• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fans need to calm down

TheNorthCydeRises

Swish, I think there are only 3 Hawk fans in Tennessee . . lol.

But back to the topic, we have to try to play this right. A guy like Smith might be disgruntled of how slow things are going, but this is pretty much standard procedure for the NBA free agency period, especially when it comes to RFA's.

So you'd go ahead and offer Smith the max, huh?

So if you offer Smith the max, and you give Chill what he wants, what do you do with Marvin either this summer or next?

Like Diesel, I want years and dollars concerning a deal with Marvin. What do you offer him?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diesel, tell the WHOLE truth man.

Free agents didn't want to come here in the first place. The only reason we got JJ, is because we paid him like he was a future superstar. We had absolutely no talent on the team, outside of Harrington, so we went ahead and paid JJ like he was the franchise player to build around.

So seeing how we had to build through the draft... and seeing how we finally get to a place of some respectability in the league and most importantly among FA, our answer is to purposely drag our feet with our own FAs? For what reason did it have to come down to our FAs being mifted or upset with our FO and ownership? Why should our own FA have to play games for us to notice them?

Quote:

And speaking of overpaid, look how a mere MLE contract like Speedy's is KILLING US right now. And BK had to overpay to bring him in, because a guy like Cassell flat out didn't want to come to ATL . . even when we were going to overpay him.

Even this year, are we supposed to give Posey 6 mill per, instead of dealing with Smith and Childress first?

I don't know where you have come up with this BS.

Let's put the facts out here.

1. We were already over the salary cap are very close to it coming into the offseason.

2. Us signing a FA with or w/o Chillz and Smoove would require us using MLE.

Those two facts tell the whole story Northcyde. The story it tells is that if we really wanted to resign the Joshes as we have heard several times... When the team with more than the MLE had finished their business, we should have presented a good deal. Instead, we're posturing.

You know what that is a picture of Northcyde.. A man that goes into a car dealership... and he takes the ride, looks the car up and down...ask every question imaginable.. but he doesn't want to go back into the office and work out a deal.

Quote:

And what are we supposed to pay Chill? 5/40 mill?

My contention has been 5 yr/38.322 Million. (starts at 5.85)

and for Smoove 5 yr 63.523 Million. (Starts at 10.5).

That would put us about 3 Million from the LTC.

Quote:

Better yet Diesel, answer me this.

What do you offer Marvin Williams?

I offer Williams a trade. Please tell me what Marvin has done to deserve an extension?

Quote:

We COULD actually get his extension done over the summer if we wanted to avoid having him become a RFA next summer. So what contract do you offer him, if there is no Childress around?

I don't make Marvin an offer at all. Marvin doesn't have to be resigned right now. Moreover, Marvin has shown nothing worth an early extension.

Quote:

we have to try to play this right. A guy like Smith might be disgruntled

Like you it doesn't bother me that Smith is disgruntled even though i am a big Smith fan and want him resigned.

Bottom line is that if you are going to look at his performance you have to look at the positives and negatives. His poor (and frequent) outside shooting and his propensity for turnovers have to be counted against him at the negotiating table. He is not a $70 million player.

Quote:

Swish, I think there are only 3 Hawk fans in Tennessee . . lol.

But back to the topic, we have to try to play this right. A guy like Smith might be disgruntled of how slow things are going, but this is pretty much standard procedure for the NBA free agency period, especially when it comes to RFA's.

So you'd go ahead and offer Smith the max, huh?

So if you offer Smith the max, and you give Chill what he wants, what do you do with Marvin either this summer or next?

Like Diesel, I want years and dollars concerning a deal with Marvin. What do you offer him?

I offer Smith a little less than max and go from there, Chills a little less than MLE, and SNT Marv for some quality. We obviously can't keep I don't think with stingy owners Marv, JJ, JS, Chills, Horf, Acie....you know the drill. Marv next year will not be worth 5/70.