Diesel

• Premium Member

Hopefully...

It's not back to Belkin.

Hopefully....

The ASG sells.

Hopefully....

Not to David McDavid.

Our ownership has come off as the biggest bunch of boobs ever. We had so much momentum. We had so much support and respect. And in 2 freakin months, we just f'd it all up.

Northcyde must work for ASG... talking about Calm down. There's no calm here. We've just watched one of the biggest screw ups this side of passing on Chris Paul because BK likes big guards and we're supposed to calm down? It's not even the fact that's it was Chillz. It's the fact that we probably lost him for NOTHING. Like I said the other day... VALUE. We have to recoop Value on all of our valuable players.

Now to hear that Chillz agent got in a huff because ASG's reps were playing phone tag instead of trying to settle a deal??? Sund if you're not here to do basketball business, then why are you here??

As a fan, I feel lied to. I heard all season long that our first priority is to resign the Joshes. Now, I don't care what you did to resign them. You could have SNT Chillz.. but no. You let him take a 10% choice... and do it. STUPID.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe now, Marvin can get 12 three pointers on the season!!

Go Marvin!

lol low blow

I figure Marvin has no more excuses...

Marvin = the master of the non-three pointer.

MNTP...

I'm not going to react to this until it happens. I'm hoping it's just a leveraging move, really the only one available to Chillz and his representation.

I can't be mad at ASG over this, because there are a bunch of other RFAs that are still unsigned. They are following standard op procedures; Chillz moved outside the box.

It will really hurt if this goes through though. Your right, the momentum and goodwill we built in the playoff run would be severely hampered.

ATL sports is just....snakebit.

Quote:

Our ownership has come off as the biggest bunch of boobs ever. We had so much momentum. We had so much support and respect. And in 2 freakin months, we just f'd it all up.

OVERREATION ALERT!!!! banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I wouldn't believe anything until it actually happens. Smoove and Chillz are still Hawks last time I looked, so why are you already declaring a national emergency?

Diesel, you don't get it, do you?

Every single decent RFA in the NBA is going through the same thing that Chill and Smoove are going through. Every single one. The fact that Sund and the ASG said that re-signing the Joshes were their first priority, doesn't mean that you give Chill 8 million per and Smith 14 million per.

And the fact that Smith and Chill said after the playoffs that they wanted to be Hawks and keep this going, doesn't mean that they just take any offer the ASG throws at them.

I love what Chill brings to the table. But the truth is that his production can be replaced by multiple players stepping up. And it will happen. It almost always does. And the team may be better for it.

Yes, it would've been nice to get something back for Chill in a S&T, but this is an unprecedented scenario that is possibly going down. No one could've seen this coming.

And I hate to tell you this Diesel, but this franchise values Marvin Williams more than they do Childress. Marvin WILL step up his game even more this year. And the loss of Chill will be lessened, because our all-star 2-guard can easily slide over and play the 3.

So the only question then becomes can guys like Mario and Jeremy give us spot minutes at the 2, and do what they do best, whether it be defense or shooting. And can Acie give us 20 solid minutes a game.

You'll see this firsthand when the season starts, seeing that Marvin can't play in the first 2 games.

Fans are just too emotional about everything, and don't see all sides of the issue or situation. Just let this all play out, and see what we end up with once everything is over. This same fan base was going bonkers thinking that Smith was surely going to get an offer from Philly or the Clips.

But it never happened.

Whatever happens, the Hawks are going to be OK going into next season.