• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

(Poll)How to spend money involving Chillz

coachx

I guess no one, outside of myself and a few others, have confidene in guys like Horford, Law, and especially Marvin, stepping up to the plate to compensate for the loss of Chill.

And I wonder if the loss of Chill, would spur Marvin and Smith to start hitting the offensive boards. That's not a bad thing at all if that happens.

Golden St last year loses Jason Richardson, arguably their 2nd or 3rd best player, and sees Stephen Jackson stay hurt most of the year . . yet . . they win 6 more games in 07 - 08.

Why?

Because guys like Monta Ellis, Azubuike, Barnes, and even Biendrins, stepped up on the offensive end. And when Jackson was healthy, he played very well.

It could very well be the case that without Chill, guys like Horford and Marvin could see their ppg averages go up 3 - 4 points. And if Smith started to crash the offensive boards, you could see him become a legit 20 ppg scorer.

It's possible that we become a better halfcourt team without Chill, while losing some of our potency on the fast break.

Quote:

And I wonder if the loss of Chill, would spur Marvin and Smith to start hitting the offensive boards. That's not a bad thing at all if that happens.

I've been saying this for a while. Chil is very good at some things but the fact that he has basically stopped playing on the perimeter means we have to build our halfcourt offense around his post/baseline game. If Chil isn't in that spot than someone else would be, most of us hope that would be Smith because if he's down low... well he's not on the perimeter.

Beyond that we are hoping that Acie (or even Speedy) can begin to contribute on a consistent basis this season. Since we didn't have a consistent backup for Bibby last season we'd often push JJ down to the point or even play Chil there, those are some minutes that Chil would lose anyway. We also want to get a backup big man, often times when Smith would come out we'd push Marv up to the PF position and play Chil at SF - Marv played more PF minutes than Horford did, I'd say he was a "big" for around 9 minutes a game (based on some rough 82games calculations). If we had a real backup big man we could sub Josh out for whoever that was which would reduce a few of Chil's minutes too. Taking a very conservative estimate that those guys took 5 of Chil's minutes, you are talking about paying $7-8m a year for a guy you really don't want playing more than 24 minutes a night.

Quote:

Sign Maurice Evans/JR Smith plus sign K. Brown, Jackson, & Richardson,

I like it with Evans and his gritty defense and spot up shooting. JR Smith, though talented, has too much J-Smoove in him for them both to co-exist. However, in a perfect world we would be dangerous in the open court with those two. What worries me is their poor decisions and ill advised shots in the half court.

I also like the idea of getting Morris and Brown which gives us the luxury of having an "extra big." Then when a team gets desperate for a big...... ZaZa's expiring contract, while being a "Center", could net us a wing better then Evans and one with a better attitude then JR Smith.

Quote:

I guess no one, outside of myself and a few others, have confidene in guys like Horford, Law, and especially Marvin, stepping up to the plate to compensate for the loss of Chill.

I hear ya' Trace !

I have confidence in Horford and Law stepping up their games in their 2nd seasons.

Marvin I have hope for too.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My take is that you should never loose a player for nothing.

I'll take nothing over a scrub and a late 1st which is what the Hawks would get for Childress. Nobody is going to give up a quality player for a middle of the road RFA.

In recent years the best player that a team traded in a SNT deal to aquire a RFA is probably Diaw which should be self explanatory.

Let me get this straight...you would take nothing over a bench shooter/defender AND a first round pick?

What have you been smoking this morning?

You are assuming that we would get a useful player in a Childress trade which tells me you must be smoking something. Good players don't get traded for RFA's.

Did you read Diesel's thread on SNTs for Chills? There were some very nice complementary players in there. Yes, yes, I take everything Diesel says with a healthy dose of salt, but still, he wasn't far off.