• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks, Clippers "in talks over Randolph."

• Premium Member

I have no idea how credible Alan Hahn or Newsday are, but nonetheless:

Newsday

Quote:

The Knicks, with an eye on being in the same position by 2010, would not accept contracts that go beyond that year in return for Randolph, who averaged 17.6 points and 10.3 rebounds last season. He was acquired from Portland by Isiah Thomas on draft night in 2007 for Steve Francis and Channing Frye.

It is believed that Walsh was hoping to pry Eric Gordon, the seventh overall pick in the NBA draft, as part of the deal. That move seems unlikely, but it is expected that Walsh will talk again with the Clippers, who also are participating in the NBA Summer League here.

The source said Walsh has been "very active" in trade discussions and is "looking at these types of transactions constantly.

This makes a lot of sense to me. The Clippers need a veteran post scorer, not a 22 y.o. player who *might* become a post scorer.

I can see L.A. offering Tim Thomas for Randolph, and that being rejected. And then I can see the Knicks countering with Eric Gordon, and that being rejected. That leaves A LOT of middle ground, though.

I would expect the Clippers will look at Odom, Marion, and Wallace, too.

This is from the Clips board. Clearly gives their feelings about this trade:

My favorite Randolph story is about how, after being granted bereavement leave by the Blazers for the death of a very distant relative (and I think missing a game), he was spotted the very same night at a strip club. What a class act. Hasn't he also punched out a number of teammates in the course of his "illustrious" career. We have enough bad actors (TT) on this team already, we really don't need another

• Premium Member

Quote:

Newsday

Quote:

The Knicks, with an eye on being in the same position by 2010, would not accept contracts that go beyond that year in return for Randolph, who averaged 17.6 points and 10.3 rebounds last season. He was acquired from Portland by Isiah Thomas on draft night in 2007 for Steve Francis and Channing Frye.

It is believed that Walsh was hoping to pry Eric Gordon, the seventh overall pick in the NBA draft, as part of the deal. That move seems unlikely, but it is expected that Walsh will talk again with the Clippers, who also are participating in the NBA Summer League here.

The source said Walsh has been "very active" in trade discussions and is "looking at these types of transactions constantly.

This makes a lot of sense to me. The Clippers need a veteran post scorer, not a 22 y.o. player who *might* become a post scorer.

I can see L.A. offering Tim Thomas for Randolph, and that being rejected. And then I can see the Knicks countering with Eric Gordon, and that being rejected. That leaves A LOT of middle ground, though.

If Randolph goes to the Clipps, he will be an allstar. Possible an MVP candidate.

Quote:

Quote:

Newsday

Quote:

If Randolph goes to the Clipps, he will be an allstar. Possible an MVP candidate.

Snach Randolph? Lazy, uninspired, fat Randolph? Please pass the kind bud because I want a hit of it. He is a newer version of Derrick Coleman...that's not a compliment.