mrhonline

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

While it sucks for us you can't really blame anyone for this one

However, is it just a coincidence that our QB is the 1st to go to Federal Prison in the middle of his prime and we lose the 1st Major American born FA in his Prime to Europe

LOL

Childress might have gotten himself blackballed by signing this contract. I just can't see any NBA team wanting to sign him if this is true.

Now we must move on to Josh Smith and see what other free agents we can go after now that we don't have to worry about signing Childress.

Quote:

LOL

However, is it just a coincidence that our QB is the 1st to go to Federal Prison in the middle of his prime and we lose the 1st Major American born FA in his Prime to Europe

LOL

Being an Atlanta fan sure is an adventure.

MAYBE we could have gotten something in return for him. I tend to think that we could have, but if was able to get 11 million per there, why on Earth would he accept a deal in the NBA for far less? If we didn't have the option of SnT'ing him then there's nothing we could have done.

Quote:

what does it mean what i heard earlier about somethign to do with 3 years...does that mean he stays with us for 3 years THEN he goes because he's a restricted free agent?

what does this mean to us...we have to get something out of this deal by the NBA due to us losing a restricted free agent(no matter where)...as in extra cap space without hitting luxury cap..or something...someone help a brutha out.

lol6.gif

Boy, you have me rolling.... I read your post and then saw Barney's picture and I pictured Barney Fife speaking your post. LMAO

Quote:

Quote:

LOL

LOL

Tell me about it......especially sense the braves run is over too

Being an Atlanta fan sure is an adventure.

Quote:

Childress might have gotten himself blackballed by signing this contract. I just can't see any NBA team wanting to sign him if this is true.

Now we must move on to Josh Smith and see what other free agents we can go after now that we don't have to worry about signing Childress.

Just goes to show how much it truly is the ASG's fault. These type of contracts get offered yearly. However, an ASG player is the first to actually defect. You guys are making it seem like he left solely based on $$$$. They ALWAYS offer more money, but for a legit NBA starter to play overseas (out of the NBA and out of their dream) there is MORE to this story.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Mabey we can go after J.R. Smith to replace Childress...oh wait this is the ASG so they'll just sit back and do nothing.

That guy's a head case.

Sasha Vujacic or Matt Barnes on a large, one-year deal would be my targets.

Quote:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php...827106&start=45

Quote:

Just aired on European sports television. Josh Childress SIGNED a 3 years $20 million net contract that is equal to a 3 years $33 million gross NBA contract with the Greek league club Olympiacos Piraeus. There it is! Childress got the equal of an $11 million a year NBA contract from a Greek club.

He arrived at 10 to Athens and officially signed the contract. Report is the only way Childress does not play in Greece next year is if "something totally unforeseen happens from here on out".

This guy is far from reputable, but it's not looking good.

I can't find that quote on that page cant%20believe.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Wow

FYI, the other rumor is that Ben Gordon is considering a similar, two-year deal from the same Greek team. Gordon should do that because he should know he's nothing more than a bench player in the NBA anyway.