• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ripping the current Hawks - - WOW!!

Gray Mule

After reading the worst comments here on Hawksquawk and ignoring the good stuff, we

must conclude that the Atlanta Hawks are somewhere below a good NBDL team.

Horford is out of position. He is a PF and not a center. He isn't strong enough to play

center in the NBA - But, he's too slow to guard most Power forewards in the NBA.

Zaza "might" get us a second round pick if we could find someone desperate enough

to take him off our hands.

Josh Smith hates it here in Atlanta, can't stand Woody and would move if someone

would just make an offer. Too small to play PF and too slow to play SF. Loves to

shoot from outside - problem is, he can't hit from outside. Always out of position

on defense.

Marvin Williams. Can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Lower on the totum

poll than Zaza - (See Zaza above) - Can't shoot. Can't defend. Why is he in the NBA?

Joe Johnson. A good player who wants out because he has no help. He knows how

helpless that we are.

Bibby. The only reason that JJ hasn't already left. Hot and Cold from outside - mostly

cold. Can take over a game occasionally when his shots are falling. Injury prone.

Plays a soft defense when he plays defense at all.

Josh Childress. Must be wide open to score from outside due to his crazy release

and gets most of his points in garbage time against opponents bench. Can't

penetrate and score - Can't defend. If he's resigned, will spend the rest of his

contract time on IR due to his history of always being hurt.

Acie Law. We've already saw the best he has to offer here. Woody won't play

him and we know why - He's just not that good.

And, these are our "good" players on the roster. All the others don't deserve

mentioning. None are worth a second round pick.

Then, there's our coach, Woody. Undoubtedly the worst coach in the entire history

of the NBA. NBDL has better head coaches.

Our "do nothing" GM has no idea what to do or how to do it if he did get an idea.

Ownership has no money. They have no interest in anything but fighting among

themselves - They have idea how to do anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet, with all this, Atlanta DID make it into the playoffs and DID win all their home

games against the eventual NBA champions! Why? How? No one seems to have

the answer to that. With the terrible players some people believe we have, it just

isn't possible for this to happen, yet it did.

Now, not everyone is down on every Hawk player. Some really love most of the

roster and team. Just put together the worst thoughts about each player you

can find and see what you get.

What do I think? I think most of the criticism is undeserved. We have a good

team, not great, but good. A young, experienced group of players who will

only get better and better. I expect Atlanta to be back in the playoffs next

season and win over half their games, hopefully with home court atvantage

and be VERY competetive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or by some of the posts on here they're the next Dream Team. I think reality is somewhere in the middle. If you judge this team based on pure facts we'll be lucky to be over .500. Some like to shoot above actual facts, some like to shoot below it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

After reading the worst comments here on Hawksquawk and ignoring the good stuff, we

Horford is out of position. He is a PF and not a center. He isn't strong enough to play

center in the NBA - But, he's too slow to guard most Power forewards in the NBA.

Zaza "might" get us a second round pick if we could find someone desperate enough

Josh Smith hates it here in Atlanta, can't stand Woody and would move if someone

would just make an offer. Too small to play PF and too slow to play SF. Loves to

shoot from outside - problem is, he can't hit from outside. Always out of position

on defense.

poll than Zaza - (See Zaza above) - Can't shoot. Can't defend. Why is he in the NBA?

helpless that we are.

Bibby. The only reason that JJ hasn't already left. Hot and Cold from outside - mostly

cold. Can take over a game occasionally when his shots are falling. Injury prone.

Josh Childress. Must be wide open to score from outside due to his crazy release

penetrate and score - Can't defend. If he's resigned, will spend the rest of his

Then, there's our coach, Woody. Undoubtedly the worst coach in the entire history

Our "do nothing" GM has no idea what to do or how to do it if he did get an idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet, with all this, Atlanta DID make it into the playoffs and DID win all their home

the answer to that. With the terrible players some people believe we have, it just

and be VERY competetive.

You would think that the trend of winning more game each year would make posters more optimistic but it doesn't, which I find strange. You would think the the growth of our young players would make posters more optimistic but it doesn't. Even when fans from other message board gives praise to our team and players, this MB dismisses them as fans that don't know our team or players well enough. And when you point this out to the most common offenders here, they react and defend their position even stronger. Some will even take it a few steps further by mis-representing the facts leading me to question their true motives.

Thank God the ASG/Sund don't listen to these guys otherwise we would have traded Smith already for Dalembert. Traded Childress or Marvin for Azubuike. Traded Bibby for Marbury. Signed Diop etc. No matter what these guys think or write, I am going to enjoy watching the Hawks this up coming season!

Quote:

and be VERY competetive.

You forgot that we finished 8 games under .500 and wouldn't have made the playoffs at all without help from other teams. We have no bench (besides Chillz) and the worst coach in the history of the NBA. We are a horrible road team and have no team "identity". We allow teams to drive the lane at will and cannot defend the perimeter. We got blown out 4 times in the playoffs on the road.

Can you refute any of these things? They are all facts. We are a still an average team that is missing a few pieces. We took some steps in the right direction last year and hopefully we can keep going. Re-signing Woody was a big mistake IMO that leaves a VERY bitter taste in my mouth. This team will never ultimately win with Woody at the controls and until the ASG makes some real moves, we will keep treading water in mediocre land.

Quote:

on defense.

helpless that we are.

and be VERY competetive.

Even though your comments are sarcastic their is a lot of truth in them.

