• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

According to Ric Bucher on 680...

khaos7

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be really curious to find out who Bucher's 'sources' are. Either he has got some really, REALLY great access or connection to Josh Smith and his thoughts.....or he's being misled by someone for some reason (or just getting incorrect information), or he's just blowing smoke. I don't know why he'd make something like this up, though. I mean really, what would be the point in doing that? If it proved false, all it would do is damage his credibility.

I'd like to see Sekou and Bradley at least address this allegation. I mean c'mon, Atlanta media. If this story has any legs at all, it's some pretty significant news- and that's probably an understatement. Giving up Josh Smith in favor of Mike Woodson.....wow. It would be huge.

Quote:

I'd be really curious to find out who Bucher's 'sources' are. Either he has got some really, REALLY great access or connection to Josh Smith and his thoughts.....or he's being misled by someone for some reason (or just getting incorrect information), or he's just blowing smoke. I don't know why he'd make something like this up, though. I mean really, what would be the point in doing that? If it proved false, all it would do is damage his credibility.

I'd like to see Sekou and Bradley at least address this allegation. I mean c'mon, Atlanta media. If this story has any legs at all, it's some pretty significant news- and that's probably an understatement. Giving up Josh Smith in favor of Mike Woodson.....wow. It would be huge.

Honestly, Bucher has said a lot of crap over the years. Some of it is based on real info but most of it is probably speculation based on things that everybody knows. He has been VERY wrong before and will be again, the fact of the matter is, he does more for ESPN when he spouts off, even if nothing is substantiated. It worked on you, you're checking the net hoping to see something right?

Again, there have been tons of people around the country saying tons of different things and Bucher hasn't actually published anything so you are asking Sekou and Bradley to respond to what one man alleges based on unnamed sources on a radio show that most people didn't listen to.

I'd relax on it.

Quote:

Honestly, Bucher has said a lot of crap over the years. Some of it is based on real info but most of it is probably speculation based on things that everybody knows. He has been VERY wrong before and will be again, the fact of the matter is, he does more for ESPN when he spouts off, even if nothing is substantiated. It worked on you, you're checking the net hoping to see something right?

Again, there have been tons of people around the country saying tons of different things and Bucher hasn't actually published anything so you are asking Sekou and Bradley to respond to what one man alleges based on unnamed sources on a radio show that most people didn't listen to.

I'd relax on it.

You are right, I should probably just relax a little bit. This tends to make me feel somewhat anxious though, mainly because I feel so strongly about it. I really do believe that the loss of Josh Smith would just be a devastating blow to this franchise.

And Bucher might be completely full of crap on this- I have no idea either way, but what he's saying *could* be true or at least have some element of truth to it. JS is a headstrong and sometimes emotionally immature young guy, and we've all seen, heard, and read about the confrontations and disagreements between Smoove and Woody both on the court and off. So we know they have a somewhat rocky relationship...but what we don't know is how far and deep those conflicts go, and whether they might even go deep enough to where it could cause Smoove to say "The hell with this, I want out of here", or something to that effect. But it's that not knowing that makes me feel anxious. I can't help it. I just wish they'd get him signed....

Everyone should realize (me too) that the ASG moves at glacial speed. They do nothing early, and they do nothing in any reasonable amount of time. See trading for JJ, the trading of Al, the hiring of a new GM and then re-uping Woody.

In essence, we could be here 3 weeks from now wondering when Smith will sign. Yes, its true that other teams will be making moves, but that doesn't appear to factor into the ASG's collective thinking.

Quote:

You are right, I should probably just relax a little bit. This tends to make me feel somewhat anxious though, mainly because I feel so strongly about it. I really do believe that the loss of Josh Smith would just be a devastating blow to this franchise.

And Bucher might be completely full of crap on this- I have no idea either way, but what he's saying *could* be true or at least have some element of truth to it. JS is a headstrong and sometimes emotionally immature young guy, and we've all seen, heard, and read about the confrontations and disagreements between Smoove and Woody both on the court and off. So we know they have a somewhat rocky relationship...but what we don't know is how far and deep those conflicts go, and whether they might even go deep enough to where it could cause Smoove to say "The hell with this, I want out of here", or something to that effect. But it's that not knowing that makes me feel anxious. I can't help it. I just wish they'd get him signed....

Well you are certainly allowed to feel nervous and I agree that losing Smith would be ahuge blow to the chise.

If he leaves it won't be because he is headstrong though. It will be because his agents don't like the offer he gets (if it comes to that) or they just don't like the way ASG operates a feels that Atlanta is a bad situation for the development of their client - which, for a variety of reasons, I don't completely disagree with.

My point was that Bucher is most likely doing the same sort of speculation that you see from posters around here who see that Woody has problems with Smith (and Zaza, Shelden, AJ, Salim, etc.), ASG lowballed Smith last season, and nothing has been done this season. He puts that together, hears something from an agent about how Smith is open to signing elsewhere, and says on the radio that Smith wants out.

Of course it might be true, but the fact that the only person to say anything like this is Bucher and he hasn't published it means that it probably isn't the most reliable news. Again, other writers aren't even picking it up and running with it because it doesn't even have enough legs to be a sensationalist peice.