• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who here has simply had enough of the Hawks Org?

gsuteke

Seriously. Raise your hands.

I think the members of this board are deserving of a thread in which they can rant about these Morons that run the Atlanta Hawks

WTF is next?

Just when you think you've endured it all these @ssholes find another way to slap you in the face!

Quote:

*raises hand*

Where are their offices??? I'm going in...

We'll provide Cover Fire

Quote:

Can you seriously say they "run" the hawks?

Sure.... into the Ground

Quote:

I keep thinking they can't top themselves but they always seem to.

F***ING
Amazing.

Lets go over the blunders of the last couple months

1. Kept Woodson

2. Hired failed GM Rick Sund

3. Haven't re-signed Smoove

4. About to let Chillz go to Greece

5. Haven't signed any free agents

6. Didn't bring over David Andersen

7. Haven't signed Marvin to any extention thus will repeat this same garbage next season

This is since April. We have the worst owners in the history of basketball.

Please tell me what major RFA have signed offer sheets or contracts this offseason? How many signed last offseason to extensions? Only extensions were K-Mart and Dwight.

Its standard operation for restricted free agency. Don't get your panties bunched up because we are right now in the dullest months of the year.

Quote:

Please tell me what major RFA have signed offer sheets or contracts this offseason? How many signed last offseason to extensions? Only extensions were K-Mart and Dwight.

Its standard operation for restricted free agency. Don't get your panties bunched up because we are right now in the dullest months of the year.

Al Jefferson signed an extension last off-season as well.

Quote:

Seriously. Raise your hands.

I think the members of this board are deserving of a thread in which they can rant about these Morons that run the Atlanta Hawks

WTF is next?

Just when you think you've
endured
it all these @ssholes find another way to slap you in the face!

I think the only major plunder of the last few months was retaining Woody (although my confidence in Sund is not high). Everything else is a byproduct of previous off-season miscalculations/mistakes.

Too me though, the biggest problem with the Hawks organization is the owners themselves. Obviously they do not get along as a group and the "Spirit" faction has been taken behind the woodshet a few times to many by Belkin - which makes me think they probably don't know what they are going.

It sucks, but what are you going to do. Hopefully they pull things together and sign the two Joshes and then get some veteran bench help.

If not for the horrible ownerships we have been stuck with through the years. Sure you can blame the fans for their part. We have been stuck with horrible ownerships throughout the history of sports in this city.

I have had it with this ownership as well. I try my best to give them the benefit of doubt. Just look at the Thrashers. Thrashers are loaded with caproom. They have only made one signing of semi important. Rest of their signings are a bunch of scrubs. Now with the Hawks our key FAs no longer want to be here.

Seriously what the hell did we do to deserve so much bulls### in this city when it comes to sports? violin-1.gif

Quote:

Well answer this genius. Why haven't we heard Iguodala, or Okafor or Louis Williams threaten to sign anywhere else or even leave the freaking country? In fact, I haven't even heard of Igodala even visiting another team.

Why haven't they? They have different representation who is not as abbrasive as Josh and Josh's representation. Smoove hasn't threatened to go to another team, we only hear rumors that he is unhappy with the process. Childress is just going to visit, he hasn't threatened to leave yet. Its called leverage.

You are taking a side story and running with it. Have you ever paid attention to restricted free agency? If so, you would realize this is just standard. Ever heard of patience?

I forgot about Jefferson. Minnesota had to resign him for sure though, you can't trade away KG for a young star and then not sign him long-term. They would have alienated their whole fan-base if that was the case.

The only real difference this offseason is Childress having strong interest in Europe and the influx of NBA-caliber players to Europe. We had a similar situation with Charlie Bell last offseason, so the only difference is its a much more recognizable player. People want to flip out about a report that might happen but probably won't. It makes more sense for Childress to take the QO because once he gets finished playing in Europe (assuming he wants to come back) the Hawks still have him in RFA.

Quote:

It makes more sense for Childress to take the QO because once he gets finished playing in Europe (assuming he wants to come back) the Hawks still have him in RFA.

Not if he stays for all 3 years, right? He's UFA then. Unlikely, yes, but possible....

No, so long as we always offer Childress a Qualifying Offer he is a RFA for the NBA. So once he plays out the FIBA contract, he can attempt to sign with someone in the NBA but it would have to be through an offer sheet.

If Childress becomes the first American player with any significant ability to walk away from an NBA team for a FIBA contract, there will be a lot of undesired consequences. We all recognize it will make the Hawks look like idiots, but I think he also runs the risk of being unofficially blacklisted by the NBA.

Think about it...if he becomes the first talented American player to leave the NBA for a Euroleague contract, any NBA team that signs him to an offer sheet would be, in essence, condoning this option. If anything, they want to discourage it. I think league execs could blacklist him just to make an example out of him to discourage other players from doing the same.

I don't think he would be blacklisted. First off, that would be pretty easy to prove as collusion whether you want to call it unofficial or official. Second, there are enough teams in the NBA that know they need to get better and signing Childress would make them better so they would do it.

I don't see a blacklisting at all. If we do see that, then it wouldn't be with Childress it would be with Brandon Jennings because next year he will be eligible in the draft. Childress wouldn't be eligible to sign a contract in the NBA until after the draft.