• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In the meantime … (Sekou blog- Acie,Summer League(

Cwell

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hey, D.

You told me where Horford's going to spend the next few weeks.

What's he doing for the rest of the summer?

Don't really matter does it?

If you spend 3 Weeks studying at Oxford... does it matter what you go back to?

One thing I know.

He won't be going back to a pick up game with Rashawn Terry and Wes Miller.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin Williams the past 2 seasons:

06 - 07

FG% - 43.5%

Jumper eFG% - 42%

Inside FG% - 51% ( which is horrible for a SF )

FT attempts - 263

FT% - 81%

Draw a Foul% - 13%

07 - 08

FG% - 46%

Jumper eFG% - 41%

Inside FG% - 58% ( which is average for a SF and a huge jump for him )

FT attempts - 409
( his 336 FT makes led the Hawks )

FT% - 82%

Draw a Foul% - 15%

Nope . . . he didn't improve at all. Not one iota.

Can I get some Minute per game differentials with this?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just because Smoove is a better player doesn't mean that Marvin has a poor work ethic.

Yeah. We have MW's own history and words to prove that. I mean come on. This is elite sports. MW might have "everyman" work ethic but in the NBA that falls FLAT. You don't publically admit that until your assistant coach told you to you did not "work on your game" but rather played pick up ball during your offseason. MW's is either lazy or not smart enough to know you don't portray yourself as lazy.

W

What's wrong with pickup games? Isn't that basicly what Al is doing this summer on the U.S. select team?

Let's see...

Playing against Lebron, Kobe, and Dwight Howard...

or

3 on 3 against Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, and Wes Miller... lol that's great competition.He couldn't start over any of those guys LMAO

• Premium Member

Quote:

And Diesel, I cant help but laughing at all your Al Horford praise (not that the guy doesnt deserve it, cuz he most certainly does). If it were up to you and Walter, we'd have freakin Chairman Yi instead! Don't think we forget Mr. 250,000 posts.

I'm sure that somewhere in SE china. Yi is working on his skillset too? But NO.. Not Marvin.

Stop being such a homer.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Let's see...

Playing against Lebron, Kobe, and Dwight Howard...

or

3 on 3 against Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, and Wes Miller...

Horford's going to China, huh?

Must've missed that article...

I dont give a f*ck how many basketball articles you read, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT EITHER MARVIN OR HORFORD DO ON THEIR SUMMER VACATIONS.

LET IT GO -- yall are retarded for having such a long argument over something you dont even know the real facts of.

Did you ever consider that you only know 1/100th (if that) of what actually goes on over the summer for these guys.

Yall keep pulling from one or two articles and saying that is the whole story. That is just baaaad evidence guys.

You know what, F it. Here goes my Marvin bash. I have a friend who goes to UNC who once played in a pickup game with Marvin and Reyshawn Terry. Look at that!!! Marvin practices ALL SUMMER only with regular, average joe students. What a scrub!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

You told me where Horford's going to spend the next few weeks.

What's he doing for the rest of the summer?

Not pilates.

W

Anyone remember if it Marvin or Childress that went to China last summer...

Guest Walter

Quote:

I dont give a f*ck how many basketball articles you read, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT EITHER MARVIN OR HORFORD DO ON THEIR SUMMER VACATIONS.

Not even when they are QUOTED saying what they did during their summer vacation?

That's pretty F-ing silly. Of course, it's more likely for a player to overstate their off-season work. Think MW was putting a good spin on his offseason by saying he was playing pick-up games until an assistant told him to work on his game? It could only be worse for MW and HIS OWN WORDS do not speak well of his work ethic.

Quote:

Quote:

And Diesel, I cant help but laughing at all your Al Horford praise (not that the guy doesnt deserve it, cuz he most certainly does). If it were up to you and Walter, we'd have freakin Chairman Yi instead! Don't think we forget Mr. 250,000 posts.

I'm sure that somewhere in SE china. Yi is working on his skillset too? But NO.. Not Marvin.

Stop being such a homer.

HAHAHHA. Now you're defending the Chairman! Jeeeez man.

Guest Walter

Quote:

If it were up to you and Walter, we'd have freakin Chairman Yi instead! Don't think we forget Mr. 250,000 posts.

...and Yi if it were me (although if we'd drafted these guys, Iggy, or Paul I would have been less inclined to draft Yi and more inclined to draft Horford). I'll take that record to the bank as it only lends more, not less credibility to my positions. Also, Yi might be unstappable in 2-3 years.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Not even when they are QUOTED saying what they did during their summer vacation?

That's pretty F-ing silly. Of course, it's more likely for a player to overstate their off-season work. Think MW was putting a good spin on his offseason by saying he was playing pick-up games until an assistant told him to work on his game? It could only be worse for MW and HIS OWN WORDS do not speak well of his work ethic.

LOL. Im sure Sekou asked him for an itemized list of what he did on his summer vacation. Jeez man. And honestly, I have no problem with our players taking a few weeks off before getting back to work. That can work wonders for a lot of athletes.

Quote:

Quote:

If it were up to you and Walter, we'd have freakin Chairman Yi instead! Don't think we forget Mr. 250,000 posts.

