• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford on 680 this morning

coachx

Quote:

Well maybe an argument can be made that the "free pass" was "earned" but the classic example of this is Michael Jordan. Jordan certainly went off on the coaching staff, teammates and others on NUMEROUS occasions but it was always attributed to his "competitiveness." If Smoove or even JJ did HALF of the things that Jordan did with regard to yelling at coaches and teammates, they would be branded as problems. Its like the old saying goes though, winning cures everything.

Well, Joe hasn't really "earned" the right to call out his management in the way that MJ had. Although most people acknowledge that Jordan was a raging a-hole.

My point was that if Smith complained to the media about his coach or his contract people would talk about how petulant he was but when Joe complains about his teamates (while playing far below his par), its because he is classy and no-nonsense.

Now I love Joe, I think he is one of the most complete players in the game, I still don't think he has any more right to talk trash about his teamates than Josh does to not like his coach - in other words, neither one should. I guess I'm an egalitarian like that.

Anyway, if Smith doesn't want to resign because he doesn't like management I don't entirely blame him. Every season he's been here we've tried to draft a guy to take his spot but he just keeps getting better.

I think both JJ and Smoove act the way the do becuase they are not born leaders. JJ isn't vocal enough and when he is he is calling out his organization in the media. Smoove is still immature and doesn't know how to at least act as if you respect your coach in public. It is true discipline to have to follow someone who you believe isn't doing a good job.

Just think about when you have an idiot of a Boss compared to someone who runs things the right way. Its much easier to work for the guy who knows what he's doing.

Horford will end up being the best leader on this team. I like Acie's attitude but he needs his game to match it before he can be considered.