• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ripping the current Hawks - - WOW!!

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they didn't have the high picks we had.All the knicks picks went to the Bulls and the Bulls traded their #2 pick,which was the highest they had.WE have a 2nd,3rd,6th,11th pick,and a high schooler that was projected in the top 10.We had the 5th pick.we lucked into a couple of those picks.Look at the Blazers,they rebuilt alot quicker than we have and are better than our team is in the west already.

You act like trailblazers are better than the hawks. They are not.

The Blazers won 41 games in a far tougher conference without their number 1 pick, Oden.

The hawks won 40 game!

Going by your formula, we also lost 49 and they only lost 41.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they didn't have the high picks we had.All the knicks picks went to the Bulls and the Bulls traded their #2 pick,which was the highest they had.WE have a 2nd,3rd,6th,11th pick,and a high schooler that was projected in the top 10.We had the 5th pick.we lucked into a couple of those picks.Look at the Blazers,they rebuilt alot quicker than we have and are better than our team is in the west already.

The Blazers won 41 games in a far tougher conference without their number 1 pick, Oden.

The hawks won 40 game!

mwahaha.gifmwahaha.gifmwahaha.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Thought that you would get a kick out of that. But even you have to admit that some of the issues last year were not just talent but coaching also. Plus toward the end of the season we were a different team with Bibby.

Quote:

Quote:

You act like trailblazers are better than the hawks. They are not. The two team are even if anything. They may have swept us last year but we gave them both games!

I would trade the Hawks roster for the Trailblazers in a second. Talent wise they are loaded.

Hawk88

Quote:

Quote:

Thought that you would get a kick out of that. But even you have to admit that some of the issues last year were not just talent but coaching also. Plus toward the end of the season we were a different team with Bibby.

Our offense was better with Bibby but our defense was worse. We had an easy schedule coming in and some teams had already packed it in for the season.

We still have the same coach so those problems will probably continue.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody might grow and get better. At least that is what I hope happens. He has admitted some errors of the past so I will cut him some slack for now.

Quote:

Quote:

I would trade the Hawks roster for the Trailblazers in a second. Talent wise they are loaded.

Hawk88

I call it the grass is greener syndrome but we shall see what happens this season!

It would take a homer to pick the Hawks over the Trailblazers talent wise.

Bibby/Law/Claxton vs. Blake,Bayless,S. Rodriguez

Johnson vs. Roy/Webster/Fernandez

M.Williams/Childress vs. Outlaw

J. Smith vs. Aldredge/Lafrentz/Diogu

Horford/Zaza vs. Oden/Prizbilla/Frye

ch. Woodson vs. Nate Mcmillan

Maybe it's just me but I like their matchups almost every spot, certainly most of them. But maybe the grass is greener.

Hawk88

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again, FACTS get in the way. Some of you need to get your prescriptions checked. Your Rose-Colored glasses are getting too thick. We're even with the Blazers even though they swept us AND won more games in a harder conference? Ohhkaay. Right, and Marvin is super athletic.

Quote:

Quote:

Umm, did you notice we have the same coach with an even less expereinced staff?

Yeah, we were a differenct team with Bibby alright. Our defense went from below average to horrid. I still can't find any logic as to how some of you think we'll be so much better this year in, what should be, a much deeper conference. Same team, same coach (staff is worse) does not equate to more wins. Not in any significant amount anyway.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe it's just me but I like their matchups almost every spot, certainly most of them. But maybe the grass is greener.

Hawk88

Like i said, we shall see this up coming season!

Quote:

Quote:

He has admitted some errors of the past so I will cut him some slack for now.

Reminds me of a couple of old sayings..."You can hope in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which one gets filled first".

or

..."Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." What's it say about three and four times? Never made it that far. splat.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Hawk88

Like i said, we shall see this up coming season!

And I personally hope you (and others) are right. I'm just going to take the "I'll believe it when I see it approach."

• Premium Member

Quote:

Umm, did you notice we have the same coach with an even less expereinced staff?

Yeah, we were a differenct team with Bibby alright. Our defense went from below average to horrid. I still can't find any logic as to how some of you think we'll be so much better this year in, what should be, a much deeper conference. Same team, same coach (staff is worse) does not equate to more wins. Not in any significant amount anyway.

Maybe it me but I don't think that the above statements qualifies you as an objective person taking a wait and see approach.

• Premium Member

Quote:

PG: Bibby vs any PG on that roster -
advantage Bibby

G: JJ vs Roy -
advantage JJ

F: Marvin vs Webster -
advantage Marvin

PF: Smith vs Aldridge -
advantage Smith

C: Horford vs Oden -
advantage Horford . . . until Oden proves otherwise and until he can stay healthy

Bench:
advantage Portland

I was going to do the same but obviously that poster has the grass is greener syndrome so it would not have convinced him. Even if you pulled up the stats, he wouldn't accept them.

Quote:

advantage Bibby

advantage JJ

advantage Marvin

advantage Smith

advantage Horford . . . until Oden proves otherwise and until he can stay healthy

Sorry, but you are clearly a blind homer with that type of analysis.

Hawk88

Bench:
advantage Portland

Quote:

advantage Bibby

advantage JJ

advantage Marvin

advantage Smith

Bench:
advantage Portland

So you wouldn't trade Bibby for Bayless or Horford for Oden (disregarding salaries)?

Given that Roy made the All-Star team in his second season in a much tougher conference the gap between him and JJ (if there is one) isn't very big.

the 3 spot is their weakness but it is also the easiest spot to fill on a roster.