• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could something be wrong with smooth?

josh_pwns_newbs

Quote:

Is Iggy getting wined and dined? Is there something they are not hearing from Josh that makes them open up the checkbook? It can't be a lack of athleticism, thats for sure.

Is it just poor luck?

Look at where the money has gone... Elton Brand. Baron Davis. Corey Maggette.

Smith was competing against some tough competition and he lost out. But so did all of the other RFAs.

If Deng, Chillz,Okafor,Iggy,etc. were getting offers then he should be worried. The market is just not leaning towards the RFA right now. No shame to losing out to players with more experience than you.

Its just like me applying for a job against some you old guys.Lol.jk. I wouldn't get the job because some of you may have more experience. Even though I have more potential to be with the company longer and become a better worker. Its just the way it is.

Quote:

I think a bunch of teams are scared to offer him a contract, knowing there's a good chance that the Hawks will match.

True, the Hawks will proably wait a little before they match it and whatever that team that offered him the contract will loose out on other Fa's/.

• Premium Member

Well Patrick,

As your dad would tell you... Smoove is RFA and we have put it out that we would match every offer to either of the Joshes. Putting an offer out there, ties the hands of the teams that make the offer for about a week. It used to be 2 weeks. BK Milked the time one year with JT. He allowed Utah's offer sheet to hold for 13 3/4 days before he matched. What it did was prevent Utah from going after other free agents.

Your daddy can point out to you that it may be likely that the RFAs will be sought after after teams have gotten most of the players that they want on a contract. Until then, they will be wined and dined.

Quote:

Yeah something is wrong with Smooth. It's spelled Smoove.

Actually it is spelled "Smith".

And yes, there is something wrong...attitude issues, heart issues (mental, not physical). Not worth the big money right now.

Best scenario: He gets no offers and has to sign back with us for a more modest amount. He gets a chip on his shoulder and plays like a mad man.

Worst scenario: We end up having to pay him big bucks to match a deal and he promptly mails in the next few years.

Smith is a scary situation. That uneven bean on his shoulders makes him an absolute question mark.

Quote:

Quote:

Best scenario: He gets no offers and has to sign back with us for a more modest amount. He gets a chip on his shoulder and plays like a mad man.

I could see this happening because Josh is going to want to show all those teams that passed on him what they are missing.

If Smoove is truely whining about Woodson the only person he making look bad is himself.

Woody gave Smoove more to hang hmself on then any one. Mike Dunleavy in LA is 10 X the control freak that Woodson is. So if Smioth saying bad stuff behind the organization;s back to teams like the 76ers and Clippers then all that would do is turn of Dunleavy and Cheeks. The last thing a team wants to do is hand over $60-$80 million to a 22 year old pre-madona who thinks he knows it all. They all just want a coachable player.

I guess the questiohn is ...is Smoove coachable ?

Quote:

If Smoove is truely whining about Woodson the only person he making look bad is himself.

Woody gave Smoove more to hang hmself on then any one. Mike Dunleavy in LA is 10 X the control freak that Woodson is. So if Smioth saying bad stuff behind the organization;s back to teams like the 76ers and Clippers then all that would do is turn of Dunleavy and Cheeks. The last thing a team wants to do is hand over $60-$80 million to a 22 year old pre-madona who thinks he knows it all. They all just want a coachable player.

I guess the questiohn is ...is Smoove coachable ?

Wait did Smith say anything or is this the same rehashing that gets done?

I read the article on hoopshype which was linked to an article on si.com which said this:

Quote:

The Hawks would likely raise the five-year, $45 million offer that Smith turned down last summer, but money will not be the only factor in the talented young power forward returning to Atlanta. As I previously reported in Sports Illustrated, league sources say Smith is not interested in returning to the Hawks if Mike Woodson, who just signed a new two-year contract to remain with Atlanta, is the head coach. The two have butted heads frequently in Smith's four seasons with the Hawks, and sources say the relationship is beyond repair. With a dearth of offers, Smith may change his tune but having a volatile relationship on such a young team may not be in the Hawks' best interests.

"As I previously reported" so nothing new here, "league sources say..." could be anyone, could be Bucher, could be Bucher's sours.

Nothing but speculation.

Wow those are some strong words. So fans can disagree with Woody but not Smoove? And when did anyone hear him say he has a problem with Woody? Remember the media has a job to do and they create stories everyday.

You sound like someone who just isn't in favor of having Smoove return.