well try to play him. It would be nice if he could become the 9th man in the rotation

Having Speedy back would certainly do wonders for this team. If healthy, Speedy is a great point guard to have. I think 15-20 minutes per game would be great.

Chillz, Pachulia, Claxton/Law off the bench.

We talk a lot about running and you would think that he'd push the ball. I don't expect anything, but if he could contribute that it would be great.

Quote:

We talk a lot about running and you would think that he'd push the ball. I don't expect anything, but if he could contribute that it would be great.

This is how it is. If Speedy is healthy, Bibby is traded and Speedy is the starter.

Blee Dat!!

Quote:

Quote:

"D", Sekou said some Not at the mini camp will be in Salt Lake City. I would not be surprised to see Al there. It would not be a bad idea to work on his offensive game. his name is mentioned on the Jazz's website,I think he might be there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

This is how it is. If Speedy is healthy, Bibby is traded and Speedy is the starter.

Blee Dat!!

I'm not so sure about that. Speedy has shown us next to nothing since he's been here. I hope he's healthy because I hate to see anyone's career end due to injury, but the facts are the facts. He was a pretty good perimeter defender, an OK distributor, and an OK scorer. He just has not been very good since he's been here. Law has to find his game or else you can throw him on the pile with the rest of the first round busts. With everything I've seen so far, I'd bank on Bibby being our starter going into next season for no other reason than that he's THE BEST point guard we have. I hope Law and/or Speedy can prove me wrong but my money is on Bibby right now.