• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yet another twist...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yup, ESPN reported on their ticker thing that Sixers make cap room to sign Brand.

Well, I'm not impressed as much by the Sixers' moves as I am shocked by the Clippers' stupidity. They could've re-signed Brand OVER the cap (using his Bird rights) and then made arrangements with Baron. It's not like Baron was going to get that kind of offer elsewhere.

Stupid.

Quote:

Quote:

Yup, ESPN reported on their ticker thing that Sixers make cap room to sign Brand.

Well, I'm not impressed as much by the Sixers' moves as I am shocked by the Clippers' stupidity. They could've re-signed Brand OVER the cap (using his Bird rights) and then made arrangements with Baron. It's not like Baron was going to get that kind of offer elsewhere.

Stupid.

The Clippers are just making it easier for other teams to lure Brand away becasue they can no longer offer the security of a six year deal.

Clippers are idiots. Did you notice they already signed Gordon? Why not wait until after making all of the FA moves before signing him. I guarantee you they signed him to the 120% of the rookie scale, so they just wasted some extra cap space.

Quote:

Rumor is they did it to screw Brand out of a little extra money, and that's why Elton jumped ship...

Hahaha, wow. How does Elgin Baylor keep his job? I guess every time I get mad at the ASG, Belkin, BK, or Sund that I should try to remember that at least its not Elgin and Sterling.

Quote:

when are teams going to stop being stupid. boozer did the same thing to the cavs. players realize ownership doesn't really have any loyalty toward them, so why should they be loyal (keep their word) to ownership

......and soon to be LeBron.The Cavs have done NOTHING to make LeBron want to stay.

Quote:

Quote:

when are teams going to stop being stupid. boozer did the same thing to the cavs. players realize ownership doesn't really have any loyalty toward them, so why should they be loyal (keep their word) to ownership

......and soon to be LeBron.The Cavs have done NOTHING to make LeBron want to stay.

It still baffles me how Danny Ferry has put together such a crappy team around LeBron. Just imagine if they took Al Jefferson or Smoove instead of Luke Jackson they would be unstoppable.

Quote:

Boozer is a completely different situation from Brand. Boozer was under contract for the Cavs (at a very cheap amount) and the Cavs tried an under the table agreement that they would not use their team option for Boozer but then sign him to a big contract with their MLE. Utah had cap space that the Cavs did not have and signed him away.

The Boozer situation was waaaaaay worse than Brand.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Boozer is a completely different situation from Brand. Boozer was under contract for the Cavs (at a very cheap amount) and the Cavs tried an under the table agreement that they would not use their team option for Boozer but then sign him to a big contract with their MLE. Utah had cap space that the Cavs did not have and signed him away.

The Boozer situation was waaaaaay worse than Brand.

Agreed. Boozer was dramatically different and much worse because Brand didn't promise the LAC anything to get them to pass on the team's option. The option Brand used to get out was always his to use and there was nothing the LAC could do to stop him. Boozer, on the other hand, could have been had at a cheap price.