• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smoove to be traded?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Who wrote this, just some dude that reads SI.com and comes up with theories from it or is this actually someone with some inside info?

Yeah.

But think about the situation.

Right after bringing in SMoove. LAC tries a deal with NY for Randolph and then at the last minute pull the plug and soon after trades for Camby.

Now when you consider the makeup of LAC's team as is... they have: BDiddy, Thornton, and Kaman. They also drafted DeAndre Jordan. Their need is really PF and SG. They pick up Camby. Camby is not going to play PF. Why would they stop Smoove negotiations and possibility for Camby?

My feeling is that they can match camby with Jordan and have their C and trade Kaman.

Quote:

It doesn't sound like anyone that has inside info to me. I'm sure there are numerous SnT offers on Sund's desk and something like this might be one of them, but I seriously doubt that this guy has any clue.

If you were talking about me . . . . . you're right. I am clueless.

Quote:

Quote:

Where is the link? I know it's a Blog but still..... Dang, this MB kills me with statements but show no
PROOF
as in
LINK

In other words... You didn't believe me? Wow... I'm no that I may have some extreme views... but why would I lie about a blog??

Anyway...

So that you will be content.

He makes some good points about the mentoring. If Smith is not open minded he can have the best teacher in the world and not get it. And Woody is by no means the best.

Quote:

Quote:

Where is the link? I know it's a Blog but still..... Dang, this MB kills me with statements but show no
PROOF
as in
LINK

In other words... You didn't believe me? Wow... I'm no that I may have some extreme views... but why would I lie about a blog??

Anyway...

So that you will be content.

No I don't trust anything you say... LMAO

No man, it's MB Etiquette unwritten rule. whistling.gif

How bout' this one......

Kaman/Thomas for Speedy/Smoove

Here's why each team does it.

Smoove is a huge crowd favorite and one of the most gifted young men in the NBA, but his attitude has been in question at times, which has caused some heated discussions about his character and possible stubborness. Horford played much of the year at Center where he is slightly undersized. Mike Woodson would prefer a legit center (note comments about Kwame Brown and Randolph Morris working out for the Hawks). This trade gives the Hawks a true starting center and a big man (Thomas) who can stretch defenses by shooting the 3. His % was down considerably from his career averages, but he still put up over 12PPG last season. Hawks new lineup would be:

Bibby

Johnson

Williams

Horford

Kaman

Bench: Law/Childress/Thomas/Pachulia/Richardson/Jones/West.......

The Hawks could still afford to make a move for a guy like Kwame Brown and/or Randolph Morris. They could also sign a 3rd string PG (maybe the scrappy little guy playing on their Summer League Team right now).

The Clippers begin building themselves as the running team of the West, but with defense! Camby and Smoove would give them a deadly downlow defense. Baron Davis might be more comfortable with the uptempo style, but since neither Camby or Smith have devastating post games, they can utilize Baron's ability to post up on smaller guards. Their new lineup could look something like this.....

Davis

Mobley

Thornton

Smith

Camby

Bench: Claxton/Powell/Azubuike..........

They would still need some size off the bench, but they've got talent in their starting lineup as well as a few talented young bench players.

Quote:

Now when you consider the makeup of LAC's team as is... they have: BDiddy, Thornton, and Kaman. They also drafted DeAndre Jordan. Their need is really PF and SG. They pick up Camby.
Camby is not going to play PF. Why would they stop Smoove negotiations and possibility for Camby?

My feeling is that they can match camby with Jordan and have their C and trade Kaman.

Camby's natural position is probably PF anyway. He's a little too thin to handle the big centers. He can still get his block shots, but decent scoring centers usually have little trouble scoring on Camby.

Offensively, Camby's game is pretty much the 12 - 18 foot jumper. He essentially plays like a PF, even though he plays center.

Put him beside Kaman, and you have a good defensive frontline. Camby also doesn't take potential shots away from Kaman. The same wouldn't be true if they added Smith.

If Dunleavy likes the prospect of adding Camby's defense to the mix, I could easily see the Clips not doing anything else. Camby's presence also gives them an athletic center to play against those teams that like to run and gun.

I think the Clips are out of the Smith sweepstakes.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Camby's natural position is probably PF anyway. He's a little too thin to handle the big centers.

