• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uh oh.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Quote:

RealGM poster is the source? That almost carries negative credibility for me.

I will wait until we actually see some solid news about this, its an obvious possibility. And when this guy says it is $33 million gross NBA contract that seems a little high. Like I said earlier, it isn't taxed so it is like earning $20 million after taxes.

If you go to RealGM front page, you will see a link... to a foriegn page (basketground) or something like that.

It could be legit.

We've squandered chillz.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FEAR NOT!!!

Our 6th Man Would be ZaZa Pachulia!!!

this would totally suck...If Chillz is gone, I would have to consider trading Bibby for a package of 2 players...maybe a lower tier PG and a bench wing. OKC has Wilkins and Watson/Ridnour plus fillers to make things work under the cap.

hi,i'm greek and an olympiakos' fan.i don't know what you think but greek basketball league and european basketball as well are not [censored] qatar.you know..in football(soccer for you people) great players usually sign contracts with teams which are pathetic just for the money.no.olympiakos has a great team and also has panathinaikos.we have players like papaloukas,schortsanitis,vujcic,greer and very soon josh.so you need to know that the level in europe is outstanding.i read in another topic that childress will be the king here.that's not true.he will be equal to the other 15 players and one of them.teams are way more important than players.players leave teams,but teams always stay.so support the hawks.hawks are not childress,neither smith or bibby.hawks are you guys.bye

Quote:

hi,i'm greek and an olympiakos' fan.i don't know what you think but greek basketball league and european basketball as well are not [censored] qatar.you know..in football(soccer for you people) great players usually sign contracts with teams which are pathetic just for the money.no.olympiakos has a great team and also has panathinaikos.we have players like papaloukas,schortsanitis,vujcic,greer and very soon josh.so you need to know that the level in europe is outstanding.i read in another topic that childress will be the king here.that's not true.he will be equal to the other 15 players and one of them.teams are way more important than players.players leave teams,but teams always stay.so support the hawks.hawks are not childress,neither smith or bibby.hawks are you guys.bye

Give us links, details. Not speculation.

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

I can think of a hell of a lot worse gigs than playing pro basketball in Greece for a sh*tload of money. It's beautiful there, right there on the Mediterranean like that, gorgeous women, great food, earning a Euro that is much stronger than the dollar....I mean, why not? And these European teams generally treat their players right, giving them luxury apartments, cars, whatever. They get a lot of additional sugar on top of the money they're being paid.

If I were in his shoes, I'd probably do it too- just for the adventure of it and the opportunity to live in an entirely different culture like that, and the travel opportunities too. You only live once, right? Why not try and experience as much of the world as possible? I believe he can always come back to the NBA- and no, I strongly disagree with the notion that he would somehow be 'blacklisted' by NBA execs. Look, the guy didn't kill anybody. He committed no illegal act. He's apparently a highly coachable, well-liked and well-respected player....so why on earth would he be blacklisted by the NBA if and when he wants to come back? All he and his agent did was get creative and decide to circumvent the system altogether- which there's nothing wrong with in my opinion, and which was bound to eventually happen anyway. That was a loop-hole a mile wide, and a hole which would have inevitably been exploited. If he goes, Chillz will be the first- but he will hardly be the last. I mean now, Europe could be a realistic option for anyone. They've got money like that to throw around, why not Deng, or Igoudala, or whomever?

Quote:

Quote:

I will wait until we actually see some solid news about this, its an obvious possibility. And when this guy says it is $33 million gross NBA contract that seems a little high. Like I said earlier, it isn't taxed so it is like earning $20 million after taxes.

If you go to RealGM front page, you will see a link... to a foriegn page (basketground) or something like that.

It could be legit.

We've squandered chillz.

That is a different link you are talking about D. The one MrH posted at the beginning of this thread was from a thread on RealGM where a poster claimed to have seen on European Television that Childress signed...he provided no link.

Also, the link at the front of RealGM goes to a Yahoo!Sports column and not a foreign website.

Quote:

I can think of a hell of a lot worse gigs than playing pro basketball in Greece for a sh*tload of money. It's beautiful there, right there on the Mediterranean like that, gorgeous women, great food, earning a Euro that is much stronger than the dollar....I mean, why not? And these European teams generally treat their players right, giving them luxury apartments, cars, whatever. They get a lot of additional sugar on top of the money they're being paid.

If I were in his shoes, I'd probably do it too- just for the adventure of it and the opportunity to live in an entirely different culture like that, and the travel opportunities too. You only live once, right? Why not try and experience as much of the world as possible? I believe he can always come back to the NBA- and no, I strongly disagree with the notion that he would somehow be 'blacklisted' by NBA execs. Look, the guy didn't kill anybody. He committed no illegal act. He's apparently a highly coachable, well-liked and well-respected player....so why on earth would he be blacklisted by the NBA if and when he wants to come back? All he and his agent did was get creative and decide to circumvent the system altogether- which there's nothing wrong with in my opinion, and which was bound to eventually happen anyway. That was a loop-hole a mile wide, and a hole which would have inevitably been exploited. If he goes, Chillz will be the first- but he will hardly be the last. I mean now, Europe could be a realistic option for anyone. They've got money like that to throw around, why not Deng, or Igoudala, or whomever?

QFT. Actually sometimes those European league teams are sketchy, trying to withhold guys money if they dont think they are playing up to par. But I'm sure Chillz wont have to worry about that. Sounds like a great situation for him. If this goes through, he has flipped RFA on end.

Too bad we are the ones without a chair to sit in when the music stops....Stern definitely needs to address this going forward. If this goes down, we are just sitting here stuck with no compensation for a big cog on our team, while still hurting from his caphold. Sonofabitch! ATL is cursed

The caphold doesn't hurt us now. If we didn't have the caphold we would still be over the cap. However in the future it could hinder us but we should only address that once we get to that point in time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The caphold doesn't hurt us now. If we didn't have the caphold we would still be over the cap. However in the future it could hinder us but we should only address that once we get to that point in time.

What is Childress' cap hold amount again?

If this is true it figures how many other NBA teams get raided by European teams? Few if any and now we lose Childress for nothing. Damn BK for even drafting him just another step back for the organization even if they sign Smoove. All the other teams get stronger in the draft and the Hawk's lose their best 6th man. To bad other teams can't lose good players to the European league.What I mean soild NBA players not cast offs who can't make it in the NBA so they go to Europe.

All those BK draft choices are coming home to roost now especially if Marvin can't progress. we trade Shellhead for Bibby which will lose to free agency after next year, lose Chills for nothing and if Marvin can't progress or he just may split also when someone offers outrageous money for questionable talent then the Hawk's would be 0-3 in top draft choices. I know this is pessimistic but come on this team needs a break yet it seems to take a hit when things might turn around for the organization.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It could be legit.

We've squandered chillz.

That is a different link you are talking about D. The one MrH posted at the beginning of this thread was from a thread on RealGM where a poster claimed to have seen on European Television that Childress signed...he provided no link.

Also, the link at the front of RealGM goes to a Yahoo!Sports column and not a foreign website.

Hoopshype

Quote:

A source told BasketGround that Josh Childress accepted a three year deal with Olympiacos in the afternoon. As reported, the Reds will pay more that any offer Childress could receive from an NBA franchise.

Basketground

• Premium Member

Quote:

Childress's caphold does not count towards the Luxury Tax.

Next year, when we renounce Bibby, Solo and Zaza ($21.00 Mil).. It will.

The reason it won't now is because we have the QO which last until Oct 2 and by then WE HOPE to have Smoove signed.