• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress weighing offer from Greek team

wfhawkfan

If ASG let's Childress play in Europe, this will definately prove their character and their commitment in winning. Obviously, "being on the cheap" and letting their best 6th man leave for nothing would simply be embarrassing. We would be set back in terms of growth and our bench would have no depth outside of Childress.

Trading J.Smoove in response to Childress' departure would hinder the makeup of our team and more importantly, the chemistry we're trying to build.

ASG better get serious in the coming weeks. If they keep dragging out this signing process, the Hawks will be in deep trouble and it all starts with management!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Drew Barry was just on 790 the Zone and talked about playing in Europe. He basically said it's not as glamorious as people are making it out to be. He also said that some teams are notorious for not paying their players and that the Greek teams were some of the worst.

This is true. They often try to withhold money when guys are hurt, or they feel that they arent playing up to par. I cant see that happening with Chillz, though, because of the high profile nature of the case. This will get so much attention from the media that it would be a PR disaster for the Greek team if it went publicly sour. I dont think they'd play around with his money.

I guess its successful enough to stay on the team. The hawks have been bottom dwellers in the NBA for the last 10 years, and those guys couldn't even make our roster. What does that say about the strength of their league?

I'm sure Europe has a few good teams; some of them may even be able to compete in the NBA, but the league overall is probably not that good. IMO this makes anything accomplished there less impressive. You have certain countries that can afford to pay big money, and they will win because of it.