• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uh oh.

mrhonline

Quote:

Quote:

Mabey we can go after J.R. Smith to replace Childress...oh wait this is the ASG so they'll just sit back and do nothing.

That guy's a head case.

Sasha Vujacic or Matt Barnes on a large, one-year deal would be my targets.

He's good though and would give us a legit scoring threat from the bench.

Matt Barnes signed a vet minimum deal with the Suns so he is out of the question.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if its true, I think people will have to rethink contracts from now on in the NBA. The RFA clause needs to be re-worked to protect the team. In the future in instances such as this the Hawks should hold Chillz rights indefinitely until he completes or they renounce his final year before UFA.

If this does happen, I really wonder if the NBA will rewrite the FA rules to prevent this from happening in the future. This seems like it could open the flood gates for a lot of players to leave for Europe. B/c of the cap and luxury tax rules, no team can really afford to pay a player like Chill 10-11 mill a year. Thus, a lot of players who might only be able to get the MLE here, will go to Europe for more. That's a BIG problem for the NBA.

So, will there be a "Josh Childress rule"? I think there will be.

And, lol at a Josh Childress rule.

1) The national media is gonna blame the Hawks "inept" front office.

While I agree our FO is pretty inept, NO TEAM in the league could rightfully give Chill a contract as big as what he is getting from the Greek team. With the cap and luxury tax rules, there's no way any team can pay guys like Chill 10-11 mill a year. This is a problem with the system, not our FO per se. Under the fiancial rules of the NBA, it's just not feasible to spend that kind of money on Chill.

2) The big one -- This just made a Josh Smith sign-and-trade all the more intriuging/likely

While we now have more money to throw at Smoove, we also have more needs. Before we had Chill holding down 35 minutes at the backup 2 and 3 spots (thus trading for a sf like Prince or Howard didnt make much sense). I think a Smoove sign and trade for Prince/Maxiell/etc or Howard/Bass/etc just got a lot more likely. Clearly we need another quality wing player.

• Premium Member

Quote:

1) The national media is gonna blame the Hawks "inept" front office.

While I agree our FO is pretty inept, NO TEAM in the league could rightfully give Chill a contract as big as what he is getting from the Greek team. With the cap and luxury tax rules, there's no way any team can pay guys like Chill 10-11 mill a year. This is a problem with the system, not our FO per se. Under the fiancial rules of the NBA, it's just not feasible to spend that kind of money on Chill.

2) The big one -- This just made a Josh Smith sign-and-trade all the more intriuging/likely

While we now have more money to throw at Smoove, we also have more needs. Before we had Chill holding down 35 minutes at the backup 2 and 3 spots (thus trading for a sf like Prince or Howard didnt make much sense). I think a Smoove sign and trade for Prince/Maxiell/etc or Howard/Bass/etc just got a lot more likely. Clearly we need another quality wing player.

Here's the bottom line. IF our Inept FO would have given him an offer to sign instead of dilly dally, he would have signed it.

Quote:

I have little to no faith the Hawks can pull off a deal that would leave them with the upper hand.

Unfortunately Marvin isn't a few inches taller or the Prince situation would work.

Best case scenario now:

Smoove to LAC for Kaman allowing Marvin to play the SF and moving Horford to PF.

We still have no shooters.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Here's the bottom line. IF our Inept FO would have given him an offer to sign instead of dilly dally, he would have signed it.

No win situation for ASG! If they had signed Childress to a 5/35 the board would have exploded! they offer him less and signs in Greece, the board explodes!

Quote:

From how I understand it, it seems the Greek team is giving him more money than ANY NBA team would be willing to. He also gets some nice clauses in his contract that allows him to come back to the NBA if the market gets better for him. Also, he just became 50X more well known in basketball circles around the world.

This seems like a no-win for us.

(I still wont believe it until it's official... I still have a feeling this is all for leverage).

Quote:

Quote:

Another guy to consider is Ricky Davis.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davis = Cancer.

Davis is a cancer, STD, and leukemia.

Sasha Vujajic!!!!! We need somebody like him anyways...I would be thrilled to no end if we got him, Kwame, and Smoove and maybe Luke Jackson.

Oh, and F the greeks. (echooooo...)