I think the Clips are out of the Smith sweepstakes.

The CSH'ers already know this but are going to keep posting these trades anyway in hopes that ownership/GM would read these boards and get rid of Smith. Or at the very least start to turn the rest of the culture here against Smith like some have done with Marvin.

Quote:

Quote:

This trade is perfect for us IF we get the Kaman of last year, or at least close to it. For the first time in a decade we will have a complete roster with a traditional 1-5 and all of them will have good size for their position.

You talk out of both sides of you mouth! On the one hand you say I'm a hater when I suggest it may be a good trade and on the other you say it is perfect.

In reality I like Smith and realize that he is a 22 yr old kid. I have a 22 yr old daughter and part of her is still very much a kid. He's growing up and i think this process will HELP HIM GROW UP SOME MORE.

Part of what makes us mature is learning to be patient and delay gratification. both of which he's going through. I'm sure he had hopes of signing a huge contract in a matter of days . . . . . meanwhile back in the real world . . . . . things don't work that way.

I believe when the dust is settled and Josh is re-signed, he will thrive in a very very warm environment. Management needs to protect and support JSmith in the way Dan Reeves supported Vick when he was drafted. Hopefully the Hawks recognize Blanks error in pulling Vick's supports away. JSmith has a very different support system (than Vick had) in place (outside of the Hawks), but the Hawks need to protect the investment.

I believe JSmith will be relieved upon signing and will thankfully produce immediately and return the investment ten-fold.

• Premium Member

I wish everyone would stop comparing Smith to Vick. I say this because I've been reading posts comparing the two more and more around here. Their careers/situations have NOTHING to do with each other. I'm not even sure if Josh has a criminal record or given any indication that he has off the court problems. The only issue Smith has had, which has been getting beaten to death around here lately, is that he does not always see eye to eye with Woodson. But most of the posts around here make Woodson seem borderline retarded, so why is everyone so concerned about their relationship all of the sudden? Maybe everyone should just calm down rather than listening to all of the rumors and speculation. It's as if everyone here would rather focus on the negative in the absence of any credible information.

Quote:

I wish everyone would stop comparing Smith to Vick. I say this because I've been reading posts comparing the two more and more around here. Their careers/situations have NOTHING to do with each other. I'm not even sure if Josh has a criminal record or given any indication that he has off the court problems. The only issue Smith has had, which has been getting beaten to death around here lately, is that he does not always see eye to eye with Woodson. But most of the posts around here make Woodson seem borderline retarded, so why is everyone so concerned about their relationship all of the sudden? Maybe everyone should just calm down rather than listening to all of the rumors and speculation. It's as if everyone here would rather focus on the negative in the absence of any credible information.

No one is comparing Vick and Smoove as people or players they are saying how neither is valued enough by the fans.

Quote:

My post is directed to the Hawks. JSmith and the Hawks have the opportunity to have a long and fruitful relationship. The Hawks really need to support the investment verses How the falcons failed in supporting their investment. The Hawks are at the cusp of something special. The Falcons looked away and lost their Collective Minds

• Premium Member

Quote:

Camby's natural position is probably PF anyway. He's a little too thin to handle the big centers. He can still get his block shots, but decent scoring centers usually have little trouble scoring on Camby.

Camby's natural position was PF when he came out of UMASS about 18 years ago. He's not that anymore. Have you watched him?? Had you watched the past playoffs you would have noted that Camby can't. He's a rebounding, shotblocking Center. I thought i was watching Tree Rollins.

Quote:

Quote:

Camby's natural position was PF when he came out of UMASS about 18 years ago. He's not that anymore. Have you watched him?? Had you watched the past playoffs you would have noted that Camby can't. He's a rebounding, shotblocking Center. I thought i was watching Tree Rollins.

Well Camby is a terrible man defender at any position because he doesn't really try, but he's better with the quick-ish players than with the post players. He just isn't strong enough to keep dudes out of position and since he doesn't try anyway, well its usually not pretty when Camby has to body someone up.

The Clippers are going to have GREAT shotblocking and defensive rebounding. They are going to get murdered on the PnR though because Kaman is slow as hell and Camby never ever ever ever shows. On offense those two will be fine together because Kaman is a low post-ish player and Camby is a midrange jumper shooter, most of that team's offense will come from the backcourt though.