• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Changing my mind on A.H.

DJlaysitup

Since the interview that that girl reporter said AL was playing out of position I always thought that AL felt the same way and he probably does.

Still...the kid has guts...I don't see us improving on the center position with our current assets. Horford is a solid rock 6'9" and can block out (something our other players need to learn).

Actually JS can block out to when he wants to - I remember seeing a video of him keeping KG off the boards in the playoffs.

I think a backup 7 foot stiff with skills inside would be best for us now. Much as I love Zaza (LOL)...I'd ditch him for a strong guy who knows his role. I'm talking regular season here - 82 games.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Since the interview that that girl reporter said AL was playing out of position I always thought that AL felt the same way and he probably does.

Still...the kid has guts...I don't see us improving on the center position with our current assets. Horford is a solid rock 6'9" and can block out (something our other players need to learn).

Actually JS can block out to when he wants to - I remember seeing a video of him keeping KG off the boards in the playoffs.

I think a backup 7 foot stiff with skills inside would be best for us now. Much as I love Zaza (LOL)...I'd ditch him for a strong guy who knows his role. I'm talking regular season here - 82 games.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with Zaza other than his bad defense.

With UTAH signing Koufas, I wonder if they'd give us Fesenko for a 2nd?

Quote:

All Horford needs to do is find his niche offensively as a player, and put on some more muscle. At 6'10", he's big enough to play center, if he plays big, which he does.

He should be fine at center. He's obviously got a strong upper body, I'd like to see him spend some time in the gym working on leg and core strength so he can hold position on D against the really big guys.

He's the same height as Jefferson, Okafor, and Amare. Amare and Jefferson are horrible defenders but its more because they don't try very hard and don't know what they are doing. Okafor more than holds his own on the low block because he's strong as hell and uses good fundamentals. In fact, Okafor plays better D against centers because he's strong but slow as hell.

Al at center probably isn't ideal but, as I've pointed out before, to make "Al at PF" mean anything, the center we get would have to be a better post defender and low block scorer otherwise Al would be a de facto center. String beans like Dalembert and Biedrins would put Al in the same position he is now. Unless you have a trade to get Yao/Dwight/Duncan we are probably better off with him at center.