• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WOW . . . Bogut gets 5yr - 72/73 mill extension???

TheNorthCydeRises

That's pure insanity. Why do they constantly overpay for decent, but not very good players? I guess they wanted to avoid the situation we're in with Smith.

LOL . . . this board would've completely flipped out if we gave Smith a contract like that last summer.

I bet Smith and Okafor are like, WTF??? Neither of them are worth that much, but Bogut gets that from Milwaukee?

Insanity.

A 60 million dollar deal with incentives could reach as much as 72 million dollars. I actually like the idea. The Bucks will pay Bogut 12mil a year and its up to Bogut to get the other 10-11 million dollars of that deal.

The Bobcats already offered Okafor 12mil a year. He obviously is ready to leave. I think he may end up in LA before Smoove would.

• Premium Member

It's hard to find a solid young Center.

Milwaukee is showing what you have to do to keep one.

Milwaukee can't get into a bidding war for Bogut next summer. They nipped it in the bud. It was smart. Next year, teams could have offered Bogut 5 year 80 Million... and there are going to be lots of teams that have money to do it. Milwaukee knows that they have Redd, Richardson signed... they can't get into a bidding war for Bogut. It was actually brilliant for them to sign him with some of the money being performance based.

Quote:

Milwaukee can't get into a bidding war for Bogut next summer. They nipped it in the bud. It was smart. Next year, teams could have offered Bogut 5 year 80 Million... and there are going to be lots of teams that have money to do it. Milwaukee knows that they have Redd, Richardson signed... they can't get into a bidding war for Bogut. It was actually brilliant for them to sign him with some of the money being performance based.

Why can't they get into a bidding war for Bogut? If some other team offered 5 years 80 million for Bogut I'd call them suckers. The Bucks have won about 25 games a year the past two seasons. Bogut's decent, but his "breakout" year translated into two LESS wins than the year before.

Quote:

Quote:

Why can't they get into a bidding war for Bogut? If some other team offered 5 years 80 million for Bogut I'd call them suckers. The Bucks have won about 25 games a year the past two seasons. Bogut's decent, but his "breakout" year translated into two LESS wins than the year before.

you gotta pay the cost, to be the boss. even if it results in a loss.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Mainly because without Bogut signed, the Bucks are already committed to 53 million dollars in cap space. It will be more after they sign picks. The Bucks didn't really sign Bogut to a 73 Million dollar deal. They signed him to a 60 million dollar deal with ~13 Million in incentives. I love incentives and incentive based pay. If you compare that 60 Million dollar base to the 85 Million dollar base that another team would offer Bogut... Over 5 years, that 3 million more per year. That's the difference between 12 Million to start and 15 Million to start. I'm sure that the Bucks considered those possibilities and the possibility of losing a young solid C and said "Hey, we'd rather keep our young solid Center.". Bogut is not Hakeem or Shaq but he's solid. He's part of what will be a strong nucleus.