• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ric Bucher reports

HAWKSFAN

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove isn't going anywhere. Someone who has the words "home team" tatooed on his hands loves this city and wants to stay here no matter what.

I agree Josh is one of the most popular athletes in Atlanta, I just can't see him wanting to leave Atlanta if we match.

He really is. He's right at the top. People all over like this guy not just Hawk fans because he's young,can jump out of the gym, blocks shots and can fill up a stat sheet better than anyone in the NBA. If he leaves the Hawks will be in turmoil for another 10 years.

Quote:

Ric Bucher also said we had Amare Stoudamire but the owners vetoed it. The guy is a buffoon. When the real story came to light it was the Suns who didnt want to deal Amare.

Also the dude who said Kobe had played his last game in LA if I'm not mistaken.

Guest Walter

Quote:

The unfortunate part of this whole saga is that Ric Bucher doesn't understand that Smoove's future really is not his choice right now. He can not want to be back, but we have a certain thing called Right of first refusal.

Diesel, when Ric states "He said if Sixers don't get Brand, (LAC will) give Smith an offer the Hawks won't match" he's acknowledging the Hawk's right to match (or refuse)? He says the Hawks WON'T match an offer from LAC not that the Hawks can't match it.

The right of first refusal means we also have the right to refuse a deal we deem bad for us. I can't imagine many if any but Ric is OBVIOUSLY including the possibility you insist he overlooked.

• Premium Member

HAWKSFAN has been one of the biggest Smith haters for the past 3 years. He used to hang out in the chatrooms on game nights and bash him even when he wasn't on the court. Smith is the only player he would talk about and never had anything good to say.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

The unfortunate part of this whole saga is that Ric Bucher doesn't understand that Smoove's future really is not his choice right now. He can not want to be back, but we have a certain thing called Right of first refusal.

Diesel, when Ric states "He said if Sixers don't get Brand, (LAC will) give Smith an offer the Hawks won't match" he's acknowledging the Hawk's right to match (or refuse)? He says the Hawks WON'T match an offer from LAC not that the Hawks can't match it.

The right of first refusal means we also have the right to refuse a deal we deem bad for us. I can't imagine many if any but Ric is OBVIOUSLY including the possibility you insist he overlooked.

My point is that I think Ric just pulled that out of his ARSE. How does he know that the Hawks ownership won't match. I missed the memo where they said, we're not matching after $___________.

Quote:

Ric Bucher also said we had Amare Stoudamire but the owners vetoed it. The guy is a buffoon. When the real story came to light it was the Suns who didnt want to deal Amare.

And here is is awesome prognostication last year:

SOUTHEAST: 4 | EAST: 12 Eventually, all the talent they've amassed has to have some impact. Right? As nice a get as Acie Law was, though, the linchpin is still Speedy Claxton staying healthy. Which makes for a straw linchpin.

Eventually, all the talent they've amassed has to have some impact. Right? As nice a get as Acie Law was, though, the linchpin is still Speedy Claxton staying healthy. Which makes for a straw linchpin.

Ric Bucher ESPN Mag

As a restricted free agent he needs to get a good offer sheet to get paid. To do that the team with cap room has to believe that he'll sign and that Atlanta might not match. Some things you say directly like "I like the free agent presentation" or "I can see myself as a Clipper." Some things you say with rumors and innuendo like "I can't wait to get away from Woodson" or "Atlanta wants to stay below 11M."

Without getting them to bite on an offer sheet he has only Atlanta to negotiate with and all the power lies with the club this year. If he was unrestricted all the power would lie with the player. When the club has the power they'll pay him enough to get him to play and not hold out.