1st....Marvin can't chew gum and walk at the same time. Incredibly uncoordinated.

2nd..Zaza is to week to play downlow. The guy has no muscle which was evident if you watched the games during the year. How many time did he have the ball taken away from him, like taking candy from a baby. He needs muscle badly.

3rd...Josh can be a sourpuss. That being said I thought his effort this year was good even though it was inconsistent. I believe he is a coach killer. Scores 28 one game, 8 the next. Keeps throwing up bricks. Consistency makes it hard on a coach. That being said, a good player I would want on my team, but not my leader or star.

4thlll Joe Johnson. A professional. He is right that though the team needs some veterans. I want a guy like Shane Battier.

5th.. The Ownership is a travesty.

6th.. Woody does suck as a coach. But he is cheap which is why they have him.

All this being said there are a lot of positives.

1. Think what a good coach and owners could do with the current Hawks situation.

2. On Horford, I do believe his body can gain weight and he can be an effective Center in the league, he was good this year.

3. Joe is great.

4. Lots of good pieces on the team with minimal baggage and/or bad contracts. They are young so they should all improve.

My questions is how much could things improve had they just gotten rid of Woody? That is a joke.

Hawk88

• Premium Member

Quote:

You forgot that we finished 8 games under .500 and wouldn't have made the playoffs at all without help from other teams.

Have you noticed the trend and how it correlates with the continued maturity of our players? Your post suggest that we are an aging team with no room to grow. We were the youngest team in the playoffs last year and we did well. Certainly a better regular season record would have been nice but our team is not the same now that it was at the beginning of last season. Would guys at least acknowledge that Shelden Williams, T. Lue, A. Johnson, & L. Wright are no longer on the team and Bibby is. So we are evolving and not the stagnant team that you and many other posters suggest. If we add a serviceable big man like Brown and a shooter, we will take another step in the right direction.

Quote:

Quote:

You forgot that we finished 8 games under .500 and wouldn't have made the playoffs at all without help from other teams.

Have you noticed the trend and how it correlates with the continued maturity of our players? Your post suggest that we are an aging team with no room to grow. We were the youngest team in the playoffs last year and we did well. Certainly a better regular season record would have been nice but our team is not the same now that it was at the beginning of last season. Would guys at least acknowledge that Shelden Williams, T. Lue, A. Johnson, & L. Wright are no longer on the team and Bibby is. So we are evolving and not the stagnant team that you and many other posters suggest. If we add a serviceable big man like Brown and a shooter, we will take another step in the right direction.

Duh....I mentioned that we were a young team and should improve. That is a given. But you don't win with youth in the league. You have to get some veterans in. I think between Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and Josh Chilress we would win more games with swapping one of these guys for a veterans. A Shane Battier type.

Hawk88

• Premium Member

Quote:

Duh....I mentioned that we were a young team and should improve. That is a given. But you don't win with youth in the league. You have to get some veterans in. I think between Josh Smith, Marvin Williams and Josh Chilress we would win more games with swapping one of these guys for a veterans. A Shane Battier type.

Hawk88

Kind of a contradiction of sorts. You admit that we are improving but yet you want to change the pieces that are improving for a piece that is not improving.

Quote:

Quote:

Hawk88

Kind of a contradiction of sorts. You admit that we are improving but yet you want to change the pieces that are improving for a piece that is not improving.

It isn't hard to win more games every year when your starting point is 13 wins.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Didn't happen for the Bulls, they have regressed, So have the Knicks. There are a number of GMs in this league that would trade shoes with Sund if it were not for our ownership problems.

they didn't have the high picks we had.All the knicks picks went to the Bulls and the Bulls traded their #2 pick,which was the highest they had.WE have a 2nd,3rd,6th,11th pick,and a high schooler that was projected in the top 10.We had the 5th pick.we lucked into a couple of those picks.Look at the Blazers,they rebuilt alot quicker than we have and are better than our team is in the west already.

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't happen for the Bulls, they have regressed, So have the Knicks. There are a number of GMs in this league that would trade shoes with Sund if it were not for our ownership problems.

We are only 4 years removed from 13 wins. The Bulls won 13 in '99. The Bulls had seasons of 47 and 49 wins. We have a long way to go to get there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

they didn't have the high picks we had.All the knicks picks went to the Bulls and the Bulls traded their #2 pick,which was the highest they had.WE have a 2nd,3rd,6th,11th pick,and a high schooler that was projected in the top 10.We had the 5th pick.we lucked into a couple of those picks.Look at the Blazers,they rebuilt alot quicker than we have and are better than our team is in the west already.

You act like trailblazers are better than the hawks. They are not. The two team are even if anything. They may have swept us last year but we gave them both games!

The Bulls have had TWO #1 overall picks - Brand and Rose, THREE #2 overall picks Williams, Chandler & Aldridge (who was traded for Thomas), ONE #3 overall pick - Gordon and TWO #4 overall picks - Fizer and Curry.

Since '99, the Bulls have had EIGHT top 5 picks - Brand, Fizer, Curry, Chandler, Williams, Gordon, Thomas and Rose. We have had 4 (Horford, Marvin, Shelden and what should have been Gasol).

Quote:

Quote:

You act like trailblazers are better than the hawks. They are not.

The Blazers won 41 games in a far tougher conference without their number 1 pick, Oden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You act like trailblazers are better than the hawks. They are not.

The Blazers won 41 games in a far tougher conference without their number 1 pick, Oden.

The hawks won 40 game!