• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mr H? What happened?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

The question: What are Horford and Marvin doing over the summer?

The correct answer: Who gives a [censored]?

That's kind of my point, but I was having too much fun getting Diesel and Walter riled up.

Every once in a while, even they need some attention, too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

That's kind of my point, but I was having too much fun getting Diesel and Walter riled up.

Whatever your point was, you got OWNED. Seriously, there is no way you could be happy with MW's development OR work ethic. If you are, you have low standards.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Whatever your point was, you got OWNED. Seriously, there is no way you could be happy with MW's development OR work ethic. If you are, you have low standards.

W

Don't you have to be able to understand a post to get "OWNED?" (Also, isn't the phrase "OWNED" a little too young for you?).

Horford is going to summer league. He's basically practice meat for Dwight Howard for a week or two, and then he's expected to play in the summer league. After that, he's going to be at U of F - practicing and studying.

On a more important note, can you not see through the blind hate that posters like Diesel have for Marvin? If they're jumping on the guy for spending his summer the same way that 90% of the rest of the league spends their summer, you know those poster have a serious agenda.

What Marvin or anyone else does in the summer is a non-issue. Always has been, always will be.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

When did Diesel imply "all summer long"? JS didn't work all summer with Hakeem but it's skill development and a hell of alot better than a summer worth of pilates or washed up UNC 3 on 3.

W

So why did Marvin start off so well last year? He was damn near shooting 50% FG at Christmas.

Yeah, but over the second half of the season he shot 43.9%.

Jan = 44%

Feb = 35%

March = 49%

In the playoffs, 41%.

Nothing Special.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

Even Northcyde who is kissing Marvin's but admitted that Marvin put together an average Sf output. MrH goes to Marvin's defense... when Marvin is a #2 pick overall giving us Average output... We could have gotten James Jones in the second round of the draft and he would have given us average... hell, he can shoot from outside. He would have given us better than Marvin.

Quote:

So, Horford's going to practice all summer long vs. the U.S. team, huh?

Even though he's going to summer league, huh?

You funny, man.

You funny.

Humor is the preferred approach. If you take him or HS too seriously . . . . . . there is something missing in your life!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Humor is the preferred approach. If you take him or HS too seriously . . . . . . there is something missing in your life!

I think there are quite a few HSers that don't "get" humor. Or just choose not...

slash.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W

Even Northcyde who is kissing Marvin's but admitted that Marvin put together an average Sf output. MrH goes to Marvin's defense... when Marvin is a #2 pick overall giving us Average output... We could have gotten James Jones in the second round of the draft and he would have given us average... hell, he can shoot from outside. He would have given us better than Marvin.

You would take James Jones' 8 points and 3 rebounds over Marvin's 15 and 6?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wonder what the most consecutive post D has made . . . . . in effect answering himself or just stirring the post more without getting an answer.

I think you need to get started on a Diesel worship center. I deserve one...

Instead of all of your spent hostility and ignorant post stalking.. a wise thanks would be sufficient.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Don't forget Jones' 91 three pointers made, 44% from 3, 22 mpg, and renowned defensive stopper.

Yeah. If we played Jones Marvin's minutes, Jones would be an allstar.

Quote:

Quote:

Don't forget Jones' 91 three pointers made, 44% from 3, 22 mpg, and renowned defensive stopper.

i cant tell if you are real or just say dumb things on purpose to stir people up

but if you aren't a gimmick you must be one flakey dude

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i cant tell if you are real or just say dumb things on purpose to stir people up

The next time you see Joe Johnson double/triple teamed.. and the only hands outstretched are Josh Smith from the three point line.. and Joe Johnson throws it to him... I want you to remember this post of yours. Remember what I said about James Jones being a 44% 3 pt shooter. Then think about how much sense it would make to have somebody who can hit threes than it is to have Marvin who is self checked standing all along two steps inside the three point line but not making any attempt to get a pass or to make an impact...... And as you see Josh Smith chuck up a flailing dead bird of a shot... You can just come back to Hawksqauwk and say " Diesel, I see the light!"

Quote:

Quote:

Jones only played 12 less minutes than Marvin and I don't think that's enough to make up the difference in points let alone an all star.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The next time you see Joe Johnson double/triple teamed.. and the only hands outstretched are Josh Smith from the three point line.. and Joe Johnson throws it to him... I want you to remember this post of yours. Remember what I said about James Jones being a 44% 3 pt shooter. Then think about how much sense it would make to have somebody who can hit threes than it is to have Marvin who is self checked standing all along two steps inside the three point line but not making any attempt to get a pass or to make an impact...... And as you see Josh Smith chuck up a flailing dead bird of a shot... You can just come back to Hawksqauwk and say " Diesel, I see the light!"

Ill remember you said if James Jones got the minutes of Marvin he'd be an all star.

and Id remember you talk out of your rear end. because they wouldnt double off of james on the perimeter. do you think other teams dont know his ONLY asset is the 3ball?

and when does joe get triple teamed?

do you watch basketball?

Quote:

Yeah, but over the second half of the season he shot 43.9%.

Jan = 44%

Feb = 35%

March = 49%

In the playoffs, 41%.

Nothing Special.

I know math is not your strongest subject, but damn . . .you're just going to leave out the month of April, and the 48% FG he shot that month?

LOL.

Even in March, he shot 49.7% FG, which rounds up to 50% FG.

So when we needed Marvin the most, he shot almost 49% FG in the final 2 months.

LOL @ nothing special. In the NBA, consistency is special. Like I've said all along, the kid had one horrible month. Yet, you and others talk like he played like garbage the entire year.

James Jones is one of, if not THE MOST one-dimensional player in the entire NBA. He is essentially a taller version of Damon Jones.

Using this logic, you'd rather have Damon Jones over Acie Law, because Damon can knock down the 3-ball.

And Marvin is an average STARTING SF in this league. Scrubs like James Jones can't hold a candle to Marvin. That's why James is always on the trading block.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel =