• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We have closet Smith haters here!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

I'm beginning to think that there are many posters here that really want Josh Smith gone but are afraid to come forward and state it on this message for fear repercussions! Follow me here for a second.

1) When free agency started, there we a lot of posters stating that Smith would get this big offer from various teams which the ASG wouldn't match.

2) once Smith didn't get his big offer, posters started posting that there was something wrong with Smith!

3) When Smith's options started dying up, posters started threads about Josh's rocky relationship with Woodson. And even when that was debunked by Smith's dad, poster still continued to believe a journalist over the man's dad which prompted more sign and trade scenarios!

4) Once every other team had spent all of their cap money and the ASG had no competition for Smith services, poster started saying the he was going to take the 1 year qualifying offer and leave next year.

5) Once number 3 was deemed financial stupidity, post started posting that Smith was going to get a big offer from another team and force a sign and trade agreement.

6) Now that the ASG has Smith right where they want him, posters are saying that he is a risk to sign long term and that they should sign him to a contract for no more than 3 years.

Am I imagining this or is my assumption somewhat true that many posters on this board want Smith gone! And quite honestly, I think that the same can be said about Childress

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said you are beginning to think that there are people here that want Smith gone so I'm asking you, WHO are those people that you are referring to? Obviously you have some people in mind so it would be interesting to see who you think those people are. If you are going to start a thread that basically calls people out, why not mention their names so that they can defend themselves?

All that you have talked about does not mean people are "hating" on Smoove, they are just pessimistic about his future. There is a big difference there.

You have a silly defintion of hate.

Just b/c some one does not think Smoove is not worth $80 million does not mean that they hate him.

I want Smoove ! I don't want to break the bank for a 22 year pre-madona though.

A 6 year $65 mill contract seems more then fair for both sides.

• Premium Member

Quote:

All that you have talked about does not mean people are "hating" on Smoove, they are just pessimistic about his future. There is a big difference there.

Hating is a strong word and I may have misused it to bring light to the thread. But my point is that a lot of posters want to trade him rather than keep him. And were disappointed when the cap space on other teams dried up. They were hoping that another team forced ASG's hand by making a big offer to Smith which would have prompted them to make a move to get him off the team.

Quote:

You have a silly defintion of hate.

Just b/c some one does not think Smoove is not worth $80 million does not mean that they hate him.

I want Smoove ! I don't want to break the bank for a 22 year pre-madona though.

A 6 year $65 mill contract seems more then fair for both sides.

I agree. At the right price, keep Smith. At the wrong price, get value in a trade for Smith. That's been my position all along. And I think $12M annually is the ceiling, especially for a 5 or 6 year contract.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree. At the right price, keep Smith. At the wrong price, get value in a trade for Smith. That's been my position all along. And I think $12M annually is the ceiling, especially for a 5 or 6 year contract.

What would force ASG to pay Josh Smith over $12 million per season? or even $10 million per season?

Quote:

But my point is that a lot of posters want to trade him rather than keep him

Who are these posters that you are referring to? I'd bet that you won't find 1% of the posters here that want to trade him rather than keep him.

If another team comes at the Hawks with a S&T deal and Smoove goes to the Hawks and tells him he wants a S&T done or he takes the QO and bolts next offseason. That is why people are pessimistic, they aren't "hating" just looking at all possible scenarios.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If another team comes at the Hawks with a S&T deal and Smoove goes to the Hawks and tells him he wants a S&T done or he takes the QO and bolts next offseason. That is why people are pessimistic, they aren't "hating" just looking at all possible scenarios.

I'll be willing to bet that if this were Joe Johnson's or Al Horford's free agent year, there will be countless number of threads encouraging the ASG to sign them at all cost. There would be very few sign and trade proposals on this board period for those 2 players!

That is ridiculous. There were tons of JJ trade proposals during the season and I'm certain that there will be Horford trade proposals just as there are trade proposals for all of our players.

You want to call people haters but really it's you "hating" on the other posters here for looking at ALL of our options. It seems that it's YOU that wants to sign our FA "at all costs".

Quote:

Quote:

I'll be willing to bet that if this were Joe Johnson's or Al Horford's free agent year, there will be countless number of threads encouraging the ASG to sign them at all cost. There would be very few sign and trade proposals on this board period for those 2 players!

Of course with JJ ! He is worth more to this team. He is a proven 2 time allstar while Smoove is not. JJ plays with BB IQ and Smoove does not. If he were up for a new deal at 27 I would be all for giving him the max if that is what it takes. Now 2 seasons from now at 29, with more wear and tear, I may have a different opinion.

Horford is not a fair comparison since he is a rookie, that is a different ball game. We have 3 more years to evaluate Horford to gage his long term worth. Hopefully he continues to grow and does not pull an Okefor and stay the exact same.

Quote:

I'm beginning to think that there are many posters here that really want Josh Smith gone but are afraid to come forward and state it on this message for fear repercussions! Follow me here for a second.

1) When free agency started, there we a lot of posters stating that Smith would get this big offer from various teams which the ASG wouldn't match.

2) once Smith didn't get his big offer, posters started posting that there was something wrong with Smith!

3) When Smith's options started dying up, posters started threads about Josh's rocky relationship with Woodson. And even when that was debunked by Smith's dad, poster still continued to believe a journalist over the man's dad which prompted more sign and trade scenarios!

4) Once every other team had spent all of their cap money and the ASG had no competition for Smith services, poster started saying the he was going to take the 1 year qualifying offer and leave next year.

5) Once number 3 was deemed financial stupidity, post started posting that Smith was going to get a big offer from another team and force a sign and trade agreement.

6) Now that the ASG has Smith right where they want him, posters are saying that he is a risk to sign long term and that they should sign him to a contract for no more than 3 years.

Am I imagining this or is my assumption somewhat true that many posters on this board want Smith gone! And quite honestly, I think that the same can be said about Childress

Best post I have read in awhile. People attack other posters for wanting to trade an underachieving Marvin Williams then turn around and want to trade an overacheiving Josh Smith. It makes no sense.

Why can't some of you just say that you would rather not have Smoove here. Man up and admit your stance. I have no problem stating I would rather MW, Bibby and ZaZa not be on this team and be replaced with upgrades.

Why don't you and Bird "man up" and say who you are referring to. All I am hearing is crickets here. If you're going to call people out then do it. Don't sit there and hide behind your posts.

So to both of you ... who are you referring to that WANTS to trade Josh Smith?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why can't some of you just say that you would rather not have Smoove here. Man up and admit your stance.

At least you know where diesel stands. But some of the other posters start posting these passive-aggressive threads that are hard to gauge their true intent. I think that people who prefer a Smith trade are afraid to make it clear because it would reduce their status on a very Smith friendly message board!

I DEFINITELY want Smoove back (and I would have matched ANY offer to him), but I certainly wouldn't say that he has "overachieved." He has done some good things but any contract he signs will be based FAR more on his POTENTIAL than on anything he has actually done.

Smoove will have to put up a LOT bigger numbers and give a LOT more consistent effort before he can be considered an overachiever. He could average 20/10/5/3 and I would call that him realizing his potential rather than him overachieving.

As for you wanting to replace MW, Zaza and Bibby with upgrades, hell, I would like to replace every player on our roster with upgrades. That said, I don't always agree with your definition of upgrades when it comes to those 3.