• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uh oh.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...827106&start=45

Quote:

Just aired on European sports television. Josh Childress SIGNED a 3 years $20 million net contract that is equal to a 3 years $33 million gross NBA contract with the Greek league club Olympiacos Piraeus. There it is! Childress got the equal of an $11 million a year NBA contract from a Greek club.

He arrived at 10 to Athens and officially signed the contract. Report is the only way Childress does not play in Greece next year is if "something totally unforeseen happens from here on out".

This guy is far from reputable, but it's not looking good.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Congrats to him on the signing. Have fun trying to explain this one ASG. I know Chill isn't worth that contract but we lost him for nothing.

IF that is true, and I stress IF, there is nothing ASG could have done unless they found a team willing to pay Josh Childress (gulp) $11m a year with options. If ASG had signed off on that type of contract, I'd be as pissed as I am about that fact that he's leaving for nothing.

On the other hand, I have a hard time believing that anyone would pay that much money for Josh Childress.

What could we have done? No way would we or ANY NBA team come even remotely close to matching an offer like that. It seems to me that Childress was more interested in the money than anything else. I can't hate on him for wanting to get paid, but it sucks as a fan of the Hawks.

what does it mean what i heard earlier about somethign to do with 3 years...does that mean he stays with us for 3 years THEN he goes because he's a restricted free agent?

what does this mean to us...we have to get something out of this deal by the NBA due to us losing a restricted free agent(no matter where)...as in extra cap space without hitting luxury cap..or something...someone help a brutha out.

Quote:

Quote:

Just aired on European sports television. Josh Childress SIGNED a 3 years $20 million net contract that is equal to a 3 years $33 million gross NBA contract with the Greek league club Olympiacos Piraeus. There it is! Childress got the equal of an $11 million a year NBA contract from a Greek club.

He arrived at 10 to Athens and officially signed the contract. Report is the only way Childress does not play in Greece next year is if "something totally unforeseen happens from here on out".

Boy I hope that is not true.

Could the ASG/Sund have alienated Childress that badly?

I just wish we would have know of this last week when there were still some serviceable wing replacement on the market.

Losing Chillz is no heartbreaker.

The heartbreaker is that all of the good FA wings are taken. Gone are Petrius, Jones, Barnes, Posey..................are Finley and Azubuiki still out there ?

Looks like both Richardson and Luke Jackson may make the team as wings. We won't be as atheltic but at least they can shoot.

Maybe there is a light at the end of the this thing. Maybe now we can cough up some dough by splitting the MLE on a good shooter and a big like K. Brown/ Morris who could add depth to the roster.

Good luck Chillz ! The Mediterranean is awsome ! He will have a blast out there !

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think it would take much alienation to make him accept a deal that would net him almost double what he could make here.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has nothing to do with Sund or the ASG alienating Chillz.

In today's market and with the reality that we are in a recession the most Chillz could hope for in the American market was the MLE at about $6 mill a year.

Kudos to Chillz for being creative and flexible in finding a way to make some money that no American team would have ever paid him. (If the $11 mill a year statement is true.)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It has nothing to do with Sund or the ASG alienating Chillz.

In today's market and with the reality that we are in a recession the most Chillz could hope for in the American market was the MLE at about $6 mill a year.

Kudos to Chillz for being creative and flexible in finding a way to make some money that no American team would have ever paid him. (If the $11 mill a year statement is true.)

I guess we will see if Childress opens the flood gates.

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...06&start=45

Quote:

From another poster in that thread.

Quote:

It hasn't been announced yet but apparently Childress is very serious.
He had 20 suitcases with him when he arrived in Athens.