...and Yi if it were me (although if we'd drafted these guys, Iggy, or Paul I would have been less inclined to draft Yi and more inclined to draft Horford). I'll take that record to the bank as it only lends more, not less credibility to my positions. Also, Yi might be unstappable in 2-3 years.

W Yi will be where Wang Zhizhi is in 2-3 years lol

Quote:

Quote:

W

Id put money on Marvin being better than Yi in 2-3 years.

• Premium Member

Dude, this is what I know. I know that Marvin showed up to work out for the Hawks and Bucks OUT OF SHAPE.. by his own admission.

I know that last year Marvin said that he didn't really do anything basketball related and it took Fizdale to call his sorry ass up and tell him what he needs to work on.

atlien...

Do you have a JOB??

Do you work?

If somebody gave you to make 5 Million dollars per year doing your job..and More if you did your job Better... Wouldn't you bust your ass figuring out how to improve what you're doing? Would it take your supervisor calling you telling you what you need to do before you decided that you were going to get off your lazy ass and improve yourself? Would you even waste your time losing focus before you tried to improve yourself?? All Marvin's life, he has been a Bench riding, underachieving joker. His HS team wasn't a winning team.

Quote:

Quote:

W

lol at Yi being unstoppable in 2-3 years

Quote:

atlien...

Do you have a JOB??

Do you work?

LOL at that question coming from you.

I know people dont like to hear it, but the fact of the matter is that Marvin came to the league extremely young, physically immature, and raw. That has been the case all along. I watched that UNC team a lot, and it was obvious that Marvin was gonna be a project when he came into the league (that`s why my pick was Paul). He`s still growing into his body. He`s the anti-Lebron in that sense. Basically, BK shouldve been able to judge that Marvin was a 5-year project (getting legitimately good around 24) and wasnt a good fit for this very, very young team.

In any event, this is a contract year for Marvin, and im sure the guy likes his money. Im not too worried. He can even do some Pilates if he wants.

Many others also had those picks. Mine were Iggy, Paul, Roy (with Millsap in the 2nd round), and Horford (with Stuckey instead of Law).

Nice try though.

(Here`s a bball hint by the way -- 7-foot Chinese dudes who cant defend athletic black dudes CANT SUCCEED IN THE NBA. That is why Yi will never be `unstoppable,` it`s why Marvin will be the better player next year and forever onward, and also why, much to the chagrin of you and Diesel, Horford was the clear-cut correct pick over your beloved Chairman.)

Go back to your Internet pwnage attempts though. Shows you to be a truly transcendent individual.

Quote:

What has Marvin done to make me defend him? Play for the Hawks. Work hard. Have a good attitude. Have no ego. Improve every year. Be a TERRIFIC young man. Be a good teammate. Be a good citizen on and off the court. Listen to the coaches. Represent the franchise in a positive way. I could go on but I don't feel that it is necessary.

You described Marvin to the tee. Unfortunatley you only mentioned his game one time by saying he has improved every season. I don't have a problem with how sweet of a person Marvin is. My problem is how weak his game is on the floor. He can't create off the dribble. He is the Starting SF and only attempted 10 three pointers. He barrels into his defender when driving to the basket. His foot speed is slow so he had to start shooting a hook shot cause he can't blow by defenders. He can't post up. His defense is overrated by many on this board. No one is afraid of Marvin from other teams.

So you see stats can't please me as a fan. Marvin has to win against his defender man to man. He has to become a threat from beyond the arc. He has to learn at least one post move. I could go on but I don't feel that it is necessary.

I'm not debating Marvin's work ethic only what I see from him on the floor. His game right now isn't enough for what this team needs from the starting SF.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know people dont like to hear it, but the fact of the matter is that Marvin came to the league extremely young, physically immature, and raw. That has been the case all along.
I watched that UNC team a lot, and it was obvious that Marvin was gonna be a project when he came into the league (that`s why my pick was Paul).
He`s still growing into his body. He`s the anti-Lebron in that sense. Basically, BK shouldve been able to judge that Marvin was a
5-year project
(getting legitimately good around 24) and wasnt a good fit for this very, very young team.

ATLien, it's already to say that you're a UNC homer...

Go ahead and say it...

However, don't let that homerism get in the way of common damn sense.

A 5 year project?

A 5 year project????

A FN 5 year project???

For a Sf?????????????

Here's your common damn sense post of the day. It has never taken any SF 5 FN years to mature.

Sf is the easiest job on the floor.

The Sfs job is simply... play basketball.

What takes 5 FN years about being a Sf?

I'll tell you what ATLien...

Get your big ass, we're #1 UNC Chapel Hill finger.

unc_foamfinger.jpg

Get your UNC mini basketball!

unc_minbbnew.jpg

Go over to Marvin's house and break him away from watching Sponge Bomb and Kenan and Kal..

ICONATOR_3da296fa65444d412f1f0f749c014f6

50577.jpg

Take his ass over to grant Park... to the basketball hoops...

grantpark.gif

and tell him that I said work on his damn three point shooting and coordination.

Nobody has 5 years to see if he will ever amount to anything more than Tim Thomas.

Guest Walter

Quote:

(Here`s a bball hint by the way -- 7-foot Chinese dudes who cant defend athletic black dudes CANT SUCCEED IN THE NBA. That is why Yi will never be `unstoppable...

Yao much?

W