• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Whoever gives Chillz money, he will pull a Speedy

HAWKS1986

Chillz is injury prone and there were red flags about it prior to coming into the NBA when he played at Stanford.

Once Chillz signs his contract, he will likely be on the injury list just like Speedy...

The Hawks need to find hungry players who can bring more to the Hawks defensively and can shoot the three..

Signing Chillz would be a big mistake by the Hawks because he will never live up to his new contract just like he hasn't even come close to living up to his Top 6 (first round) status from four years ago..

I wouldn't be so sure about that...pulling a speedy as you put it is rather drastic.

It would be a stretch to say that he is "no where near" his sixth pick status.

He is about right where I expected him to be in terms of development-I knew he would never be on with Iggy, Ben Gordon, etc.-I just didn't think it was there. He is a phenomenal glue guy but isn't really even a third option. I think we made a good pick, not necessarily the right one though.

Chillz can shoot the three-he needs to work on his contested shot though.

Quote:

Name someone that can replace Chill?

And until Marvin and Smith start making a big time effort to help Horford grab offensive rebounds, we need Chill here.

Offensive rebounding isn't our problem. I think the Hawks can survive without Childress' 2 offensive rebounds per game.

Our big problem areas are defensive rebounding and perimeter shooting which just so happen to be Childress' weaknesses.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He will never live up to being the sixth pick but he has found his role in the NBA and on this team.

I disagree with this. Chillz may never statistically be your favorite, but if we don't have Chillz and somebody else does, you will see him living up to his pick.

We went around and around back and forth over this subject when Childress injured his foot 2 years ago.

Remember when Walter accused Woodson of injuring Childress by playing him more than 20-25 minutes a night?

The subsequent result of that point of view is Childress is damaged goods, his foot problems are chronic and there's nothing you can do about it other than to limit his minutes. That wasn't Waldo's point, his angle was to rant about Woodson but in the end that's what it comes down to..... if you believe it that is.

Didn't Chillz get special shoes made for him by Nike that helped him with his foot issues.

Also, I remember BK sending him and Marvin for core strengthening for related issues.

I don't think he is damaged goods and hopes he returns despite his desire to be a starter.