• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Just heard on 790 the zone.........

Wurider05

You should have heard the guys on 790 on Sunday.

One of the host (not a caller or email) was saying he wanted to let Josh Smith walk and use $10 mill a year on Morris and K. Brown as a, and I quote, "2 Headed Monster at Center."

This was wrong on so may levels:

1. We only have the MLE of $5.8 mill that we can offer to player who are not our own RFA (such as Brown and Morris). Morris and Brown would happily split that exception. Maybe not a 50/50 split but a 60/40 split.

2. using the term "2 Headed Monster at Center" with Morris and Brown shows your truely clueless.

3. How can Brown and Morris = Smoove's production

A decent radio host would have used the same example (minus the 2 headed monster comment) with Chillz rather then Smoove, IF THEY UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING ABOUT the MLE or the salary cap.

An rational arguement could be made that the team would be better off with:

Brown and Morris splitting the MLE of $5.8 mill.... Jackson and Richardson on mininmum deals at $400 K per year

then

Chillz for slightly more then the MLE at $6.5 to $7 mill per year

the Host Nick Cellini was reading and email from a listener. He even stated it was such. The email said the listener heard a rumor about the trade. People should really pay attention or not report things they didn't hear clearly.

I know there was a huge reaction to the Chill story. That was because there was actual proof he was/is considering playing overseas. There are other stories that you can tell are false from the start and shouldn't even be taken seriously. This is one of them. Soon as I read Marvin for Wilkins I knew it was a joke just to get a reaction.