• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

According to Ric Bucher on 680...

khaos7

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Hawks have 41.5 million tied up in salaries already for next year with the cap at 58.7

If the Hawks could sign Chillz for 7 per starting that would leave them with 10 million to spend.

I think Charlotte would match a 5 year offer for Okafor starting at 10 mil per season which would leave Atlanta the lone person on the dance floor without a partner.

The Hawks must match any offer to Smoove, up to and including 5/70

It is very very believable, I don't think anyone on the Squawk would say that Smoove and Woodson are best freinds. But at the same time, I don't see Smoove leaving us this upcoming year. If he REALLY wants to leave, his best bet is definitely to take the tender.

The problem is, Smoove has been vastly underpaid and his QO is vastly underpaying him too. Anything the Clippers offer him would be right around what the ASG would be figuring as his contract, they will match him. Maybe a S&T? Doubtful, we need equal marketability in a deal. I doubt he takes the QO because it is only a little less than $3.2 million and then he is stuck in the same predicament as this year. He may take whatever we offer him and then make a big fit about it during the year or next offseason. I see us firing Woodson before we let Smoove leave if this is that big of a deal next offseason.

BTW, I have talked to many people that I know in Athens (UGA) and many have seen Josh there at multiple bars(offseason). Of course there, you could get in with a photoshopped ID (lame) and be fine, but from all the guys I have talked to who have talked to him say that he enjoys GA too much. He would get homesick at other places. Not to seem like a tool businessman but we have him in a place where we want him, we can match anything. Next year may be a different story, but IF Woodson is still with us then that means we did well and maybe Josh has changed...I think we got him for the long haul no matter what.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It is very very believable, I don't think anyone on the Squawk would say that Smoove and Woodson are best freinds. But at the same time, I don't see Smoove leaving us this upcoming year. If he REALLY wants to leave, his best bet is definitely to take the tender.

The problem is, Smoove has been vastly underpaid and his QO is vastly underpaying him too. Anything the Clippers offer him would be right around what the ASG would be figuring as his contract, they will match him. Maybe a S&T? Doubtful, we need equal marketability in a deal. I doubt he takes the QO because it is only a little less than $3.2 million and then he is stuck in the same predicament as this year. He may take whatever we offer him and then make a big fit about it during the year or next offseason. I see us firing Woodson before we let Smoove leave if this is that big of a deal next offseason.

BTW, I have talked to many people that I know in Athens (UGA) and many have seen Josh there at multiple bars(offseason). Of course there, you could get in with a photoshopped ID (lame) and be fine, but from all the guys I have talked to who have talked to him say that he enjoys GA too much. He would get homesick at other places. Not to seem like a tool businessman but
we have him in a place where we want him, we can match anything.
Next year may be a different story, but IF Woodson is still with us then that means we did well and maybe Josh has changed...I think we got him for the long haul no matter what.

The way it is is that ASG can't afford to let him go and Smoove can't afford to not take an offer.

Smoove accepting the tender is too great a risk.

He'd do better to sign and sit out.

Signing the tender is foolish.. Like Ron Gant on a Dirt Bike. Like Demarr Johnson speeding. Like Jay Williams doing whateverthehell he did... Like Bobby Hurley driving.

Quote:

Quote:

During the interview I couldn't decide who I disliked more . . . . . Butcher or Kincaid. Tough choice.

Still don't take Butcher at his word. He's all hype which is the exact opposite of Sekou.

i have never listen to 680. is kincaid anti smith fan?

Kincaid likes to rip everyone a new [censored] and with the news from Butcher he was having a field day.

If Smoove hates Woody and thinks he is too controling then he will despise Dunleavy as soon as he plays his first game.

Smoove is 22 years old and we all have seen his teenage punkish attitude with Woodson. Well, Dunleavy is whole lot meaner and much more controlling.

Dunleavy is a control freak.............Many wonder if he and Baron Davis could coexist with Dunleavy due to Davis's habit of jacking up shots before the offense is run. Dunleavy likes precise offensive sets............Smoove weakness is playing in precise offensive sets where you have to play with your head, be able to catch and shoot, and be able to post up. (not just street ball it)

If Smoove is buying into Woody holding him back just wait until he gets a load of Dunleavy. Plus LA has much more press to report anything stupid Smoove does as a 22 year old in Hollywood without his family there to keep him in check.

Smoove may crash in burn in LA:

1. Punk attitude + alot of money, + a new environment + the Holly Wood lime light scene for a 22 year old could = tragedy

2. Dunleavy is much more of a control freak then Woodson

3. He may be in LA but they are like a LA's minor league franchise and alwayse will be until the Kobe retires. Would he truely get the increase in exposure being spun to him.

Quote:

Another thing: who you going to believe? This guy or Sekou????

Here is the problem though: The other day Sekou kind of responded to Bucher by saying after the playoff series with Boston that both Joshes talked about how they need to keep the team togther yada yada yada. A couple of things have changed since that time with Smoove #1. Woody was bought back which going by some of Smooves comments after the playoffs I dont think he really expected BK to resign and Woody to come back. I think Smoove thought it would be the other way around. #2. Obviously whatever happened in the meeting with Sund and ASG right before July 1st had not happened yet. No doubt Bucher could be talking out of his ayss, but Id like to hear something recent from Smoove to back Sekou up not something over 2 months old.

I wrote this in the other thread so I'm not going to go too far into detail other than to say we know as well as anyone that Bucher will say anything and Smith and his people not only have no reason to deny this, they should fan the flames in hopes that the Clippers see him as a more enticing target than Meka or further pursuing Randolph.

On the issue of resigning. If the Clippers end up offering something to someone else, Smith will have to accept something lower than what he was expecting but that isn't carte blanche to offer him a joke of a contract. He won't take the QO if the contract is near reasonable but we sure as hell can't expect him to sign for 5/45 after Maggette already landed 5/50.

Quote:

... If the Clippers end up offering something to someone else, Smith will have to accept something lower than what he was expecting but that isn't carte blanche to offer him a joke of a contract. He won't take the QO if the contract is near reasonable but we sure as hell can't expect him to sign for 5/45 after Maggette already landed 5/50.

Hit that on the button cd...if the ASG sees that they are in the "Drivers Seat" and try to Lowball JS he will flock them back...they better pay up or this could get ugly.

• Premium Member

Quote:

On the issue of resigning. If the Clippers end up offering something to someone else, Smith will have to accept something lower than what he was expecting but that isn't carte blanche to offer him a joke of a contract. He won't take the QO if the contract is near reasonable but we sure as hell can't expect him to sign for 5/45 after Maggette already landed 5/50.

Well said.

I'm of the opinion that a five-year deal would be better than a six-year deal for the Hawks (b/c of his unfulfilled potential and the threat of energy harming his game dramatically). I think 5 yrs, $65M should get this thing wrapped up.

If that scenario comes about and they are in the driver's seat for the contract we will see how cheap they really are. They need to give him a fair contract and not be cheap or that will blow up in their face by how the players react currently, future FA, fans and how they are seen in the league. they can't afford that.